• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

PoTC: On Stranger Tides

Did I hear "prophecy" in that? That kinda worries me. I don't recall a single good film that had a prophecy as a major plot point.

Lord of the Rings? Not that PotC is much like LotR in any way.
PotC doesn't need prophecies; PotC needs adventure and swashbuckling affairs!

LotR was a rubbish movie trilogy, and I don't recall any prophecy in its plot either (or the book's, for that matter).

The new trailer should be out next week along with the release of TRON. As for that ship picture....ehh....it looks okay.

Despite criticism I love the POTC movies even though I'm a historical/authenticity mavin. Even though there's all kinds of things wrong with the films from that viewpoint, I recognize that this is an art form in many ways trying to capture the flavor and essence of the Howard Pyle offerings combined with old stories and the old hollywood swashbucklers.

Having said that though, I think that ship is just silly and unbelieveably fugly. With that shape and goofy stern aftercastle added, I'll bet she sails like a pregnant sow. I wouldn't want to be on her in a blow.

I realize that we (including small children) need to visually understand who the pirates are.....black, exagerated design features, stupid death figureheads (sailors of that time were so superstitious they would've never signed on a ship with death as the figurehead), but give me a break.

You could take a ship like the Rose say, and just give it black sails and paint scheme. There are lots of great replicas out there now. The Grand Turk that played the Indy in the Hornblower series would've made an awesome Queen Annes Revenge with a black paint scheme http://easternyachts.com/grandturk/

http://www.redbubble.com/explore/grand%20turk

So has Barbossa gone legit like Morgan did historically? Is that the reason for the new duds? I wonder if he's the Captain of the Providence?

MK

POTC trailer

Is it me or does it seem as if the QAR has Greek fire as a weapon? :rolleyes:

Also, twice they show a very young man and woman....I wonder who they are. A younger Jack and Angelica? Hmmm....

You didn't like LOTR?! That is blasphemous! That movie is better than POTC in my opinion.

I found some things that really annoyed me on the potc wiki. It says that the QAR is a 30 gunned galleon while historically it was a forty gunned frigate. Also it says that Blackbeard was 5'9, and after I made edits, some admin changed them back.

http://pirates.wikia.com/wiki/Queen_Anne's_Revenge

http://pirates.wikia.com/wiki/Blackbeard

:modding

It may be true what you say, but keep in mind the PoTC wiki is a wiki for PoTC and not real world ships or people. For example, lets pretend Blackbeard was 5'5 but if in the movie the actor is 5'9, then the wiki will say he is 5'9.

History International is much better than the standered history channel. HC now has unhistoric stuff like ice truckers, pawn stars, Lumber Jack men and a bunch a crap about the world ending next year. History international has all the great documentries about pirates, ships, empires of the world, etc.

When will they make an historicly accurate pirate film.

Who here thinks that they should do a remake of Captain Blood? I think that would be pretty awesome. I think Russell Crowe or maybe even the guy who played Hornblower (forget his name) would be great in that role.

They both already HAVE done seafaring roles; I'd like to see someone else so I'm not like "Hey, that's Hornblower as Peter Blood"! :wacko:

I don't care; anyone who would do a good job. I care more about the director and such. I'd prefer a NOT modernist pirate movie like PotC.
For PotC it's OK (sort-of), but we don't need more of those; I want some more classic pirate movies!

I agree (more classic remakes such as Captain Blood, Mutiny on the Bounty, Caribbean (not as much a pirate movie, but has pirates in it), and Black Swan (not to be confused with The Black Swan)

New POTC Promo trailer, with some new footage and some interviews. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot different from the last 2 films. :facepalm

Back