• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Questions

WindmillSlayer

Powder Monkey
Decided to make a list of virtually every question I have:

1. Are there any dungeons on Isla Muelle?

2. Any on Falaise De Fleur?

3. There are a bunch of unique NPCs in houses on Falaise De Fleur who serve no purpose at all.....or do they?

4. There is a woman on Isla Muelle in a house. Does she serve a purpose?

5. What's the absolute highest level or does it never stop?

6. Are the Vagrant and Flamigera the last unlockable swords?

7. Is it possible to bribe the guards if you are caught smuggling? I know the options present themselves.

8. Why do they give you the option to threaten the captors of the Spanish Admiral's son and not allow you to actually fight them and keep the money? Or does this option unlock at a high level?

9. What happens if he dies before you deliver him to the Admiral?

10. How many smuggling missions does it take to lower your reputation? I know that if you board enough ships your reputation will lower. Does anyone know if your reputation decreases as you smuggle?

11. What is the point of William Blaker in the pirate island tavern?

1. San Juan? I never found any.

2. Martinique? Nope.

3. Some do.

4. Yes.

5. No ideer.

6. No ideer.

7. Never tried. The idea is to not get caught.

8. You can fight them if you want, but the kid dies.

9. Dunno. He turns into a pretty good officer so I keep him alive.

10. I smuggle a lot and my reputation is Hero.

11. Dunno.

1. San Juan? I never found any.

2. Martinique? Nope.

3. Some do.

4. Yes.

5. No ideer.

6. No ideer.

7. Never tried. The idea is to not get caught.

8. You can fight them if you want, but the kid dies.

9. Dunno. He turns into a pretty good officer so I keep him alive.

10. I smuggle a lot and my reputation is Hero.

11. Dunno.

4. How do you trigger her mission?

8. In the stock console game it's impossible to fight them I've found.

4. Go to the merchant on Martinique and talk to his daughter Sabine. She will not be there for the first 2-3 times you go there.

I last played the stock game for about a week over 4 years ago. I do not remember the stock game.

5. There is no limit on the player level; although it does keep getting harder and harder to reach the next one.

I don't think Sabine Matton appears in the stock game, though she does appear in earlier Build Mods.

I don't think there are any dungeons on Falaise de Fleur (Martinique) or Isla Muelle (Puerto Rico). Build 14 allows you to buy maps of various dungeons and those aren't among them. There are additional dungeons in some newly added places which are duplicates of standard dungeons seen in the stock game, but I imagine that if there had been anything on either of those two original islands then there would be a map for sale in Build 14.

I've never seen an option to fight the kidnappers of Lucas da Saldhana. Possibly you have to be evil. If the son dies then presumably the quest ends and you won't get paid by the admiral, but then you're evil and don't care because the ransom is more than the reward.

My reputation has never been lowered by boarding ships. But then I only board hostile ships, whether they belong to a hostile nation or to pirates. If you approach a friendly or neutral ship and open fire on it, that will probably lower your reputation.

Pretty sure Sabine Matton was indeed finished and re-enabled as an early Build modification.

Boarding ships indeed does not need to lower your reputation at all.

Nathaniel was caught smuggling. He had a reputation of "Horror of the High Seas"

He told the guards to get lost, and the Captain got scared and decided to just report him. However the game froze with all of them standing there unable to move. Is this an unfinished feature or just my disk?

I hate it when that happens. The first time a coast guard let me go I was so embarrassed that I stopped smuggling for a very long time.

My game randomly crashes once a day.

Mine routinely crashed during boardings, generally after I'd either looted a body, looted a chest, or exchanged items with a companion. Sometimes I could do the looting or exchanging without it crashing, and if the game had once got itself into that condition then I could continue for a long time without any trouble. Other times it would crash first time and I'd have to restrain myself from looting or exchanging if I wanted to make any progress that day.

That was when I was using Beta 3. I'm now using Beta 3.2 WIP, which seems to be much more reliable. I've done boardings, looted everything in sight, and it did crash once. The game also once corrupted itself to the point where it would crash when I loaded a saved game, even an earlier one which had previously loaded without any trouble. After a re-install it has not crashed again. (Yet. Now I've said that, it's probably going to crash next time I play...)

He told the guards to get lost, and the Captain got scared and decided to just report him. However the game froze with all of them standing there unable to move. Is this an unfinished feature or just my disk?
You have any .log files from that situation? Or a savegame from just before it?

In the stock game, I have learned that after three different sea battles, the next time you fight ships, it will crash if you try to board them. So, I save after the third engagement and then reload the game. This gives three more battles. And so on.

My game crashes EVERY time I try to board a Dutch ship or raid Douwesen's fort so I always ignore the Netherlands on the map. Besides, Douwesen is a very strategic haven with more amenities than the pirate island.

Odd. When I played the stock game, I never did have such troubles. In fact, I don't remember the stock game as being particularly buggy. :shock

Ah. Indeed that one is said to be less stable than the European.

Why aren't you running the Build yet? I can't remember if you mentioned that before or not.

Back