• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Questions

@WindmillSlayer: I believe the best option would be to buy/obtain a version for PC (preferably European) and play that one instead - I assume you've got one, unless you write this from, say, a smartphone. As an additional bonus, you'd be able to install Build mod there, with all good things it brings.

I would like to comment on some things:

1. No. Unless you count the satanist lair.

2. No.

3. I think they were supposed to be used for something. I haven't checked yet.

4. I think she was supposed to, but I haven't checked.

5. I don't think there is a level cap, but I don't know. Haven't seen any code about a limit, though.

6. You mean the last that get available for purchase? Yes.

7. I have never smuggled, and haven't checked the code for that.

8. I think you are supposed to somehow be able to fight them and keep the money.

9. Haven't checked.

10. I don't know about this.

11. It seems he is supposed to be able to give information about Raoul Rheims, possibly if you play as Danielle.

I know the Build Mod changes some of these and enables some things, but I don't know about their exact status in the stock game. I will check some time.

I can attest that the Xbox version is unstable, at least the American version. The "white screen of death" is particularly "hilarious" - the entire screen gets white and the game freezes, it's like the game has surrendered. It also gets a lot of "bad saves" for no apparent reason. It can also crash in other ways. There are some workarounds for some of these problems, but they don't always work.

If the Xbox is modded the games can also be modded, but I guess you have an unmodded Xbox. I have made some progress with modding Pirates of the Caribbean on Xbox, but haven't tried getting a Build Mod version to work on it yet. I intend to work further on this.

The PC version is better, so you might want to get it. It should be possible to get a controller working if you prefer that.

Last edited:
I would like to comment on some things:

1. No. Unless you count the satanist lair.

2. No.

3. I think they were supposed to be used for something. I haven't checked yet.

4. I think she was supposed to, but I haven't checked.

5. I don't think there is a level cap, but I don't know. Haven't seen any code about a limit, though.

6. You mean the last that get available for purchase? Yes.

7. I have never smuggled, and haven't checked the code for that.

8. I think you are supposed to somehow be able to fight them and keep the money.

9. Haven't checked.

10. I don't know about this.

11. It seems he is supposed to be able to give information about Raoul Rheims, possibly if you play as Danielle.

I know the Build Mod changes some of these and enables some things, but I don't know about their exact status in the stock game. I will check some time.

I can attest that the Xbox version is unstable, at least the American version. The "white screen of death" is particularly "hilarious" - the entire screen gets white and the game freezes, it's like the game has surrendered. It also gets a lot of "bad saves" for no apparent reason. It can also crash in other ways. There are some workarounds for some of these problems, but they don't always work.

If the Xbox is modded the games can also be modded, but I guess you have an unmodded Xbox. I have made some progress with modding Pirates of the Caribbean on Xbox, but haven't tried getting a Build Mod version to work on it yet. I intend to work further on this.

The PC version is better, so you might want to get it. It should be possible to get a controller working if you prefer that.

I'll definitely look into that.

@WindmillSlayer: I believe the best option would be to buy/obtain a version for PC (preferably European) and play that one instead - I assume you've got one, unless you write this from, say, a smartphone. As an additional bonus, you'd be able to install Build mod there, with all good things it brings.
I have a laptop. I think that'll work.

I heard a rumor about pressing a button during the credits to allow you to keep playing after the main story with the Manowar. Is that true or false?

False. After the main story is finished you can continue free playing. It is possible to capture both the Man O War and the Black Pearl too. My personal record is 27 game years before I retired.

False. After the main story is finished you can continue free playing. It is possible to capture both the Man O War and the Black Pearl too. My personal record is 27 game years before I retired.
This must be in the build. In mine the game ends as soon as the Pearl sinks.

Unmodded game: Play ends after the Credits. PotC Build Mod: You can continue playing.
That was one of the first mods ever done for the game. Possibly even the first.

Unmodded game: Play ends after the Credits. PotC Build Mod: You can continue playing.
And I can see why. I almost threw my controller when I found out that the game ends for the first time. I'd saved right before on Khael Roa, and I couldn't reload to an earlier save because I'd deleted them........I was stuck in a one-way tunnel to closure.

It was in fact the very first mod we did! Unfortunately, I do not remember for sure who figured it out, I do believe though it was a collaboration, but I could be wrong. It's probably a good bet that Draksen, Suraknar and NathanKell were involved. Very shortly after that, the save game slots were increased, I am pretty sure that was Draksen. I really wish we could get a hold of some of those early Build Mod changelogs! :checklist

The earliest I ever had was Build 10.1, I think. Not sure if I still do though. It never worked for me; the first one that was operational was Build 11.

We do have some Build 9 texts in the manual, but there was a LOT of good stuff that came before that that just hasn't gotten proper credit. I wish I had known back then I would need all that stuff now! :modding

Back