• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Period Relations and Towns

Good point. I am fixing it by just setting Emmanuel Devlin to use the regular dialog file after the opening scene.
That should work. :doff

All characters in a changed nation town get different names. If this causes any quests to not make sense, let me know and I can add an attribute to make their names stick.
I did that for Marc Blacque already; doesn't make sense to have him being Spanish, does it?

Has anyone been playing in Early Explorers lately? How do the changes work out?

I have not seen anything glaringly wrong, but the only Governors I've talked to were the ones I begged forgiveness from. Just started a new game there in the newest install.

Just as a reminder, main stuff that was changed:
- Several islands disabled: let me know if you find any in-game reference to them left
- Emissaries added to Antigua for England and Holland due to a lack of regular governors for either nation

The disabled islands have been working properly. Yes there were some odd dialogs but I can't remember where they are right now.

If there are no other specific comments, I'll mark this as Solved for now.
If anyone does run into references to disabled islands in Early Explorers, do let me know!

Just noticed that the MAPS for the Early Explorers disabled islands are still being sold.
Oopsey. So I'm adding a bit of code to prevent those from showing up if the islands don't exist. That'd be a bit weird, no....?

Exactly. It was actually your savegame that made me notice the problem.
Shouldn't happen anymore with a new game on the next release though.

I have just made a small code change that might help quite a bit in gameplay:
The appearance of merchant or navy flags on ship encounters used to depend on the ship type.
Merchant flags on ships with War = false and Trade = true and navy flags on everything else.

But that does not cover ships that are sometimes merchant and sometimes navy. Therefore, I have recoded this to use the so-called "fantom type" instead.
This means that you will now be able to recognize the REAL merchants by their flags. Those are the ones with less crew and more valuable cargo!
This becomes especially interesting on the Treasure Fleets. Now you'll KNOW which ships to board and capture and which ones to stay away from.

So the crew size has been fixed? I got in a battle with 2 English galleons last night. A war galleon and a merchant galleon and the merchant had the larger crew.

Back