• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

PoTC: On Stranger Tides

Love the wrong Union Jack that Barbossa uses xD:

It looks interesting though, like it or hate it, we'll all go and watch the movie it at some point :razz

Love the wrong Union Jack that Barbossa uses xD:

It looks interesting though, like it or hate it, we'll all go and watch the movie it at some point :razz

Yup, it's full of historical inaccuracy as usual with these movies. Still it's full of piratey goodness enough to redeem it's warts. It looks great and I can't wait to see it!

I agree on the remake of Captain Blood comments. Erroll Flynn had a certain refinement that fit that role well. I also agree with Pieter about not picking Ioan Gruffudd. He did a great job, but I wouldn't buy him as the doctor. I think you need to pick someone with a more cool/calm refinement. If I had to pick an actor who embodies the refinement, I would select Robert Downey Jr. who can play those qualities well. He did excellent in the latest Sherlock Holmes offering. He did a movie years ago called Restoration where he played King Charles II's doctor during the great London fire/plague of 1666-7. Excellent movie if you haven't seen it.

Also I think Kevin McKidd would be a good choice with more of the tough guy combined with refinement. He played Verenus in HBO's series ROME. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0571727/

MK

Good News: I just learned that they are doing a Captain Blood Remake set for release in 2013 :yes

Bad News: Its set in space :facepalm

Its like taking Star Wars and puting it in an office setting.

"Luke, I am your Boss!"

"Join me, and together we shall rule the office building! Oh, and if you don't, you're fired..." :walkplank

Now imagine a Star Wars influence on PotC films...

- Bootstrap meeting Will on the Dutchman: "Will, I am your father!"
- Beckett, before Jack fires the cannon to make his escape from the Endeavour: "I have a bad feeling about this..."
- Davy Jones, using the Kraken to sink the Pearl: "Unlimited POWER!"

Endless possibilities... :rofl

Disney is really pushing this movie hard, yet another official trailer.

And in case you haven't seen them yet, Disney has also released several banners and posters in the past week or so :

This trailer is much better than the last one. I love the london part, they really put effort in another side of pirate life: Officials hunting them down and trying to use them.

... Perhaps i am being a bit to harsh in my assessment of this movie, there does seem to be the potential for some redeeming qualities in this film!

piratesofthecaribbeanond.jpg

Does anyone know what's become of the Black Pearl? All I've been able to figure out is that Barbossa had a run in with Blackbeard and barely survived (probably why he has a peg leg now). And apparently Blackbeard captured the Pearl.

In the trailer Jack asks, "What has become of my beloved Pearl?"
Barbossa responds, "Taken. Blackbeard. The riggin' had come to life. Our own ship turned against us."

I've looked at every screenshot and trailer and cannot spot the Pearl for the life of me. I hope she's in OST. I'm gonna pissed if the Pearl doesn't at least make an appearance.

:rumgone

Rumour has it that the Queen Anne's Revenge IS the Black Pearl.
They used the same "hull" for the new ship, so I don't expect to see the REAL Pearl in the film, except maybe at the end.

I knew that the Sunset (which played the Pearl in potc2 & 3) was remodeled for potc4 to become the Queen Anne's Revenge. So you think in the movie, Blackbeard captures the Pearl and turns it into the Revenge? Well that sucks. :urgh

I knew that the Sunset (which played the Pearl in potc2 & 3) was remodeled for potc4 to become the Queen Anne's Revenge. So you think in the movie, Blackbeard captures the Pearl and turns it into the Revenge? Well that sucks. :urgh
That's what I gather from the latest trailer. And yes, it does sound pretty stupid. I'm hoping the rest of the movie will still be entertaining though...

Back