• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Questions about Model Ids

Walter Kennedy

Bandit Of Barbados
Storm Modder
Hello all I was wondering what are the names of the model ids for Thomas Cocklyn, John Gow, Benjamn Hornigold, Francis Spriggs, Chrsitopher winter and George Lowther? I wanna change the Nathaniel Hawk model to another one since I did it with the Woodes_Roger model and it was a success, by the way Woodes Rogers looks really cool when you play with his model :D , I wanna see if I can exchange the Woodes_Roger model for one of the pirate's model, though since I could not find their model ids I cannot. any help would be much apreciated.

I think the models are:-

Thomas Cocklyn, -- pir_cap6
John Gow -- pir_cap11
Benjamn Hornigold -- bb_Hornigold
Francis Spriggs -- pir_cap24
Chrsitopher winter -- pir_cap21
George Lowther -- pir_cap17

The model ids can be found in the TempQuest file in the PROGRAM \ Storyline \ WoodesRogers \ Characters \ init folder.

:cheers

Okay real problem, I deleted my old save so I can use the model but I keep getting a CTD whenever I click New Game. I do know this also happened when I had my old save with my Woodes Roger model, is there anything I have to do in order to make this work? I dont know why this is happening it was a success when I first did the Woodes Roger model and I clicked new game and I imeidatly clicked New Horizons and everything worked fine. Any Suggestions? For the model I want to use now is Charles Vane so for start model in the storyline file I put Charle's model pir_cap1 and in Characters_ Init for the Ch. id I put pir_cap1 and next to makeref(ch,Characters[0]); // I put for the name Charles Vane. To wrap things up is there anything that can be done so I can use this model and others and click new game without a ctd? Any help would be much apreciated.

Attachments

• characters_init.c
    13.6 KB · Views: 62
  • standard.c
    1.9 KB · Views: 61
I do not mean to double post but I have tried using Benjamin Hornigold's model but alas I cannot play, I have set all options to default changed the interface but still I cannot play. Yet I still want to use a different model without a CTD every time I click new game any help would be much apreciated.
Edit: I restored the files to their original info, and I still get CTD when I click new game. :modding

I'm not sure you can use the pir_caps models if not in Woodes Rogers quest.
I'll check that out and also give you the complete list of the 28 named pirate captains
when I get home from Stockholm tomorrow.

Yes but the problem is now I keep getting a CTD when I click new game, and I cannot figure out how to fix it, I restored default options and restored the original info in Characters_init.c and in the New Horizons Storyline. I put back everything the way it was before I exchanged models and still CTD. Now I need help fixing my CTD problem .

Ya know, when I screw up a shipsinit.c there is no way to fix it. You have to get into the game to hit F11 to reinitialize it and you can't do that because it crashes before you get there. I still have two dead installs on my hd because of that.

I'm wondering if that is your problem?

This could be, I exchanged the Blaze model in Characters Init.c with the woodes_rogers model renamed Blaze Devlin with Woodes Rogers then Changed the Blaze model in Standard storyline file with Woodes_rogers model. This could be the cause of my problems but I restored the Blaze models to Characters init and the Standard file but I still alway get a CTD whenever I click new game it still CTD. It should'nt still CTD if I restore everything to the way it was before. I guess only way to fix is to reinstall everything again right?

Yeah, the game uses all of the old information that causes the CTD until it is reinitialized with F11. I do not know where that info is stored.

Dang, I really enjoyed using Woodes Roger's model- looks really cool when playing his model, sigh oh well gonna have to reinstall everything-ugh. Well thanks HYlie I'm glad somebody told me this before I stressed more about the problem.

Alright I reinstalled everything, so I cant use different models without going to the tailor shop? I saw many models in in Initmodels that I have not seen at any tailor's shop- is there a way I can use a different model without getting a CTD and without going to tailor's shop, where they only have a small selection compared to all the models I've seen in InitModels.

If you want to use any of the pir_cap models in the standard storyline:
PROGRAM\Storyline\standard.c
Change only in the line start.model "Blaze" to "pir_cap1" if you want to play a very fat guy sometimes called Charles Vane.

The names I used:
pir_cap1 = Vane, 2=Bellamy, 3=Paul Williams, 4=John Yeats, 5=Howell Davies, 6=Thomas Cocklyn, 7=Thomas Anstis.
8=Olivier La Bouche, 9=Edward Low, 10=Phineas Bunce, 11=John Gow, 14=Walter Kennedy, 15=Edward England,
16=Bart.Roberts, 17=George Lowther, 18=Calico Jack Rackham, 20=Edmund Condent, 21=Christopher Winter,
22=John Auger, 23=John Taylor, 24=Francis Spriggs, 26=Mary Read,27=John Quelch, 28=Emanuel Wynn,
29=Christopher Moody, 30=RichardWorley, 31=Jean Thomas Dulaien, 32=Alexandre Exquemelin.

The "bb_Hornigold" model does NOT work (for main character)

Many thanks Talisman and Jack, first I will copy paste all the POTC files into another folder before I begin to give myself models, just in case I mess up I have a backup. :dance

Jack can you tell me where bb_Hornigold can be used without causing a CTD? I tried bb_hornigold on Johan Elting's quest and it Ctd again, its a good thing I had copied pasted everything into another folder, else I'd be reinstalling the game again.

The bb_Hornigold can be used on other characters.
The model is not defined in init_models maybe that's the reason.
I'll see what I can do about it tonight.

This is a fix for you Buck:
Open PROGRAM\Models\it_Models.c
Search //Caesar

add this block between //Caesar and //JRH:

//Benjamin Hornigold
makeref(model,Models[n]);
model.description = "";
model.id = "bb_Hornigold";
model.FaceId = 66;
model.assigned = true;
n++;

Now you can use that model. There are no portraits to Hornigold
so I have used Shkiper pictures (nr 66).

I am currently working on Horatio's quest with the pir_cap22 and also the Johan Elting with bb_hornigold though I was wondering if LAi_SetImmortal(ch, true); will work in any storylines without editing any files.

Back