• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Reload points

I think I can see that ALL locators shown in your screenshots have . and not ,
How did that happen? Does it really work? :confused:
I have only seen/used ,

Program Files (x86)/Bethesda Softworks/Pirates of the Carribean. Basically the same place the original game would be.
That's not good. Windows security does silly things there. The original game dates back to 2003, when Windows didn't do silly things. You would be better to put it somewhere other than "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)". For example, mine is in "Games\Pirates of the Caribbean".

I think I can see that ALL locators shown in your screenshots have . and not ,
How did that happen? Does it really work? :confused:
I have only seen/used ,
Whereas I've only seen and used "." and I'm surprised "," works. ;)

The one at the very bottom is the new one I'm trying to get to work. So far just a black void in the house.
What happens if you put the original file back?

If I delete the file with the new reload point and put the old one back the house is restored. Should I try it with both gm files? And what should I name the new or old file?

About the . and ,
Could it be that "Write to File/Read from File" gives the . as I've never used it?

About the . and ,
Could it be that "Write to File/Read from File" gives the . as I've never used it?
It does, but TOOL itself also displays locator values with "." for me even if I have not used "Write to File" or "Read from File". The actual locator file presumably stores the values as the binary representation of floating point numbers so it doesn't care how TOOL displays them.

Now I'm getting really confused. There has to be a way to add a locator/reload point. I've tried it at two other places and I'm still left with a black void. Am I doing something wrong in the coords? Or is there another way besides TOOL?

It should be possible with TOOL, that's how both @Jack Rackham and I have done it several times, he more than me. :D Easiest is just to create a new locator on the end. But I prefer to use "Write to File" (see post #6) to convert the locators to text, copy and paste a locator similar to the one I want, change its name, then use "Read from File" to import it into the locator file. Then I change the co-ordinates in the main "View -> Locators" screen. That means if I'm adding a "reload" locator, for example, I can put it in the same part of the file as the other "reload" locators, rather than have an isolated "reload" at the end.

Can you upload one of your changed files which is causing trouble? You'll need to use something like 7-Zip to compress the file first because the forum won't allow a .gm file to be uploaded directly.

It should be possible with TOOL, that's how both @Jack Rackham and I have done it several times, he more than me. :D Easiest is just to create a new locator on the end. But I prefer to use "Write to File" (see post #6) to convert the locators to text, copy and paste a locator similar to the one I want, change its name, then use "Read from File" to import it into the locator file. Then I change the co-ordinates in the main "View -> Locators" screen. That means if I'm adding a "reload" locator, for example, I can put it in the same part of the file as the other "reload" locators, rather than have an isolated "reload" at the end.

Can you upload one of your changed files which is causing trouble? You'll need to use something like 7-Zip to compress the file first because the forum won't allow a .gm file to be uploaded directly.
Here you go, the new locator is "reload2"

Attachments

• PirH_l.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 45
As far as I can see, there's nothing wrong with that file, apart from the Y co-ordinate being too high so that the locator is somewhere near the ceiling:
new_pirh_l.jpg
In which folder have you put "PirH_l.gm"?

Try it again, and if it shows a black screen again, post "system.log". Also post the file "PROGRAM\Locations\init\QuebradasCostillas.c".

Look at the Y co-ordinate for "goto2". That's at floor level and not far from "reload2", so you could try the same value.

Edit "PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h". Go to the bottom, find "VISIBLE_LOCATORS" and set it to 1. When you start the game, you'll see all locators. When you go into the house, you'll see "reload2". That's how I got that screenshot.

But none of this will do anything about the black screen - if that's still happening, it's nothing to do with the Y co-ordinate.

Thanks. I downloaded your locatorfile and saw something.

The xz and the zx should never be the same. xz = - zx always. Try change one of them. If it works but the direction of the locator
is wrong it was the other one you should have changed.

Thanks. I downloaded your locatorfile and saw something.

The xz and the zx should never be the same. xz = - zx always. Try change one of them. If it works but the direction of the locator
is wrong it was the other one you should have changed.
Ah I see, I just made them the same because the F12 coords in the game showed them the same, what should I change one to?

Ah I see, I just made them the same because the F12 coords in the game showed them the same, what should I change one to?
Look again at your screenshot in post #14. xz is 0.88035, zx is -0.88035.

However, you appear to be facing towards the corner. You'll want the reload to point exactly the opposite way so that when you emerge from the tunnel into the house, you'll be facing away from the corner. So you'll want xz to be -0.88035 and zx to be 088035.

Back