• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

-= POTC MOD IDEAS =-

<!--`QuoteBegin-Culliford`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Culliford)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->As for a mod I'd like to see, how about more sails?  Perhaps some nice ones like in Port Royale... Blue, or something with designs on them.[/quote]

Well, we have black sails in the 10.1 mod - and your sails can be emblemed too. Probably would be quite simple (tho I don't know for sure as I haven't gotten that far in my investigations into how to mod) to add different colors.

i think this is a question for KELL MAN!!! or anyother mod here? how hard is it to add emblems or sailcolors?

I've got a couple of suggestions:

1. A Quicksave & Quickload feature. And being able to Quickload while dying, instead of having to wait until the animation is done, and then having to press ESC at the following `death-movie`.

2. Sidestepping. I'd really like to be able to sidestep (yes, I'm a FPS fan). I know this would require new animations and such, though. I just feel like I'm stuck to the ground sometimes in battle.

Muskets would be cool

Or new Icons for the compass, icons that look more pirate like, brown - dirty colors not Red and neon green. :):

<!--`QuoteBegin-Morphicon`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Morphicon)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->And being able to Quickload while dying, instead of having to wait until the animation is done, and then having to press ESC at the following `death-movie`.[/quote]

Welcome aboard, Morphicon! Pull up a keg and have a couple on us! :):

Try F1 instead of ESC the moment your character dies and you will and you will get the options screen where you can select load. That will get you past that animation... :p

I'm pretty sure that they can malfunction.
IIRC from the Sharpe novels the flint could break or just be loose, so they carried spare flints around.
Also occasionally the round could be stuck inside the barrel and the soldier has to take the kit out of the stock of the rifle and literally screw the ball out.

Is it possible to add a random misfire to the guns to simulate this?

More mod suggestions...

I have another suggestion for a mod!
I am level 48 now and it really bothers me that I can't get stronger or more skillful in any way! Is it possible to make a mod where players can increase their `skill-points` to.. Let's say 20 or 30? :)
Btw, I know this is a small problem, but the sound when you dock is really annoying. Isn't there some way you could make it play the whole sound instead of just the scratchy one?

Here's my idea: Let ships that aren't yours be able to board each other. It might really change the way we play...

Right now, I can take a MOW with my frigate and leave it with a skellington crew, because I know there's no way anyone's going to destroy the hull of that thing (I hate 'em, too !@#$ slow, but they sell for a lot).

But if the pirates could SEE that I had, oh, only 100 crew on it (using the masterwork spyglass, of course), then they might get it into their heads to take it back. And the crew, unless I bribed 'em (first thing I always do when switching ships), might just help out the pirates.

Course, it would be a pain to code, I think. I guess you have to autocalc. And what happens if two ships are boarding and I come alongside the OTHER side? That might be neat, me between the French and English (esp. if I'm enemies with both).

I have another idea for a mod. Not too much of a change but some of the stats of each ship class can be set to the original value + or - 15%. Speed, turn rate, hit points and maxcrew are what I was thinking of changing. There are two ways of doing this. The simple one would not keep track of the bonuses and would leave the base price of the ship as is. The more complex method would base the price at the shipyards a little higher if the ship was better. This second method would probably mean you would need to restart your game. The down side it that if you reinitalize your game the ship will change. I tested this with a brig and it works fine. I'm not sure that 15% makes much of a difference in game play. What does everyone think? Would it be worth the time?

I also found out there is a learning edition of maya free for download

http://www.alias.com/eng/`products-ser...ple/index.shtml

has anyone tried this out?

I've an idea for a mod, how about a mod that adds a new attack option, call it parry, it would use the animations from swinging the sword from normal fighting, only when you press the button to parry, your character would swing the sword like normal, only it would not damage the opponent rather, if your sword contacts your opponents sword it would make your opponent change direction and leave his flank open to attack, only you would have to expect a "big attack" soon as he has to turn to attack you again(if you recall when you aren't facing an enemy you will automatically turn with your sword raised and deal a "bigger attack" than normal) so you have to use it carefully, and if you missed it would be like missing with the sword, if possible, i think the enemy should also have this option so when you are fighting, you will not know whitch attack or parry is coming, but if you both parry then maybe you should both be "stuned"(animation from receiving a critical hit) - i was also thinking that the chance for a successful parry should depend on both combatants melee and luck skills

you would of course have to bind a new button, but do you think this would be possible? it could use the same sound effects as a normal sword strike and there wouldnt need any new animations or anything either, so long as we can edit fighting parameters like those

Here's a question... Why is it, if a character/officer has "0" as their experience, that you can't "up" that to help their character grow? I have a guy whose designation is quartermaster and I have been toting him along to the store and the shipyard to feed off his commerce points. He's gotten extra experience points because I gave him "Shared Experience" in skills... SO... He's a 10 in commerce and a 10 in melee, but ZERO in everything else. (go figure) I don't even have him armed...

But I can't use any of his gained experience points anymore. Would it be wrong to suggest that we actually CAN up someone's experience from zero?

I believe it's to model the fact that some people, no matter how hard they try, won't be able to fence (frex).
And to force you to get a variety of stock officers.

Heh. Though it's great that the stock officers have some 0s, but not Virginie d'Espivant. :)

Should put a toggle here too, probably. :p:

<!--`QuoteBegin-Sirus_Darke`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sirus_Darke)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Is it possible to add a random misfire to the guns to simulate this?[/quote]

I was just gonna suggest that... :)

Back