• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Pirates Odyssey: To Each His Own

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a couple of questions:
1) If the dialog files aren't in Program folder, they MUST be somewhere else, please answer if you know where.
2) Where is Isla Mona, I can not find it on map.
3) -SPOILER- How to get to the COAS (location from AOP2), I know you can.
4) How to make peace with the Spanish (NOT TEMPORARY)?
5) Do you want to know the cities' names or would it be unkind to Russsians before release of English version?

1) The dialogue files ARE in the Program folder. That's the problem.....the Program folder IS NOT in the Steam local content files. This means to me that they are part of the source code and not available to the regular Steam user for modding. I can only hope if this comes out on disk that the Program files will be included so that the game can be modded and added to by the fan based community. I think the game will lose popularity very fast if these files are not there.

Just look at COAS and POTC. We would all have lost interest years ago if we could not mod(add/change content to) these games.

2) No idea where Isla Mona is because I can't even figure how to get out of the first town I'm in except to go into the jungle.

3) No idea???

4) ???

5) The town files are in the local Resource folder, so there are no secrets here. If you want to divulge them, no one will care, because they are part of the open (executable) source segment of the game.

MK

2) There is not Isla Mona in this game. The map is equal to CoAS map, although some towns have other names and belong to other nations due to the historical reality.

Here are some NEW locations I discovered in that game (sorry, no screenshots). We can use them in Build Mod I think.
1) Fort basement - in every fort, downstairs, instead of prisons (AOP2) which are now in towns.
2) Old cemetery - I found them on Curaçao and Jamaica, when you exit town, turn right.
3) Cemetery crypts - at cemeteries posted above.
4) Captain's cabins - for now I discovered 3.
5) Los Teces mine camp - between Cumana and Caracas.
6) Tortuga town.
7) Dutch West India Trading Company headquarters - in Willemstad.
8) Indian villages - same places where pearl divers' villages were in AOP2.
9) Indian huts - in villages.
10) Church in Los Teces (town mentioned above).
I bet there's more, but many locations are the same like in AOP 1 and 2. A pity.

And here are the cities' names (as read in russian):
1) English
Belize
Bluebird
Saint John's
Bridgetown
Port Royal
2) French
Capsterville
Tortuga
Port-au-Prince
Basse-Terre
Saint-Pierre
3) Spanish
Havana
Santiago
Santo Domingo
San Juan
San Jose
Cumana
Los Teces
Caracas
Maracaibo
Cartagena
Portobello
Panama
4) Dutch
Philipsburg
Willemstad
5) Pirate
Sharptown
La Vega
Puerto Principe
Le Francois
Maroon Town

@ Jack: I know there are other locations - cool new dungeons and the like, but because I don't know Russian I can't even figure out how to get through the first quest requirement - so I can't even leave the town I'm in and most of the buildings are closed to me.

I think they have used a modified version of the Peter Blood begining story from the original COAS as the start of the game - from what I can understand after google translating their ( Blackmark Studio's) forum here --- >>> http://www.blackmark.bz/forums/index.php?showtopic=2391

They seem to use PB's story from when he arrives in the Caribbean - and has all the tasks to do to get a ship. But they have changed it arround a lot. I think some of the tasks are the same but given by different people.

The player is now the Chavalier de Gaummont and has to get the money to get a boat to sail from Martinique ( where you start ) to Guadeloupe.

I can't guarantee that any of the above is correct - it is just what I have managed to gather from looking through Blackmark's Forums.

:read

I think I have found a Let's Play walkthrough of the game ( in Russian of course ). This looks like the start of the Game:dance

EDIT:- The player gets a ship in the 2nd part (video) of this Let's Play.

:duel:

I can't guarantee that any of the above is correct - it is just what I have managed to gather from looking through Blackmark's Forums.
Protagonist's correct name is Charles de More.
I can't say that game start looks like PB beginning in COAS, but in general You are right. Charles should complete some short quests to get money, buy ship on yard, employ officer and crew, and finally depart Martinique.

In locations I forgot 3 ships' lower decks and maltese crypt in Saint-Pierre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back