• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Preparations for a walkthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sordid: That's a word!
@Cap'n Drow: Would you like to make a .pdf if we get a walkthrough together?

What should we do? A big walkthrough with beginner's guide or only the missions?
Who else wants to help? My English skills are not perfect and I would be really glad if someone with good skills could improve the text so readers enjoy it.

Arr!

Beginner guide would be helpfull, as there isnt any tutorial in-game :mm

For me it was hard ( Arr! Did ay 'eally told that? *hic* ) to discover how it works.

I'll be glad ( And mayby buy U a bottle of Rum *hic* ) for it.

:cheers Arr Arr! :cheers

dunno if it`s my game , but ! for kill the beggars quest, the diplomat on martinique and bermuda will not tell me where is the west indian guy is.....can`t find the right dialog???

Peter Stuyvesant wants you to collect 4 Manowars, as the Dutch have problems building large vessels. Find 4 of those ships and hand them over to Stuyvesant.
Be careful: if you own a private Manowar, he will take them as well.

Regarding the above, from the the Dutch GG quest, I need some clarification. I captured a Spanish battleship, brought it back to the Gov., but it wasn't accepted. Questions: Are we looking specifically for a class 1 ship called a man-o-war (ie: NOT a class 1 battleship)? Or do I have to get four, and then bring them to the GG all at the same time?

I believe you are searching for 4 actual MOW's (picture bellow)

I have only ever seen 1 MOW for sale and i have only ever seen a few in a Spanish fleet, most of the time i see ships like Line Ships, Battleships etc so i would expect those MOW's to be very hard to find. If you can't buy them, try attacking Spanish military fleets (save before attacking them to be on the safe side) if there are any MOW's in the fleet i say good luck trying to capture them, not a quest i look forward to at all.

Capture 4 MOW's = 90% increase of death trying to catch just one of these if the only way of capturing them is attacking military fleets. :facepalm

I have only ever seen 1 MOW for sale and i have only ever seen a few in a Spanish fleet, most of the time i see ships like Line Ships, Battleships etc so i would expect those MOW's to be very hard to find. If you can't buy them, try attacking Spanish military fleets (save before attacking them to be on the safe side) if there are any MOW's in the fleet i say good luck trying to capture them, not a quest i look forward to at all.

Capture 4 MOW's = 90% increase of death trying to catch just one of these if the only way of capturing them is attacking military fleets. :facepalm

Thanks, Luke--- It looks like this one is gonna hurt. And here I was, master of all I see, in my measley little battleship... :b: How many guns on that three decker??

Thanks, Luke--- It looks like this one is gonna hurt. And here I was, master of all I see, in my measley little battleship... :b: How many guns on that three decker??

Yes this does have a fair few more guns than the Battleship, the Man Of War has 102 guns in total. And you have to capture 5 of these beasts, damn you need all the luck in the world hopefully you don't come across more than one in each fleet because as a group they can clear the masts of a ship very quickly. My tip is upgrade the Battleship so she faster, stronger can carry higher calibure cannons and stock up on ammo you might need it.

Sort of a "funny" coincidence, Luke: As you know I need 4 of these behemoths for the Dutch GG (somehow!). On the other hand, as part of Askold's quest guess what I pop into near Belize, but around 10 of them all together! I've managed to "trade" my battleship for one, and luckily got away. Only four more to go! o boy whoopie i'm gonna die

I've looked through all 12 pages of our walkthrough (good stuff here worth reading) but I can't find anything here on the Flying Dutchman quest. I've been sunk twice, got the metal hand and was visited by the metal skeleton in my upstairs tavern room on Willemstad (I have a 32 inch plasma monitor, it's late, its dark, thought I was just getting a nights sleep cause of my poor health and that thing suddenly shows up and scares the crap out of me :shock ). What now??? I've saved, but he just sunk me again for a third time and I still can't board him.

V/R AS

Attachments

• Screenshot-08Nov2009-003321.jpg
    Screenshot-08Nov2009-003321.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 169
  • Screenshot-07Nov2009-134626.jpg
    Screenshot-07Nov2009-134626.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 158
  • Screenshot-08Nov2009-011756.jpg
    Screenshot-08Nov2009-011756.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 166
I've looked through all 12 pages of our walkthrough (good stuff here worth reading) but I can't find anything here on the Flying Dutchman quest. I've been sunk twice, got the metal hand and was visited by the metal skeleton in my upstairs tavern room on Willemstad (I have a 32 inch plasma monitor, it's late, its dark, thought I was just getting a nights sleep cause of my poor health and that thing suddenly shows up and scares the crap out of me :shock ). What now??? I've saved, but he just sunk me again for a third time and I still can't board him.

V/R AS

Here you go MK.

1. drink in tavern, ask for tavern storys..

2. after few times, ull get a mesage, that it was in the port

3. go for it.....and ull get sunk, u lose everything and officers, so buy them tartans and give Trinkets to your offic. Leave tartans/luggers with offic in port control (ucan save only 3, i think...so plan this well)

4. After your "miracle" survival, u r on random island without money and ship, so go to neatest town and work, steal, etc to make some money and buy ship. go collect ur crew.

5. go to Amatice shore and way through jungle, past inca temple, to pearl coast settlement (i think u ll have to have spanish patent, or villagers will runaway), and talk with White Boy

6.go and collect 666 cursed pearls (have to ask governors of any nation to work for them, hopping ull get a mission to defend a town from skeletons)\

7. go to White Boy....

8.Go to tavern and drink until u get aright answer

9.go to sea, and try to capture it...U'll need a LARGE and STRONG ship and min 400-500 sea dogs soliders for it

How long does it take to find the 666 cursed pearls? How many do you get average for each mission? Any best places to go to get maximum yield of cursed pearls? I want the Dutchman dead, I want his family dead, I want his dog dead... :woot
I was disappointed that the Terminator didn't give me any advice on how to kill the Dutchman. His dialogue explaining that the crew of the Dutchman were all terminators that had been misplaced through a temporal rift was just goofy! :shrug Crazy Russian storyline writers. I hope no alien spaceships or alien crystal skulls are being planned for POTC storylines. :facepalm

V/R AS

How long does it take to find the 666 cursed pearls? How many do you get average for each mission? Any best places to go to get maximum yield of cursed pearls? I want the Dutchman dead, I want his family dead, I want his dog dead... :woot
I was disappointed that the Terminator didn't give me any advice on how to kill the Dutchman. His dialogue explaining that the crew of the Dutchman were all terminators that had been misplaced through a temporal rift was just goofy! :shrug Crazy Russian storyline writers. I hope no alien spaceships or alien crystal skulls are being planned for POTC storylines. :facepalm

V/R AS

I can't help you with your questions, never have done that mission i have a few questions myself. I do know you have to keep hold of all 666 pearls since you can't carry them all at the sametime which is strange since you can keep picking them up. I'm sure you have to hand all 666 pearls over together which is why i say you shouldn't put any in a chest. Keep diving till you have all the pearls i guess. Not sure if the small/large pearls you can find and buy are the same kind of pearls you collect when searching the bottom of the occean?

1. Do you see sharks?
2. If Answer to question 1 is yes, do the sharks attack you or come in close to you?
Is there anything else that attacks you when under water?
Are the pearls you can buy from the merchants the same pearls you need for the quest?

Thanks Luke, All your comments are very helpful! :onya I'm becoming curious as to whether or not anyone has actually completed this quest. Although I've heard folks talk about capturing the FD and putting away in a port, so certainly someone has. I'm going to focus on this quest now. When (IF) I finish I will compile everyone's comments together for the walkthrough thread in appropriate detail.

V/R AS

V/R AS

I can't help you with your questions, never have done that mission i have a few questions myself. I do know you have to keep hold of all 666 pearls since you can't carry them all at the sametime which is strange since you can keep picking them up. I'm sure you have to hand all 666 pearls over together which is why i say you shouldn't put any in a chest. Keep diving till you have all the pearls i guess. Not sure if the small/large pearls you can find and buy are the same kind of pearls you collect when searching the bottom of the occean?

1. Do you see sharks?
2. If Answer to question 1 is yes, do the sharks attack you or come in close to you?
Is there anything else that attacks you when under water?
Are the pearls you can buy from the merchants the same pearls you need for the quest?

OK, I'm stuck. I found White Boy. BTW difficult because when you get to the area before the village theres a man running from you to try to get to the village first. If he beats you he sounds the alarm and no one is there. When he catches up when you when the race he will say (paraphrased): "I knew I should've killed you", draw his sword and half the villagers will draw on you and fight. I let my officers kill everyone. If you fight yourself Spain will become hostile to you. Once the fight is over, the remaining villagers will not talk to you. Leave the village and come back and then they will.

White Boy, a half breed pearl diver has been collecting the cursed pearls for years and needs 666 more to lift the curse to make the crew of the Dutchman mortal. He explains some of the history from 40 years prior (which doesn't match up with the Terminator). The other villagers tell me that there are indians that may help me in my search for pearls. When I go to the Inca temple, no one is there and it's locked. I can't find any indian villages or indians. The logbook says I need to collect cursed pearls from sailors as they come to shore. What does that mean? :modding

Anybody got any ideas about where I need to go or do next? :shrug Thanks

V/R AS

To collect cursed pearls you need between 10th and 20th of the month to go to any governor (besides Panama) and to talk with him. He will say the town is under attack and will send you to help. Get out and run to the port. Skeletons will attack and you will have to kill them together with the city guards. You collect those pearls as you kill the skelettons (no need to loot the bones). After the fight return to the governor to collect the payment for the fight too.
You can do it only once per month per town so you will need 2-3 months to collect all the 666 black pearls.

Thanks Handel!!! :onya Very helpful. I started taking Governor quests, but havent got that yet. Excellent! :will V/R AS

To collect cursed pearls you need between 10th and 20th of the month to go to any governor (besides Panama) and to talk with him. He will say the town is under attack and will send you to help. Get out and run to the port. Skeletons will attack and you will have to kill them together with the city guards. You collect those pearls as you kill the skelettons (no need to loot the bones). After the fight return to the governor to collect the payment for the fight too.
You can do it only once per month per town so you will need 2-3 months to collect all the 666 black pearls.

one of us has been visited by scheletons, i have been teleported from a store in the inca temple of sacrifice and the dead god asked me 750 000 gold because i have someone who belongs to him (or something like that). anyone know wtf is that???? i payed , cuz there was no other option and i`ve been teleported back in the store .....

one of us has been visited by scheletons, i have been teleported from a store in the inca temple of sacrifice and the dead god asked me 750 000 gold because i have someone who belongs to him (or something like that). anyone know wtf is that???? i payed , cuz there was no other option and i`ve been teleported back in the store .....

You took 150,000 gold loan from the moneylender in the COAS, right?

Hey everbody,

I have a question redarding Ascold quest.

Trader ask my to found mummy powder. I found it and bring it to him.
He say give it to Ascold.
Ascold give 30 k money and ask me to search three indian items.
Where can I find this items? I try it by the street traders but without sucess.

Thank in advance for your help.

<!--quoteo(post=330427:date=Jun 18 2009, 04:55 PM:name=Bismarck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bismarck @ Jun 18 2009, 04:55 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=330427"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><b>The location of some gifts:</b>

This quest consists of 6 questions about nautical details asked by a random citizen in Bridgetown, Willemstad, Port-au-Prince, Cumana, Port Royal and Santiago.
A man or a woman will ask you a question which has to be answered by typing the solution into the dialogue box. If the answer is correct, you will get the position of an item. If not, you're a normal person that doesn't know a thing about topgallant masts and gaffs like myself.
The answers can be found in:
Age of Pirates 2/Program/Text/characters/LSC_Q2Utilite.h<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I have answered all 6 of the questions they ask and retrieved all 6 of the gifts from the locations, yet the quest still apears in my log. Is it possible there are more than 6 question?
yes this can continue. i recently was asked another question, #7 that is, and after giving correct answer i was given a 40 day spanish trading permit (my character is french)
i think i was asked this question in either havana or santiago, pretty sure i was in cuba.

still the quest does not remove from the list and i have found all items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back