• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[REL] New ships and characters

Any chance to see a list of the ships added to the game through this mod? I'm salivating over just the vastness of it all, now want specifics :will At work so I can't look into the goodies

Any chance to see a list of the ships added to the game through this mod? I'm salivating over just the vastness of it all, now want specifics :will At work so I can't look into the goodies
The excel spreadsheet on the FTP site lists the ships with their stats but here is a simple list by class :onya

Tartane new model

Bermsloop
Pink
Lugger_h
Galeoth_h
Sloop new model
ColonialSchooner

Bounty
Edinburg
Barque new model
Xebec
Packet_Brig
Enterprise

Brigantine new model
Brig new model
Barkentine new model
Interceptor
Fleut new model
BattleXebec

Corvette new model
Blackangel
BattleCorvette

TheBlackpearl
Jamaicaship
BlackPearl
Salamander
Nightmare
ColonialFrigate
Surprise
Boussole
Mermaidgrief
Lightfrigate
Frigate_sat
BattleFrigate
Constitution
Fearless

Dutchlineship
LineShip new model
Lineshipheavy
Linearship
Shark
Manowar_fast
Manowar new model
BattleManowar
SoleilRoyal

Who are the three characters that has musketeer animations.

Blad.gm, Pat.gm and Resc.gm all have alternate model sets that have the musket animations (i.e. Blad_0_mush.gm is the alternate for Blad_0) they are not active in the scripts in the download. If you want to use or play around with the muskets you have to change the script files to point to these animations, enable muskets in the items file, set the muskeeter skill and add the musket to merchants

Even with all that I still find it quirky, there is no way to add a 4th slot for the musket in the character portrait that I can find unless Seaward wants to unlock the code, so it shows up in the pistol slot so you cannot have both a musket and pistol at the same time.

When fighting on a ship or in close quarters if you pull out your musket to shoot it pokes the oponent in the eyeball because there is no minimum range setting that I have been able to find, and the collision box for teh musket altough it is there in the model for the guns does not appear to be recognized by the engine like it is for a sword....thought it would be fun to spin in a circle with gun out and whack everyone, but allas it did not work that way.

Still just toying with them is fun and I am sure that sooner or later someone will figure out how to fix the problems

I´ve downloaded the ship-folder from the FTP and i ´ve got some questions.

1. I´d like to use only half of the ships, what progam-files/lines do I have to change and how, in order to make it run stable?

2. I noticed a script called "merchant on map", I ´d like to expand it to all units, which are spawned on the map, in order to grant that only some shiptypes can be used for a specific nation, so that all kinds of encounters are effected by this script, but what lines must I add/change??

Basically to remove a ship you have to open every script that is there and remove the parts that pertain to that ship. I learned how to put them all togther by reading the tutorials on this forum, there is a couple of really good ones there, just follow the tutorial in reverse.

The merchantonmap.c file is not what adds the ships to the ship yards the file that does that is ShipsUtilities.C. Ships become available at the shipyards based on your rank.
As close as I can tell from reviewing the script the merchantonmap.c file appears to establish the items/ships that only appear at certain merchants based on nationallity don't know if it will effect spawned ships. I.E. the Soliel Royal plans would only be avail at a french shipyard. If the ship is not listed in this file then there is a chance that it would be avail in any/all shipyards...

the actual code lines are:
case FRANCE:
switch (irank)
{
case 0: iShip = SHIP_GALEOTH_H; break;
case 1: iShip = SHIP_FLEUT; break;
case 2: iShip = SHIP_PINNACE; break;
case 3: iShip = SHIP_BOUSSOLE; break;
case 4: iShip = SHIP_LINESHIP; break;
case 5: iShip = SHIP_SOLEILROYAL; break;

}
break;

If someone has a better understanding of this file I would love some info, could not find anything on any russian, german or english website that even mentions it but it was used in several of the major russian mods and all appear to be limiting certain ship sales to certain nations.

Something weird's going on with the ships, I set my starting ship to SHIP_INTERCEPTOR and instead got a regular fluyt, and with the default SHIP_SLOOP I get a schooner instead.
Also, the Jamaican ship sits a wee bit high in the water.

The character sitting down after a big hit is because of their animation (man2).

As these characters use PotC animation ;) and man2 is CoAS version of the PotC animation

@ Gorg

In the shipyard I 'd like to have all ships at the beginning, that'd be great :p

What I really meant was, how can I limit every ship to one or two nations??

hi, how to get all of those ships? i see a lot of them not available in the shipyard.

Also is there a way to make characters like jack sparrow and others available as officer requitable from the tavern?

to use the ships i only copy paste the files in the directorys and it works or do i need to edit some files ? .
also is it savegame compatible and any bugs so far ?

question:
To use the new ships,should I create a new character? My old character can't find any ship new in boatyard.

question 2:
The colour of the ships is much more light,especially on 1st view.It look as if the ship is shining.How to make it looks darker??

I have tried to test the shippack, but the game crashes shortly before reaching the main-menu, what now?

Back