• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Pirates Odyssey: To Each His Own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps he's Watching this thread? In any case, there is little point to post when there is nothing going on.
PO:TEHO is clearly in "it will be done when it's done" mode. All we can do is hope and wait.
We have other things to keep ourselves busy with anyway. And LOTS of them at that! :cheeky

All,

I will provide any updates regarding the future of this game when available, unless the developers opt to do so first out of interest for the community.
I am NOT the official spokesman, but have availability of information beyond most members here.

In the meantime, I recommend stop asking and read a good book, travel, go sailing, spend time with your loved ones, or whatever "floats your boat".

Things continue to go VERY SLOW for a multitude of reasons, and I am sure most of you would rather just be surprised at this point when it shows up in Steam.

If not, and the bottom completely falls out of this ship's keel, eventually the sunken ship will be salvaged and raised through a number of other options under development outside of Akella.

The series is not completely in the grave yet.
Eventually, the story of Charles de Mor will be told for everyone to hear.

Last edited:
As i always said in this thread, if POTEHO will be released in English, it will show up when nobody is expecting it anymore.
Btw, who the hell is Charles de Mor ? Is he the Hero of POTEHO? :checklist

Last edited:
@piratesjunkie - Yes, Charles de Mor is the primary character (and only direct hero) of POTEHO (similar to CoAS - Peter Blood).
@Cptlwan - No, the English version of POTEHO is not "vaporware", as most of the code is transitioned and the game is functional.
My greater concern currently is the ability to prevent this game from becoming "abandonware" before it is properly released in English.
The current complications are not easily explained based on pure logical discussion, nor does anyone want to hear them.
Think of the current situation in terms of Russian mods/storylines for CoAS (POTEHO is not the same as it is a FULL game), that you all have NEVER seen, but still exist beyond the internet.
Even I get highly annoyed, when I think about it.
Just enjoy the many other things, life has to offer for now.
I am doing what I can to support a solution, but this is not about the fan base, its about the realities of game development now.

I dunno but from this it pretty much falls under vapourware category

"Vaporware is a term in the computer industry that describes a product, typically computer hardware or software, that is announced to the general public but is never actually released nor officially cancelled"

In the end it doesnt rly matter. We can expect joruba next year with new "translation is almost done" troll :) since summer is nearly over and looks like he dissapired once again lol.

For crying out loud, STOP IT! If I see one more of these whining posts, this thread is locked.
Go and do some constructive with your life!

For crying out loud, STOP IT! If I see one more of these whining posts, this thread is locked.
Go and do some constructive with your life!

Its called OPINION, it can be different, or does everyone need to think the same way on this forum?. You know, i don't have to agree with somebody, or i may think that somebody is bullshiting me, but i always try to back up opinion with SOMETHING.
As for doing something constructive with life don't worry about that, i can do constructive stuff in life and still read and comment and give opinion, its not mutually excluding.

Enough is enough. We have given this plenty of chances. Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back