• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Period Relations and Towns

I managed to change relations between fort commandants of those towns and pirates during the Spanish main and it works pretty fine :dance
those towns can now be acceded even if you raise a pirate flag...
In the future, it could be interesting to add some stuff in governor's dialog file of those towns for this period. He could be welcoming to pirates and encourage piracy against Spaniards :urgh

That sounds cool. What about Redmond in Early Explorers though? It IS Spanish then. :?

That sounds cool. What about Redmond in Early Explorers though? It IS Spanish then. :?
No my changes are only available for the Spanish main period ! During other periods, those towns are hostile to pirates !!! Governor's dialog would also take care of the current period.

Thanks, Screwface!
Do you reckon we should also make it so that pirate ships can appear in those ports during those time periods as well?
At the moment, you'll only ever see pirate ships in pirate ports, because enemy ships are no longer placed in ports.

They won't, because it's merely the fort that doesn't fire on them.
But they're STILL enemy to the town nation, which defines whether they're shown or not.

The problem with that is if there are pirates ships who appears in those ports at the same time of town nation ships, you could have a battle between them with a neutral fort to both of them :urgh

Yes, that could happen. But how to solve THAT again? :modding
I can imagine that people will bring this up as a bug. :facepalm

Yes, that could happen. But how to solve THAT again? :modding
There's a solution to avoid that. Why wouldn't we set relation to neutral between pirates and those towns nations ships only in those waters. I mean pirates could have neutral relation with french ships around Hispaniola and neutral relation with English around Jamaica. Those islands would be a demilitarized zone between pirates and the towns nations :rolleyes:

So the towns personally will be neutral but in open water (and other islands) they would be enemy? :?

Sounds good to me :yes

Consider it done. Governor's Harbor is Spanish in Early Explorers and Spanish Main,
but Alice Town is Spanish only in Early Explorers. :doff

With the latest changes I have just posted in the Build 14 Alpha 9? thread,
I have added pretty much all information from your modrefguide into the game.
There's some stuff I changed for gameplay purpose and I don't yet know what to do with historically unexisting towns in periods.
But the period relations, town and island names, town nationalities and governor names have all been applied now. :woot

Awesome, first class job Pieter! I can't wait to test out the realistic period mod, if only I could get my computer to download Alpha 9 :facepalm

Sorry I've been inactive for a bit, I've been away with work for the last 6 weeks, meaning I've done absolutely nothing to this in that time. Damn it, if only I did'nt have to eat :rolleyes:

I understand that you are away soon as well? In your absence I will update the rest of the Govenor's names and insert them into the mod. I will also continue to update the modrefguide and see if I have anything useful to add to the Wiki.

Hopefully Bartolomeu is still talking to me as I promised to look at some weapons descriptions with him, and I can only apologise to him that I have'nt had the time yet.

Lastly, would anybody have any objections if I had a go at writing a quest? I would quite like to have a crack at writing something to do with the Eighty Years War, probably something to do with a Dutch Trader becoming a leading force against the Spanish as they raid the Spanish Main of all it welth. Just an idea I'm messing with :woot

long as ya willing to try coding the story your self,sure,or if ya can find a coder who isn't busy that works too i guess.

I've got a story line my self,just haven't been motivated lately to work on it,
i have a good 1st oh maybe quarter written but to be honest,the coding is scaring me,it shouldn't
lots of tutorials for every aspect of making the quests but it is alot of work.

any ways good luck :dance

Back