• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

-= POTC MOD IDEAS =-

Hadn't tried that one on Falaise de Fleur, didn't realize it was there. Actually I have been looking at that island, thinking that I need to explore it a little more... Been working on the Animists (Mephisto) quest - didn't do it in previous runthroughs.

<!--`QuoteBegin-skull`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(skull)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Yeah I love that waterfall,almost makes ya wanna jump in and take a bath[/quote]

It does look refreshing enough for a quick skinnydip! :)

<!--`QuoteBegin-KevO44`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KevO44)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->On Faleise de Fleur. You talkin about the bridge you walk over, or thee bridge you sail under.[/quote]
Aye, matey! Faleise de Fleur really be two islands. De bridge connects de two halves, but ye kin only sail under it. Ye cain't walk any where close tew de bridge. So thar essentially be a whole, unused island ready fer moddin' complete wid swingin' bridge! :)

<!--`QuoteBegin-Fred_Bob`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fred_Bob)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->So thar essentially be a whole, unused island ready fer moddin' complete wid swingin' bridge!  :)[/quote]

Wow... That is soooo interesting! I wonder if the modeling is somewhere in the program, just hiding...

Yeah I see what you mean,I sailed under the bridge.but it looks to be in poor condition,a lot of the floor planks seem to be missing.Something else Akella had in mind but did not have time to finish? intersting indeed. In the GM viewer its all one model so its not really a independent island :):

Gee, no new ideas in a while? I had to dig for this topic!

Okay... I am an English Baron with a letter of marque and lots of land, but didn't want to marry the endless succession of nieces of the English gov. So I sailed off to Conseicao and begged a letter of marque from the Portuguese gov. and after a couple of nieces, he introduced me to his daughter! WELL. I married her. Now I've been off on pirate hunting quests and working on getting my rank up to Admiral of the Portuguese navy. So I finally got there.

And I have a couple of questions - or suggestions - about this marriage stuff.

I wonder if it would be possible to work the script so you could give a gift - some of that booty you keep plundering - to your wife (or sweetheart)... It could earn you points? Maybe??? Depending upon how expensive a gift???

The other question/suggestion I had was, hey... After all these "wonderful nights", why don't I have any children yet???

Can that be done? I mean, I know not physically, since there are no small child models - but when you ask the "little woman" for some news she can tell you she's pregnant or with child or expecting... and after a bit she could have the baby... ???

I dunno. It's 3:24AM here, and I'm not sleepy. But maybe I'm not thinking well, either??? (HA!) (why is there no `cross-eyed` or otherwise `dizzy-type` smilie?) :cheers

The Idea with the presents for the girl is very cool. I thought that this feature was already present so i bought some gems which were said to impress the women but i cant use them.

Speaking of marriage I think there should be some benefit if you mary a certain girl. In Conqueror 1086 AD you could choose between 6 girls. Each of them had some unique benefits if you married them. One got you a lot of land. The other one brought unique and expensive weapons into the marriage and so on....
In addition all girls were different for example there was one that was a poor nympho that only liked brutal guys then there was a very religious one and there was even one who wouldn't talk to you if you wouldn't be rich enough....... :cheeky

Another Idea that I thought about
Where on my ship is the Helm /(Steering Wheel)????
That would be cool to have a steering wheel than you know where your place is as a captain! :cheers

Helm on every ship would take a lot of work,this was talked about some time ago
great idea though :cheers

One problem.....if you want to be accurate, the smaller ships (sloops etc.) had tillers AKA "big long stick attached to rudder" not helms.

<!--`QuoteBegin-Starlancer`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Starlancer)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Each of them had some unique benefits if you married them. One got you a lot of land. The other one brought unique and expensive weapons into the marriage and so on....[/quote]

a dowry :cheers For when you become a noble and still aren't married 8)

I'd really like to see marriages get fleshed out a bit and these idea's are a good start(i've already added the gift idea into my current game), i'd also like to see the option of 'divorce' either in the legal sense or the piratical sense :(

perhaps if you married a rich woman and then visted the brothel, or a mistress, a few times she could find out about it via rumors or whatever :cheeky

When I was in the English gov's residence and viewing all those nieces, there were times when two were in the same room together and I thought, wouldn't it be funny if they started a little catfight over who got to "go out" with you? LOL!

<!--`QuoteBegin-skull`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(skull)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Helm on every ship would take a lot of work,this was talked about some time ago
great idea though :cheers[/quote]

Then my idea of a "crays nest" /(did i spell it right) won't help either???? :cheeky

Both are great ideas,I would like that addition to the game but I would be suprised if it ever happens,both would be a nice feature in the game :cheers:

I really like the crow's nest idea, I fI wanna peer to my seeing glass, I allways got that rigging in front of me, or masts,...

yep I hear ya,I always have to drop my sails to get a good bow shot,and see where the hell I'm going :cheers:

<!--`QuoteBegin-Khalkaroth`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Khalkaroth)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I really like the crow's nest idea, I fI wanna peer to my seeing glass, I allways got that rigging in front of me, or masts,...[/quote]

Arg, yes that would be a great Idea. I belive I stated this before, but oh well I can't remember.

Here's another couple of thoughts - in "Uncharted Waters - New Horizons", your ship can be infested with rats or scurvy.

You can buy a poison to use on the rats if it happens, OR you can buy a cat (but they are rare and very expensive) and that will take care of the rats without you having to do anything else.

With scurvy you have a cure - OR I thought that with PotC, you can keep stocked with fruit - which could be consumed like the wheat and rum as part of the rations. Scurvy doesn't usually happen except on long voyages, but if we're getting a new map, perhaps this could be something to add into the mix?

Back