• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Problem Installing Beta 2.1 Full Patch

ReymonG

Landlubber
Hello, first of all, sorry for my english xD I will do my best to explain my problem.

I have read the topic ahead that talks about Help installing the mod but i didn't find my problem there, and I have searched in every topic I found to try to solve this but I didn't find it.

My problem is when i try to install the Mod Beta 2.1 Full over my PoTC original game (without the Build 13) it says that it can't Open the files to rewrite or whatever it has to do with it :/ even with "run as administrator"

In my very little knowledge of this matter I thought that the Build overwrite the games files to work, so I installed the patch in a new Folder, and then move everything into the game folder, clicking Yes to overwrite any file, with this the game started well, but in a little time of playing, I had two problems. First, when I saved a game to try if it works, but when I load it, it shows as a black screen in the game (but I can go to the Character Info and the game menu by pressing F1 and F2), and in second place, I can't go to sea :(, when i tried, I only see the sky, and where I suppose to see my ship or sea or City, is like a black screen, so I think that the thing I have done is not working well, something is missing or not loading :facepalm

That's all for now, I hope you can understand me xD

PS: I had the Build 13 working perfect, the first time I tried to install build 14 happend the same I told you before, so I reinstalled the game without the build 13 thinking that these could be the problem :/, with no luck, the game is NOT installed in Program Files (I have W7)

PS2: Anyway, working or not, I have to say to everybody who has work in this project, that you are awesome :woot :woot :woot you are turning a good naval game into one of the bests game I have ever played :woot :cheers

Thanks for your patience xD

:gday mate!

You do have an unusual problem. Build 14 Beta 2.1 is a self installer and it should install itself. I have more security stuff turned on than most and it installs perfectly for me. Possibly you got a bad download and the huge files got corrupted, or else something is blocking the self installer.

About the bad save: Do you have a "save" folder? That might not have been created.

When going to sea, try tapping the "tab" button several times. There is a new free floating camera view now. You might be seeing that.

Hello mate! thanks for your response :onya

I will download again the patch, in 5 hours i'll tell you what happens xD

if anybody has another solution i will lovely accept it to... :keith

Edit: the file posted in this forum never finish the download :( is broken the last part...

Edit 2: Well, I have the same problem while trying to install the Build 13, so the problem is my PC or my OS... any ideas?

Ahh, he has returned, so by-the-by an idea: get the download from another 'puter and write it onto a disc then.

Edit-I: Intel graphics won't do bugger-all. Ahya, extract into stock-folder what mustn't be Program Files, best not on the Windows partition. Whahh :whipa

Hello again, I have re-downloaded the patch, re-installed the game and is still not workin :(

Even with the DEP allowing it, it says that the setup can't open and rewrite the game's files... The game is not installed in program files,

This is strange, because Build 13 has the same problem :(

And I don't have Intel graphics, is an Ati Radeon HD 4200

Are you the Administrator? This is strange.

Try this: Right click on your POTC folder, then click on properties, then security. In group or usernames, it should say "everyone". then below that everything on that list should be allowed.

Yes, I'm the administrator and even changing the security in every user, is still not working xD

But yesterday I did something that I think it works (at least the game works, can go to Sea, start every story, etc)

I installed the patch in a different folder, moved manually everything into the game folder, overwritting every file, and at last, started RunMe.bat....

I don't know that this will work very well... I hope so, but for now, is working... :shrug , except that sometimes I can't press Resume Game when I press F1, and the game tilts there -.-

Thanks everybody for your answers! :will If i have another problem, you will be seeing me again xD

Hello, I could explain how to install the beta 2.1 build 14 so is that I am a rookie and do not know how to install it, just know that when installed in the original game appears a folder called program_new and is not replaced by program and the same goes for Init . Because it appears the original game but with the same interface and I can select only nathaniel hawks, please I need help because I want to play this way since it came out. Sorry for my English is that I'm from Spain. Greetings.

ya hullol: last week the 2.2-verzy hit the charts!-) and surprizee, it's all explained there in the first lil window. What you then close by accepting the terms. Apropos, i am more than stunned that so many gamers just install it into the c-partition. Ey, this OP-System seems to be the only intelligent institution left on da planet and has it hard as it is. You understand? okay, that would make it a quartet then. Every plonker program tries to sort of take it over, so better leave it there in the beginning of the disc to compute what it can. One example maybe? get iTunes (with some 1ooMB) and you won't recognize a thing anymore! Those stupids all do what they ain't be doing. Open all files with an apple player? music with a video applet? it never asks you! All other surplus programs having an automatic update feature running in the background? ya claro.

Normally can Windows achieve all on it own with simply onboard means (alright, Win eXPeriment goes sometimes through the roof. Looking for a bright skywalker) A few extra gadgets go onto another partition, heavy games on the next following C:\Windows, the fastest bitses. Now try again. Or must i draw some pictures with MS-Paint?-) good looks, mwuhaha. La'ers

Note: Clearing all auto-starts via knob-trick [win + R] -> type "msconfig" -> OK -> go to register Systemstart and tick off almost everything. Ya, that simple. And most normal i'd say. Maybe sound-card and other periphery settings can run. Hasta de copy and pasta.

Hello, I could explain how to install the beta 2.1 build 14 so is that I am a rookie and do not know how to install it, just know that when installed in the original game appears a folder called program_new and is not replaced by program and the same goes for Init . Because it appears the original game but with the same interface and I can select only nathaniel hawks, please I need help because I want to play this way since it came out. Sorry for my English is that I'm from Spain. Greetings.

When you install Beta 2.1 - at the end of the installation the installer should ask if you want to run the Runme file.

You must do this :yes

Runme - moves all the new files from the folders like program_new into the proper place and them removes the program_new folder.

Do not worry if you get lots of - "File not found " messages when running Runme. They are not a problem.

Once you have run Runme - all the new files should be in the right place and the game should work.

If your installed game still has a program_new folder - look in your Pirates of the Caribbean folder - find the Runme file and run it. Once it has finished it should delete itself.

If there is no Runme file in the Pirates of the Caribbean folder and you still have a folder called program_new - then the safest thing to do is to delete the installation and start again.

:cheers

Talisman thank you very much, your information I have been helpful to you agradezco_Otra question: How to keep the crew's morale high?
Well First Keep food and Rum stocked, these are neccissities that your crew needs to stay alive . Without food and rum your crew will mutinine and take most of your money. Also Dont keep to much money in your pocket like say 2.600.789 Pieces of eight, your crew will get jealous and morale will plummet Its better to store most of your money into a chest and keep say 456.567 Pieces of eight with you and only Take out that money ( out of the chest) if you seriously need it. BY keeping a good but not too much amount of money with you Morale wont plummet. But with doubled rum You risk your crew getting into drunken brawls in which case morales also plummets. This is all I know Hope it helps...Buck

Talisman thank you very much, your information I have been helpful to you agradezco_Otra question: How to keep the crew's morale high?
double the rum never run out of food, give them money, completely disable rum and food (for me it was just a nosiness), divide the plunder and such a things,
u can also read the faqs or ask in gameplay and tips because that's the right place for such a questions i think,

Hi I have a problem. When aboard any boat and killed the crew I can not go to the cellar, covered etc and this happens to me since I boarded a boat. I could help.

6. I can't continue to the next boarding deck :modding
If your game is running in windowed mode, minimize it (else close it). Go to PROGRAM/console.c and find this section of code:

void ExecuteConsole()​
{​
ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();​
if (!bSeaActive) ref lcn = &Locations[FindLocation(pchar.location)];​
ref ch;​
int i;​
int limit;​

Add this line under it and save:
LAi_EnableReload();
Now hit F12 whenever you get stuck and it SHOULD allow you to continue.

copy and pasted from the good faqs that is written with good people i hope it can help
i suggest u read the faqs once it may solve some of your problem
best of luck to u :)

Thank you all for your help, indeed. How I can find Barbossa when you get to the island Martinique?

If you are playing the Brock - Brinckley story and are going to Martinique with Annamaria - then Barbossa should be on Octopus Bay beach - he is at the far end iof the beach - you can just see him as a tiny blob in the distance when you go ashore.

If you are looking for Barbossa after you have met Davy Jones & got the Black Pearl - then Barbossa is in Tortuga Tavern ( not Martinique which is an old error {bug} in the dialogue / questbook ). So sail to Tortuga and find him there.

:doff

Yes but I mean the person that tells you where this Barbossa What is your name? Where is it? etc.

It you are doing Brock-Brinckley - then it is Annamaria, when you talk to her on the beach at the Lighthouse on Barbados.

If you look for him after talking to Davy Jones - then Davy Jones & the questbook entry will have told you where Barbossa is.

:rumgone

Back