• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Porting New Horizons to Maelstrom Engine

When looking through a spyglass there is no shipdamage displayed. I only see speed, distance, shipname and shipowner. Used a normal spyglass. Any ideas?

When looking through a spyglass there is no shipdamage displayed. I only see speed, distance, shipname and shipowner. Used a normal spyglass. Any ideas?

I think you need a superior spyglass for that info. I will dedicate some time to spyglasses after I finish porting the new fighting mechanics and model animations. It's a lot of work for me to do, around 1400 character models.

Can someone explain on how to get the Maelstrom engine. Do I have to buy it and then download the New Horizons mod separately and if so where do I buy it. Kind of confused?

Can someone explain on how to get the Maelstrom engine. Do I have to buy it and then download the New Horizons mod separately and if so where do I buy it. Kind of confused?

It's all explained in the first page of this thread. But I will post it here for you.
You have to buy the engine from this link:
Gentlemen of Fortune: Maelstrom by ChezJfrey (itch.io)

After you have the engine, you just follow this video, it explains everything:
Maelstrom Engine installation guide - YouTube

It's all explained in the first page of this thread. But I will post it here for you.
You have to buy the engine from this link:
Gentlemen of Fortune: Maelstrom by ChezJfrey (itch.io)

After you have the engine, you just follow this video, it explains everything:
Maelstrom Engine installation guide - YouTube
Thanks, I purchased mine last night and I am getting it setup now. I assume I just extract the update over the install of New Horizons I downloaded last night just like you would install the extra fix's for normal New Horizons?

When I start a new game all I get is a black screen. It loads then goes back to main menu. When I click resume all I see is black with an interaction dialog for Nathanial Hawk. Here are my logs.

Attachments

• system.log
    801 bytes · Views: 94
  • compile.log
    4.7 KB · Views: 86
When I start a new game all I get is a black screen. It loads then goes back to main menu. When I click resume all I see is black with an interaction dialog for Nathanial Hawk. Here are my logs.
This problem only happens after installing the September 28th update so I do not know if I am doing something wrong?

I'm sure that's an improvement. Unfortunately none of my storylines will work as they are loaded with references to the old system.

Unfortunately none of my storylines will work as they are loaded with references to the old system.
They won't work yet.
But surely with testing and modifying, they can be updated?
With a bit of luck (or effort on my part), it wouldn't even need to be (just?) you to make these changes.
Eventually I should get to playing again myself; and what better time to do so than after switching to Maelstrom?
And when I'm playing anyway, I can be adjusting stuff along the way.
That's what I used to do in the past too.

They won't work yet.
But surely with testing and modifying, they can be updated?
With a bit of luck (or effort on my part), it wouldn't even need to be (just?) you to make these changes.
Eventually I should get to playing again myself; and what better time to do so than after switching to Maelstrom?
And when I'm playing anyway, I can be adjusting stuff along the way.
That's what I used to do in the past too.

Well @Strannik has set up the github repository for New Horizons Maelstrom, so we can update every change very easily.

I'm sure that's an improvement. Unfortunately none of my storylines will work as they are loaded with references to the old system.

Which are your storylines? We have been fixing Hornblower's and Bartolomeu's as we play them. So far the hardest part for me has been to learn how NH works, not the porting work itself. It shouldn't be too hard to make everything work fine.

It's most in WoodesRogers. Foggy weather for ex. in mines. I've adjusted it all once when the weather system was changed during my
development time. Guess it can be done again...

It's most in WoodesRogers. Foggy weather for ex. in mines. I've adjusted it all once when the weather system was changed during my
development time. Guess it can be done again...

It is very possible that nothing broke after the weather port. But I will test it.

Back