• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Preparations for a walkthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Isabella quest finishes? I did everything but the quest still is in the logbook as unfinished. Besides on the russian forum is said the wedding gives bonuses (other then looking at "censored" screen)?

ive finish attack panama quest now ive been to antigua and port royal do i need to wait for a year to kill Morgan? he took all our gold!!! -.-

ye guys anyone w8ed a year? i kinda did all quests that are not bugged xept aztec temple dutchman i just cant get that quest same as caracas ench city... so i got nothign 2 do 4 a year 2 pass fast exept sail and sleep ... any one help with this couse im 4th person 2 ask help on this?

ive finish attack panama quest now ive been to antigua and port royal do i need to wait for a year to kill Morgan? he took all our gold!!! -.-

ye guys anyone w8ed a year? i kinda did all quests that are not bugged xept aztec temple dutchman i just cant get that quest same as caracas ench city... so i got nothign 2 do 4 a year 2 pass fast exept sail and sleep ... any one help with this couse im 4th person 2 ask help on this?

kk i w8ed 4 a year in fact i slept 365 days... and fnAly after ALL those quests in these game 4 what u dont get any reward u Get A giAnt cock after seeing mogan( for f**ks sake u cant even kill him or his secretary) ....in 365days he tells u he bought freedom 4 all the pirates by taking all gold 2 london and that there is no more brotherhood ...

... im speachless in my game the year is 1680.... i spend so much time on this game just 2 figure out how stupid i am 2 waste my time on unfinished buggy sh*t game ... that gives u apsolutly nothing in return 4 ur time wasted... all the items all the gold ships officires titles .... 4 what...

Austin quest detailed walkthrough for noobies.
This quest is not that hard but to be usefull it must be taken very early. You get some money which are priceless in the beginning of the game and you get the best medium weapon. But at lvl 15 the money are already nothing and the weapon is quite common in the treasures. At the same time you can easily receive the quest even at lvl 1 and get killed no matter how many times you reload if you don't know what to do.
So following those steps will allow you to make it relatively quickly. Of course you must know how to fight. The enemies there are rather strong and you will be dead in one hit if you let them strike you.
So the idea behind the quest is there is an organization which lures captains in secluded places, kills and robs them. You must find and kill the leader of the organization. This includes two stages:
Stage one:
1. Two fights with the first two of the killers
2. Talk with the third killer
3. Three fights with the last three killers
The killers are on the streets of Cartagena, Santa Catalina, Panama, Marigo, Saint John and Fort de France. Just walk the streets during daytime and they will talk to you. But they are not the same neither the places where you fight them are the same. Three of the fighters are single and three have bodyguard. The worst fight - almost impossible to be won at low level is in Fort De France. So leave this killer for your third encounter - then you will only talk with him and will miss the hardest fight.
The killers in Cartagena, Marigo and Saint John are single. They can be killed even at lvl 1 (providing you know how to fight). So meet ONLY two of them - on your choice. Then meet the Fort de France guy and talk to him and after then go to meet the last single killer and leave Santa Catalina and Panama for the last fights. You will fight against 2 enemies but there are bottlenecks so you can kill them one by one.
Important:
- you must go to the caves/dungeons BEFORE midnight or the quest will be waived
- after you talk to the 3rd guy do not tell the others you know about their organization or the quest will be waived
BTW - four of the fights are in the caves outside the towns (abandoned mine "cave" for Panama) and Saint John and Fort de France are in real dungeons beneath the towns (the entrances are trapdoors in the grass).

Stage two:
1. Fight with skeletons in a cave
2. Fight with the leader
3. Fight with the skeletons in a cave on the way back.
To fight the leader you must get his whereabouts from the last killer and must embark at San Juan del Norte, go through a cave with skeletons, kill him in a house in the pearl divers village go back through the cave with the skeletons again. Actually the fight with the leader is easy - at least not harder then the fight with the first killer (still you may need to reload couple of times because the leader almost always use pistols and at captain level his pistol make big boom). Much more dangerous are the skeletons. Even if you have fighters with you they probably will be killed (we are talking about the low levels). So the best strategy is to run for your life and exit the cave with as less fight as possible. The other strategy is to bring fighters - cannon fodders and to run away untill the fighters are engaging the skeletons. If you exit the cave quickly you may even save them too.

I've been having some trouble diving a second time. I pay the man, I wait a few days, he says the suit's ready, I get in it, I get to the platform, and... I can't descend. The "locked" icon appears. Is there something I'm not doing?

After i speak with the assassin in Panama for the Austin quest i can't seem to find him anywhere, i'll need directions.

After i speak with the assassin in Panama for the Austin quest i can't seem to find him anywhere, i'll need directions.
If this is the third assasin you meet don't need to do anything more - just talkign and you can move to forth assasin. If it is not the third assasin he is in a cave abandoned mine type. There are more then 1 cave - the needed is where your officers leave you.

i have a problem with the 3rd mission from the dutch general :
Peter Stuyvesant wants you to speak with Edward Mansfield, a Dutch pirate, about the English trade war and British measures against Holland.
Go to La Vega and visit the residence. Mansfield knows nothing, but maybe Morgan does. Go to Port Royale and visit Morgan's residence. He is on Antigua so go there. A dungeon entrance near Morgan's house allows you to enter it in case of a locked door. Morgan asks for a favor so help him.
A certain filibuster named Pierre le Picard needs to be checked so sail to Tortuga and ask the tavernkeeper, the brothel ownerin, the shipwright, the storekeeper and the moneylender about Pierre.
You have learned enough so report to Morgan. He will tell you that Modyford plans to attack Fort Orange. Return to Stuyvesant.

i cant find morgan ..i sneak into port royale and i dont know where to look and i tried everyhouse and found nothing,,then figured it might be a bug or something so went to antigua and couldnt find him too..can anyone help please?

Please help me i'm stucked in this quest. When i was talking to the barkeeper about teaser dan he said he wait me at midnight in his wine cellar on the ship. I founded this wine cellar but i can't enter the wooden gate. is there an other way to enter there?
Or what should i do?

And please write a walkthrough for this quest because its very hard:D

Please help me i'm stucked in this quest. When i was talking to the barkeeper about teaser dan he said he wait me at midnight in his wine cellar on the ship. I founded this wine cellar but i can't enter the wooden gate. is there an other way to enter there?
Or what should i do?

You just enter the "wine cellar" and wait. Several seconds after the clock ticks 00.00 the barkeeper appears.

Or what should i do?

You just enter the "wine cellar" and wait. Several seconds after the clock ticks 00.00 the barkeeper appears.

But i cant enter there this is the problem:(

okay now i can entered the winecellar and talked to the inkeeper, then he sent me andre labore the carpenter to meet in the protector, he came with a soldier and atacked me, i've killed the both, now i can't know what's next.
Can you help me?who shuld i talk? or what?

Just a warning, when doing the pirate quest finding steve linney, when you steal the logbook don't delay onland at all, damn thing gives you two weeks, but if you spend even 1 @#$#@ hour on land after getting the book it fails the mission.
Well as soon as I got the logbook(1st of may 00:15am)headed back on board by 00:20am-opened world map-crew demanded salary-paid them dogs-00:35am-logbook updated-I spent too much time blah blah....arrived to san martin by the 10th of may-ship nowhere-mission failed-fair play...

okay now i can entered the winecellar and talked to the inkeeper, then he sent me andre labore the carpenter to meet in the protector, he came with a soldier and atacked me, i've killed the both, now i can't know what's next.
Can you help me?who shuld i talk? or what?

Barkeeper.

Let me start with Thanks alot for all of your time and clear thoughts!!, Edie

Breaking the Rock

Head to Santiago, not Havana.
The Inquisition is below the chuch in Santiago. There is an enterance to an underground dungeon behind the stairs leading up to the church's terrace.
-Save here, do not overwrite this save in case Rock dies, Rock's death breaks the quest line-

This is were I've gotten off track, the dude dies everytime i talk to him, hehe, no not my breath. The general-gov is in Port de France after the Kings warship quest for me, why I don't know. My quest log states I don't know where the rock is. Have i missed some step on knowing where to find him, ie rock?

Talk to Rock the Brazilian first, then slay the guards; absolutely not the opposite or Rock dies instantly - breaking the quest line. Kill all the guards and Inquisition (guys in white robes), leave no witnesses.
Talk to Rock again and make a break for the ship.
Sail to Tortuga and turn it in.
Praise from D'Ogeron and Rock tells you he has nothing on his person of value, but there's an item of value under Martinique, Fort de France. The Dungeon is located next to the store in Fort de France. I personally found nothing of real value to me, the exception may be the one chest locked behind cell doors I could not get to.

thanks, "ouch" :dance

You can recieve the reward for completing the quest Bluebird and keeping the ship, i just completed that quest and placed the Bluebird in port control with no crew just an officer and some food, i then visited the store owner and informed him of the Bluebird no longer been a threat to which i was asked if i wanted my reward, i said yes and left the store after telling the merchant who was behind it all and to my suprise i had indeed been given 50,000 piasters, so i own the Bluebird and was given my reward for well capturing her, so before you try to claim your reward place the ship in port control, the game must only scan which ships are with you and not all the ships you own in ports around the Carribean.

You can recieve the reward for completing the quest Bluebird and keeping the ship, i just completed that quest and placed the Bluebird in port control with no crew just an officer and some food, i then visited the store owner and informed him of the Bluebird no longer been a threat to which i was asked if i wanted my reward, i said yes and left the store after telling the merchant who was behind it all and to my suprise i had indeed been given 50,000 piasters, so i own the Bluebird and was given my reward for well capturing her, so before you try to claim your reward place the ship in port control, the game must only scan which ships are with you and not all the ships you own in ports around the Carribean.

If you really need those 50k then yes; but I suspect for most players 50k will be not that much. So for addtional fun you can simply keep the ship and start boarding/sinking merchants ships. You may proceed as long as you need but fter 5 ships you can go there and get 200k wich will really finish the quest. The drawback is if you go there before those 5 ships but after you sunk/boarded at least 1 ship the tarder will become angry to you and you will not be able to deliver shipments to him (but you can trade as usual) so you must be carefull not to accept shipments for this town.

BlueBird quest (keeping it)

Finding rumor `bout 'local merchant blah blah blah':
check each friendly (patent, or nation if you don't have patent) town except panama. if you don't get a rumor in town from first stranger, you won't get it in this city (at this stage)
once you hear the rumor, next city chosen with same rules (one city can't be chosen twice in row),
btw, rumor can apper in fort orange - just return to your ship, no difference from a city with port.
and you should get to sea in 10min max.
if you can't see target merchant in 'sail to' list - try sailng to nearby shores/ships/lighthouses, it can be seen from there

Attacking merchant without standing loss:
sail to him, raise Jolly Roger, get to world map and immediatly return to sea via 'space' - merchant should be nearby and aware of your new flag.
note: it can be impossible to get to map if fort/regular ships are nearby, in that case manually sail away(up to mile or so)/to merchant - he could start sailing to its destination and therefore leave fort area, or sail to nearby shore change flag, exit to map/back and then manually sail to merchant (in most cases it would attack you / flee from you, so you'll be able to lure him from fort's defence zone)
nb: immediately means that you should spam 'space' during map loading, as even 1 second on map would mean that merchant got away (saving prior to this is a must)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back