• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Raven's Cry: Role-Playing Action Adventure Game

Hello,

Regarding your Amazon.co.uk order which includes the following:

-----------------------------------------------------
B0058NY5UK

Raven's Cry (PC DVD)
-----------------------------------------------------

We've been informed by the manufacturer that we won't receive stock of this item in time for the original release date. The expected release date is currently unknown.

Please note that pre-orders will be fulfilled in order of purchase date and we won’t charge your payment card until just before your items are dispatched.

Thanks. They must have just snuck that in there or else I missed something. Thanks again for the updated info.

Just a new music video from "Raven's Cry". This time the developers grab the famous shanty "Drunken sailor" and create a new version of the song.:drunk:fiddler
There was a warning from Topware Interactive concerning the rude lyrics.
Topware Interactive said:
Warning: this one contains really rude lyrics and it is highly recommended to have a blood-alcohol level of at least 0.2% while watching it!
:cheers:rumgone

On top of the decisions to include fairy tail magic and forcing the player to play as a psychopath, they have also decided to go the vulgar route to try and sell copies. I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised really. :rolleyes:

Yeah nowadays they are trying really hard to win the worldchampionship in spoiling everything. Back to the roots is out of fashion. ;)

Curious indeed. I suppose they're going for a "full-on rough" approach?

So they are singing about women and sex while getting falling down drunk. But, where are the women? There are no women! Methinks the only action they will be getting is with Rosy Palm. :nerbz

Wow ...this is ...disturbing! :wp

Difficult to say if this game will be enjoyable or not but i will give it a try for shure as there is nothing else interesting out there for me this year :unsure

looks kind of like assassins creed from that trailer :/ not a latter day creed fan myself i love 1 & 2 but eh for every one after that

Interesting! Lot of good things there, but it does seem a bit on the "dark and gritty" side, which isn't normally my favourite.

The voices and animations didn't seem to match up very well; but then, how often do you see video game characters that actually move like real people?
It is always "off" in one way or another.

And that sea.... not entirely sold on that. Nor on the white-cloud explosion effects. o_O

In my opinion the game looks better in action than on the trailer above:

Given that Reality Pump has been the developer for only about a year, and they have switched engines in the process, it looks pretty good. That being said, I hope that climbing is the only thing RC has in common with Black Flag ;)

Thanks for making me excited Yeti. Looks like your hope could come true, the control looks quite good to me. This is the first Pirate Action Adventure that i will try out, till now i was only playing RPGs.

Last edited:
That does look potentially like quite a lot of fun. With quite a bit of free play potential added and a little more realism, that could be brilliant.
If we can get HoO to allow the same sort of freedom of movement and cool action scenes, that'd be great. :cheeky

It does look interesting, although I have to say from that trailer, that is some of the worst voice acting/animations i have ever seen or heard!

clearly you have never played aliens colonial marines or enchanted arms:razz

Last edited:
Haha! I've seen how bad aliens colonial marines is that's why I would never play it. The voice acting and animations didn't look a bad at all though. Ravens Cry looks more in line with Gothic. They probably just used the developers to do voice recording.

Back