• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Period Relations and Towns

So all information I had available has been put into Build 14 Alpha 9.5 Patch 4 for as far as possible.
Has anybody got any comments on the Periods mod yet? And maybe some suggestions?
The Portuguese Bridgetown on Las Barbados in the Early Explorers period doesn't make much sense.
Neither does the Dutch Kralendijk on "Isla do Palo Brasil". And there's more examples like that.
On the other hand, for gameplay purposes, it's easiest to ensure that each nation has at least one town with governor.

from what i seen it seems to be cool.though i been playing mostly the standard story line
lately.but i have checked out all story lines so from the periods used it seems to be working.
if i ever get my story line even begun lol we'll have the 1 unused that i can tell atleast period in game so we can test it out.well those of us that are limited by the story lines that is :razz

For the historical names - if a city in reality was unpopulated in a certain era, perhaps easiest is to call the city the same as the island:

Las Barbados -> "Barbados"
Isla do Palo Brasil -> "Palo Brasil"

That's a good idea. But Barbados has two towns, so we then still need one city name.
Unless we name the other one "Las". :rofl

About the town change, I'll need to change a bit the first quest of the Assassin Main quest. As you know, you have to kill a former Spanish Spy working for the French in Port-au-Prince. The problem is the town, now, is called Hôpital and belongs to the pirates. :facepalm

Don't worry; I've restored it to France. We do keep the "Hôpital" town name, but that's already working correctly.
That nation change just messes up too many quests. :facepalm

Don't worry; I've restored it to France. We do keep the "Hôpital" town name, but that's already working correctly.
That nation change just messes up too many quests. :facepalm
Thanks :onya. Even for the Bartolomeu main quest, it was weird that town could be pirate...

Thing is... in the Early Explorers period, Barbados (Las Barbados) is supposed to be an uninhabited Portuguese island.
Removing the towns is not exactly simple and I'd prefer not having to do that any time soon.
So if you could come up with some Portuguese names for Bridgetown and Speightstown, that'd be great. :doff

Done. I also name Kralendijk to Palo Brasil and Pointe a Pitre to Guadalupe.
And Grand Cayman becomes Cumana (that's just my fantasy) when it's Spanish and the island is Las Tortugas.
Any suggestions for the Spanish versions of Governor's Harbor and Alice Town?

In the Both Main Quest Alice town is English but in the Early Explorers period the town is Spanish right ?

I think for these towns you could search the names on the maps of some countries like Venezuela, Colombia and so on...

If you have some problems to find the names, I could find them for you... :yes

Could it be possible for towns of Hôpital, Tortuga and Port Royal to have a "tolerance" about pirates during the spanish main ? Even if those towns belonged to France and England, they were pirates lairs just because piracy was largely facilitated by those nations against spaniards. I personnaly think that those towns should be peupled by pirates and town forts shouldn't target pirate ships during the Spanish Main :rolleyes:

The real name of Tortuga shouldn't be "La Tortue" as long as it belongs to France ? ;)

I was thinking of that myself. But how can you set the tolerance for pirates just to those cities?
Something can be done in Battleinterface for that. After all, the challenge is just to set a neutral relation between the fort commandant and the pirate for those cities :rolleyes:

That does sound interesting, yes. :woot
Tortuga name change is taken care of. :doff

Back