• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

-= POTC MOD IDEAS =-

Okay here's another thought -

Those "endless" pirate hunting missions from the gov, once you've married his niece/daughter - can some variety be added? Usually I go out and get some other pirates on the way but it's getting old. Is it just because I've married the Conseicao gov's daugher and Portugal isn't at war with anyone? Or can there be some "get me this cargo" or 'take this cargo to' or 'find me a particular sword' or 'go kill off the inland bandits and rapists' or something like that???

Just a thought. :p

What about assassinations given from the Governor, go to this town and find this person and shoot him, bring back the papers on him and you get more land or something.

Catalina has an excellant point on those " quest " officers that have 0 stats and to make it worse you can't get rid of them...ever. If you do enough of those quests you could easily end up with 4 of these. Maybe at the end of the quest we could have a parting dialog ?

Hi all, with regards to the storm effects, it would be great to have St Elmo's Fire on the spar tips sometimes. Tho it would be difficult to do correct?

Also with the storms, i noticed that the mod with the build that puts more random wind speeds at sea also affects the storm. While this in not so bad it just seems odd that i can have no damage from 32kt winds at sea and take damage from 15kt winds in a storm. is there a way to make the damage relative to wind speed and sail settings? e.g. damage is taken above 25kt with full sails but only above 35kt with battle sails. IMHO this would make the game a little bit more tactical, more speed=risk sail damage. Tho the Ai would have to be changed xD: , or we'd see ships with little or no sails left through running a full press in 45kt winds :D

<!--`QuoteBegin-Izzie`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Izzie)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Maybe at the end of the quest we could have a parting dialog ?[/quote]

That would be good! Actually I think Nathan is working on something towards that end...

A nice "farewell" to some officers you want to let go (and can) instead of a curt "you're fired!" would also be nice... Something like, "I can see that someone of your abilities will have more opportunities on shore than with me." (is that a gentler way of saying YOU'RE FIRED!!!, or what???)

Izzie, you can get rid of those "0" quest officers - assign them as second officers on a ship you take as a prize and plan to sell in a shipyard. Select "Sell" and you will get your captain officer back but any that you put in as second officers will just be gone!!!

I got rid of Clement and Danielle and the Spanish Admiral's son and several others that way. Heh... Now I have more room for pirate captains to ransom! :D

I was also thinking I played the original Pirates! and I'm not sure if I remember this well but there was a kidnapped relative you had to save and also finding Pirate booty with a pirate map, not sure how hard these would be to implement but the Map thing, nothing says Pirates more then that!

Stupid mod request I: Frigate2 `re-skinned` with the grey, blue and silver MoW_gub theme. (Did anyone else notice that the mesh right behind the figurehead on that frigate has it's normal inverted. I fixed it in Max, but...now what?

Realism changes based on the size of the ship models. Some of these ships, small by the standards of their contemporary variants, have much more firepower than they should for their size and speed. Honestly, realism changes in any arena would be welcome.

Save enabled only when renting a room at an Inn, or only in the Inn itself. Possibly via dialogue with the Innkeep or an `auto-save` function when sleeping?

Working rowboats, including the ones on ship. Upgradeable to Skelly Bob's gunboat?

A full texture replacement pack for all of the NPCs. The architecture has really impressive texturing, but the meshes and textures of the base game people is really `sub-par`. New meshes for most of them would be a very welcome addition.

I don't know about the rest of you, but looking at the flat faced sailors on deck is getting really old. It would be a huge improvement in visual quality to use the same bodies for them that they have on shore. I tried simply replacing the `lo-bodies` with renamed standard bodies and it brought some very...bizarre errors with it. Meshes were warped all over the zone and they twisted inside their skins like someone possessed. I'm guessing that there are some animation issues that would need to be addressed.

The ability to put your sailors in uniform. Male and female sailors. (Sick fantasy thing. There is something about a woman in a redcoat with violently black hair...rawr!)

I want to steal ships from port. It would also be nice to se more harbor clutter. Ports are among the busiest parts of any town and we should have all manner of ships docked. Especially during the big french invasion at the beginning. It would be so much more interesting if you couldn't simply hit the lock icon after you pull off your chores at the beginning, but actually had to steal a small ship or sneak away in a rowboat/gunboat in the night and fight or sneak your way off of the island.

Doubled or tripled exp effort to raise to max. Thus a stat of 20 or 30 (or 50?) wold likely be the equivalent of the base 10, but it would take so much longer to get there.

Stupid mod request II: I want that sailboat that Jack had at the beginning of the movie. I don't know why, but I really like that little thing and I think it would be the ideal starter ship.

When you take an island, you take the island and move into the Governor's mansion. The rooms would be expanded and all of the treasure chests and such would work. Fast Travel time constraints would no longer apply when going there, as it's your house and it spawns guards appropriate to your character. (Pirates for Pirates, Military soldiers for Naval Officer characters, etcetera.) Citizens treat you according to your new standing and the land counts as land acquired for purposes of revenue. Possibly quests involving fighting off the nation that you took the island from or nations/individuals that consider you an enemy. UNLESS, you either decline the island or don't go there often enough, in which case it is retaken or resettled by new military personel or pirates. The world map flag should also reflect the new owner, rather than the original.

A less...neon compass. Maybe something more towards a Pirate or "old map" theme. If a small sextant in the upper corner could work, so much the better.

Hrm...that's all that I can think of for now.

ok, well i have a modification for a mod that isnt even working yet, like something that the people making the mod should add on to it. its an add on for the PA island for POTC, where some people are going to make a new island, and also replace all the old POTC islands with the origional Sea Dogs lookin islands. so here is my add on to it... like i have a good idea i think, hopefully someone replies about my idea. i think that, if you make another bridge, like on this new island, you should somehow fix up the game, modify it in a way that makes the bridge realistic.

more detail about my idea -->i dunno if anyone think this is stupid, but i think it would be cool. you should make it like if you are on a bridge traveling from one part of an island to another, you should make random duels with high ranking and high health weilding officers. and you can like knock pieces of the bridge off with your sword, therefore having the ability to knock the enemy off the bridge, or, (hopefully this wont happen) he can knock you off! and so that you make sure that people use this bridge a lot, on the new island, you should make it as if the dock that you moor at is right by the bridge, and you HAVE to cross in order to get to the town or whatever.

so if you can do this in anyway, and if you like it, please by all means use my idea. this idea will also make it more realistic knowing that you may not be safe on crossing a bridge. personally i think that this idea may take a long time, or not. either way, all those people who make mods are such geniuses that im sure they can work it out somehow cuz i have got nothing but amazing from the mods that i download.

hmm, I like you idea indeed :cheers but the animation of falling off from the bridge is impossible I think, bacause that's an animation on de dll files and we can't make a dll file :yes

yeah thats how i think it should work, yah a better way to make the idea --> you have to hit the guy so many times in order for him to fall off the sides of the bridge

hmmmm you can make yourself jump off a bridge,but to make a enemy jump off a bridge,I'm not sure that can be done cause NPC characters have preset walk files
in otherwords they walk or sit in a certain pattern :cheers

oh damn.....oh well, it was a good idea, too bad it cant be put into play...but still you should make more bridges when the mod for the new island is made and origional islands from Sea Dogs 1. i have always enjoyed just standing on the bridge at (i forget which island it is that has that bridge) and enjoying the view.

yep it would be kool ya get waylayed on the bridge by bandits and fight em off,but the bodies always disappear after ya kill them :cheers

yeah thats true... ooooh!!!! i have another idea...i have always wanted to go out of my cabin on my ship when i clicked on "enter/exit cabin" and be able to wander my ship, maybe talk to a few "regulars" crew members. maybe there can be a mod like that, where you can wander your own ship and talk to your crew and they could tell you stuff like "we need food" and stuff like that, or if your crew moral says "awful" then when you talk to your crew, they will say something like "captain, watch your back" or "you better not go to sleep tonight" hahaha...i think that would be fun, and helpful

that is really a great idea CJS :cheers and i've been thinking, that you can also in the belowerdecks(sededecks) to talk with your crew...and espescially the canon deck you will talk with the cannoniers and where you can talk with...In the ship's cabin there is a door only locked then maybe that you press SPACE that you will you to the belower deck :yes would be awesome...I like the idea to talk with your own crew

That would be impossible as well,crew members are Low resolution DLL file so they are not NPC characters so they cannot have dialog files,great idea though would be nice to talk to your crew :cheers

Back