• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Pirate Festival!

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
In a few weeks the city I live in will be hosting our annual Pirate Festival. There will be a sailing ship cruising up and down the channel blasting off cannons, with a shore battery firing back. There will be Redcoats and Militia with their muskets. There will be sword fighting, both demonstrations and lessons. There will be live bands, both electric and wandering minstrels. There will be many booths where almost anything is for sale. There won't be any rum for sale, but there will be plenty of ale! And turkey legs and meat pies. Also it is rumored that some of the cast of the PotC movies will be there this year.

Last year approx 30,000 people showed up over three days. There are larger Festivals, but not many. In Devon 1,700 people dressed up. We aim to beat that mark.

I wish they did that near where I live (or where I have my vacation house)

It is located in Williamsburg Virginia, near where the first English Colony was build (Jamestown) which was the inspiration for Oxbay. There is rich piratical history near there (Blackbeard, Samuel Bellamy, my ancestor named William Kidd)

Cool! Sounds like loads of fun. Be sure to post lots of pictures of the event :))

We used to have a certain feline prowling around here that reported a bit on these types of gatherings from time to time. In fact, I would love to see someone posting them on the main news page(hint, HINT!
whippa.gif
), unfortunately, I just really don't have the time to track down all the info though.

It does sound like an awesome thing for sure, just so you know I have moved this topic to the Burning Brig as it isnt really to do with mod ;)

They sail around where I'm from in old sailing ships, but no cannons. I guess it may be illegal. Damn government...:twisted:

(Note. I said from, not at)

Well, a 30 second search found this. These are just the ones on this side of the pond. My link

Looking through the list, there was a Pirate Festival at Brixham, England in May and one coming up at the Isle of Wight in July.

Well, this old curmudgeon just returned from 2 days of partying with pirates and more. Thoroughly trashed, thrashed, bent, folded, spindled, and mutilated. The old Guiness book of World Records record for Pirate Festivals was set at Brixham, England and was 1,725 attendees in period dress. :trio Yesterday Vallejo, California set a new record of 2,618 (unofficially). :piratesahoy! I don't know when it will be made official or what the final count will be. They didn't sell any rum there, :j3 but there was plenty of ale. My favorite is something called India Pale Ale. :nerbz Today we were walking along, enjoying the sights when we were rousted by soldiers bringing a prisoner to trial. We just happened to be in the right place at the right time. :j2 The prisoner was a woman named Bonney something, or something Bonney. They said they were going to hang her, but she pled her belly. She was pregnant! So she did not swing this day.

The wife and I got some pictures and will share them soon. :cheers

Great pics miklkit, that be a fine bunch scoundrels, scallywags, wenches and even a Viking!
smileyviking.gif

Great video too, awesome stuff mate! :onya

Ohhh, I know the people who put on that fest, I hope they made the Guiness Book, if only for the STOUT (LOL!). Looks like you had great fun! I wish I could have been there however I was occupied with other ...Ummm... ...Adventures (such as ducking the Spanish Court) (Yesss, they are still hot on my trail, good thing ships don't leave trails that last very long)...
giggly.gif

It's always time to go Pirating mate! :cheers

Unfortunately, I will be working! :facepalm

Great pics mate, I really wish I could find the time to get to one of these! Me current slave masters have seen fit, in their malevolent generosity, to issue me a promotion and toss me an extra shilling if I beg proper! Unfortunately, that doesn't leave much time for the important things in life, like Pirating!

Aye mate, they do let me out occasionally, something about labor laws or some such nonsense, but I gotta keep me shanty ship shape or the lubbers next door start squawking and raising a ruckus! :rolleyes:

And with looking up all the news on top of everything, that doesn't leave a whole lot of free time. Maybe one of these years I can cut loose the moorings and get back where I belong! :sail :keith :woot

I'd be posting more news stuff, but doofus here seems to spend more time reading it lately. xD: Seems there's a cloud of dihydrogen whatsit headed to the west coast from those bloody reactors in Japan. Methinks it's high time somebody just step in and take over! Stupid Tepco! What are they? Dow Chemical? :shock

Anyways, back on topic! June, you say? Hmmm... :cheeky

Back