• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Preparations for a walkthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't know if it's been mentioned yet or not,but in peter bloods story
if you ask the smuggler for weapons instead of the smith he gives you 3k too
though not sure if you can do the day 2 side quests or not afterwards
cause with the 3 k i managed to have enough for the "sloop"
and i never can find a bum to give my frigate to,and the cheapest I've found to dry drock
it is 42k.costs a 100k at fort de France.

Has anyone found the cursed town of Des Moines south of Maricaibo?

Starts with town trying to burn man acused of being a warewolf in the tavern at Caracas. Unsuccessful in stopping it or get the priest involved. You get the clue that the curse comes from Maracaibo. Couldn't find any clues in city, but noticed wreck at the south of the inlet.

Sail to wreck on map. Anchor. Go ashore. You will not have any officers with you. Two men with axes will tell you to leave. Fight and kill them. I thought they were guarding treasure on the ship - nothing there or on beach to speak of. Follow path through cliffs. Run into little shanty town of houses and shacks but no stores. Everyone tells you not to stay long cause they don't like visitors. Talked to leader that said they didn't need anything and to leave.

I left and waited till after midnight. Thought it was fishy like they were hiding something (maybe gold mine or something???) Went back after midnight and they are all skeletons. They dont try to kill you and take you to the leader that tells the sad story of how they came to be that way. Leader looks badass.

Leader threatens make you stay now that you know the secret. The key is to find the Brig Queen that has pirates that are cursed as well. Said they had visitor - English woman Elizabeth Shaw that knows about pirate brig and to seek in Maracaibo. He lets you go when you agree to try to help break curese by finding Elizabeth and the brig Queen. Thats all the further I've got. Cant find woman or brig Queen. Anyone get any further? :shrug

V/R AS

I stand corrected the woman is Elizabeth Sheppard not Shaw...sorry. V/R AS

I`m at the same place as you in this quest,and as far as i can tell ole lizzy`s in charlestown which i think is on nevis,but you need to take her the jade skull from tenoch quest to enable you to confront her dead sister and lift the curse.sis is on the brig `queen`which you`ll find as a random encounter at sea.
I`m trying to finish tenoch quest now to get the skull.If you haven`t beaten me to it i`ll repost when i`ve finished.
Hope this was helpfull.

I remember when i first started my game, the first stall i visited had a blue skull for sale, it was something like 18,000 piasters or there abouts, i remember thinking if you can buy something that costs so much so early in the game why can't you every come across it when looting a ship. The blue skull had some discription as, the holder of all 4 or 5 will have huge advantages from its power os something like that, i think it boosts your leadership and other key skills all personal though not sure never had any of them.

I've just finished the English questline so now Spain is no longer at war with England and i can do as i see fit as long as its for England, i can't capture towns though, i tried to take a town owned by Holland. I went through the jungle to the town, do you have to attack the fort and do it that way to capture a town or can you miss the fort out and do it the easy way as you can when looting the town?

I have the skull. Didn't get it from the quest. When I started this game I ran into a stand on Basse Terre that actually had all the skulls and a bunch of totems for sale like Luke 159 was describing. I had made a little cash from a couple cargo runs on me and decided to go to the bank and take a loan. I could only scape enough together to get one skull and one totem. Glad I did, because when you leave and come back to the island, she doesn't have any of that stuff anymore. It's like a one time deal and that sucks cause at the beginning of the game your cash is very limitted.

Anyway, I have the skull...yeay! :dance So I'm a headin to Charleston. Getting in could be problematic for me. English have a 42,000 bounty out for me. Bounty hunters friggin everywhere. I LOVE THIS GAME! YARRRR!

V/R AS

Aye, Elizabeth be at Charlestown, but how's a mortal would e'er figger dat out on his own, Fred Bob cain't be a tellin' ye! :facepalm Read it from a Russki post earlier in dis 'ere thread! :shrug Guess 'cause she be English, ye'd prolly go search ALL de English townes! :rolleyes: Be on de look out fer a magenta-colored ship an' dat'll be yer quest ship Queen! :onya

I have the skull. Didn't get it from the quest. When I started this game I ran into a stand on Basse Terre that actually had all the skulls and a bunch of totems for sale like Luke 159 was describing. I had made a little cash from a couple cargo runs on me and decided to go to the bank and take a loan. I could only scape enough together to get one skull and one totem. Glad I did, because when you leave and come back to the island, she doesn't have any of that stuff anymore. It's like a one time deal and that sucks cause at the beginning of the game your cash is very limitted.

Anyway, I have the skull...yeay! :dance So I'm a headin to Charleston. Getting in could be problematic for me. English have a 42,000 bounty out for me. Bounty hunters friggin everywhere. I LOVE THIS GAME! YARRRR!

V/R AS

r u sure you've got the right skull? I think you're talking about the 'blue crystal skull' which is not the the same as the jade skull from Tenochtitlan quest. For the Ghost town quest (?) you need the jade skull to proceed. BTW crystal skulls can be found in random treasure (2nd level treasure which you can get trough map fragments found in treasure chests).

Aye, Elizabeth be at Charlestown, but how's a mortal would e'er figger dat out on his own, Fred Bob cain't be a tellin' ye! :facepalm Read it from a Russki post earlier in dis 'ere thread! :shrug Guess 'cause she be English, ye'd prolly go search ALL de English townes! :rolleyes: Be on de look out fer a magenta-colored ship an' dat'll be yer quest ship Queen! :onya

Aye Fred Bob, did you find the Queen on world map? I can't believe it! I was looking out for her for several in-game years! Eventually I bumped into her on the tactical map in some bay I made landfall. But I never saw her on the world map :(

Anyway, the Queen is a nice addition to my fleet :)

Aye, bumped into de Queen on de Werld Map, matey, not long after talkin' wid Elizabeth! :yes Yep, she's been left wid de Port Controller in some towne, cain't 'member which one at de moment! :facepalm

Yer right Matey, Damn! :modding Yes I have the blue crystal skull not the jade. No matter anyway cause I cant find Elizabeth or the Queen and the Flyin Dutchman is chasing me. This causes me to ask how the game treats things when you're playing multiple quests simultaneously. Seems like things stay much neater when you don't get sidetracked. I"m afraid the game sometimes forgets where I left off on one when I get distracted by another. :shrug

V/R AS

Yer right Matey, Damn! :modding Yes I have the blue crystal skull not the jade. No matter anyway cause I cant find Elizabeth or the Queen and the Flyin Dutchman is chasing me. This causes me to ask how the game treats things when you're playing multiple quests simultaneously. Seems like things stay much neater when you don't get sidetracked. I"m afraid the game sometimes forgets where I left off on one when I get distracted by another. :shrug

V/R AS

Ah, so like you i wasted my money. Oh well i lost that save anyway after editing files and what not, so thats ok at least i know not to make that mistake again. As for the Flying Dutchmen, i pitty you xD:.

There really should be links in the first post of this topic to each of the different walkthroughs for the quests...

If someone is able to get the link to each of the posts (by clicking the number on the top right of the post) and sending the links PLUS quest it goes to, to me via PM I will update the first post with them ;)

Thats not a bad idea but perhaps it might be easier to make a topic with each of the quests been on one page rather than on the same page which would then allow you to click on say Kill The Beggers and be taken to the post that has that actual quest and not have to scroll down to find it. I have already done this on a forum that i created for quick and easy reference.

That is what I meant just the link (hence why I want the links ;))

But I need the quest title with the link as well ;)

You mean like this http://gamerslounge.myfunforum.org/about25.html

That is one of my old forums i created just to make references to things of interest but i never used it till i started playing COAS lol. For example i have made a topic that links to each class of ship which are in seperate topics which have 2 images per ship of each ship in there respected classes, i was going to move them here once completed, i still have several ships to do in the high clsasses before its finished but as soon as its finished i will make a topic for each of the classes like here http://gamerslounge.myfunforum.org/sutra53.php#53

I did all that for the same reasons you want except i did it on my own forum, the problem i had was having to copy the quests rather than link to them which is how i wanted to do it, that way i could have moved that topic here aswell since all references to those quests would be here and not on that forum of mine. I could do it if you like but that would mean making new topics for each quest on here with the end resault been the same as what i have done on my forum, would you like that to be done here?

Nah like on page one of THIS thread I will have the list of quests (as in quest names) and these will all be links.
Each link will lead to the walkthrough in the thread that is for that quest... I will do an example in a minute

EG. Peter Blood - The Beginning

So there will be a whole list of these links in the opening post which allows the player to read them ALL ON THIS THREAD, all the work is done except adding the links to the opening post

Ok, i think i know what you mean but i will wait for your example. But in short you would rather there be one topic with each of the quests walkthroughs in it with page 1 or post 1 i should say linking to each of those tosts within that topic.

Just a warning, when doing the pirate quest finding steve linney, when you steal the logbook don't delay onland at all, damn thing gives you two weeks, but if you spend even 1 @#$#@ hour on land after getting the book it fails the mission.

I appreciated your warning, Axet, and immediatly, despite the inevitable contrary wind, sailed across the sea to meet the Spaniard. Somewhat surprisingly though, I found I had plenty of time to stop in Marigot to top up before heading south. Maybe your winds were even worse, or my corvette (oddly enough ;) ) was just fast. Anyway, got there, found the battleship, and after "only" three retries, lived long enough to board and take his ship. An odd post script, though- all those hundreds and hundreds of jewels, etc. I couldn't carry off personally just disappeared once I left the cabin... well, I hope the prize crew enjoyed themselves! :cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back