• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Porting New Horizons to Maelstrom Engine

Looking good indeed. :cheers

By the way, how easy is it to port updates from the Storm 2.0 version?
I suspect it will be a matter of win-merging, but maybe there's more to it than what I imagine without yet having taken a look in the files.

Looking good indeed. :cheers

By the way, how easy is it to port updates from the Storm 2.0 version?
I suspect it will be a matter of win-merging, but maybe there's more to it than what I imagine without yet having taken a look in the files.

It depends what updates. Major changes that affect engine compatibility can be tricky. When updating storylines, quests etc, you don't have to win-merge anything. It usually works without issues.

Buccaneer's_0004.jpg
Buccaneer's_0005.jpg
Buccaneer's_0006.jpg

The foam ACTUALLY MOVES!!
No more flat, static textures.
It really looks gorgeous.

How did you and @ChezJfrey pull this off?
What kind of white magic does it take? :shock

I was talking figuratively, of course.
But as they say, "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic".

Since I don't know how it works, for me "Maelstrom" is magic.
And since it is also good, that makes it WHITE magic!

Right? ;)

I was talking figuratively, of course.
But as they say, "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic".

Since I don't know how it works, for me "Maelstrom" is magic.
And since it is also good, that makes it WHITE magic!

Right? ;)

absolutely :)

I have continued my work on porting the animations and advanced melee system for New Horizons on Maelstrom. It's a huge work to do, cause there are around 1400 character models. So far I have done around 200 of them, but I can't make fast progress because of the work I do for living and the other personal matters that happen to all of us every day. My guess is that it can be finished in about 2-3 months if everything goes well.

Back