• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Reload points

You had the correct value in post #13!

"e-002" means "times 10 to the power of -2", or "divide by 100". 1.4335/100 is 0.014335, which is what you had in that screenshot.

More generally, edit "InternalSettings.h" to show visible locators, visit the place, look for any locator somewhere near where you want to add the new one. In TOOL, look for that locator - its co-ordinates will be close to where you want yours, and in particular y will probably be similar. That is why I suggested looking at the co-ordinates for "goto2"; in my screenshot, it's on the floor and a little to the right of where your "reload2" should be.

Oh I've had the locators visible for ages.

I think I have the values right now.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-28 103426.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-28 103426.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot 2023-06-28 103515.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-28 103515.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 48
What happens when you put this locator file into place - can you enter the house and find the "reload2", or does it still show a black screen?

After it shows the black screen, could you upload "system.log"? Also upload "PROGRAM\Locations\init\QuebradasCostillas.c".

How do you upload system.log anyway?

And what do you mean by upload "PROGRAM\Locations\init\QuebradasCostillas.c"., I know the folder you mean but not what you mean by "upload" it.

You should find the file "system.log" in the game installation folder, at the top level - not in the "PROGRAM" or "RESOURCE" folders.

You already know how to upload files! Use the "Attach files" button. The forum accepts .log and .c files without needing them to be zipped. Do to "system.log" and "QuebradasCostillas.c" the same as you did to the screenshot files.

Sorry for the trouble, I'm a novice at this sort of stuff, very new.

Unless I'm missing something as usual, there is no game installation folder. When I download New Horizons all I get is the b14_installer/

Here's the other one though.

Attachments

• QuebradasCostillas.zip
    9.4 KB · Views: 37
Unless you've changed it, your game installation folder according to post #20 is "Program Files (x86)/Bethesda Softworks/Pirates of the Carribean". You should find "system.log" in there.

Except that Windows does silly things with "Program Files(x86)". You may find "system.log" in "C:\Users\<YourUsername>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Pirates of the Caribbean" instead. (Replace "<YourUsername>" with your user name. ;)) It's also possible that your modified "PirH_l.gm" has gone into "C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Pirates of the Caribbean" as well, though I'd need to see "system.log" to have a real clue as to why the game goes to a black screen.

In any case, re-install "Pirates of the Caribbean" somewhere else, such as "C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean". Leaving it in "Program Files(x86)" is certainly going to cause trouble.

As for "QuebradasCostillas.c", I don't see anything in there which would cause the black screen. What might cause trouble is a link from "QC_residence":
Code:
    Locations[n].reload.l2.name = "goto9";
    Locations[n].reload.l2.go = "Cayman_Grot_02";
    Locations[n].reload.l2.emerge = "monster39";
    Locations[n].reload.l2.autoreload = "0";
    Locations[n].locators_radius.reload.goto9 = 20.0;
And for "Town_Tunnel":
Code:
    Locations[n].townsack = "Grand Cayman";
Code:
    Locations[n].reload.l2.name = "reload1_back";
    Locations[n].reload.l2.go = "Cayman_Warehouse";
    Locations[n].reload.l2.emerge = "reload2";
    Locations[n].reload.l2.label = "Warehouse";
Why are you teleporting from Nevis to Cayman?

This is what I've got. Could it be named differently?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-28 144120.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-28 144120.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot 2023-06-28 144147.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-28 144147.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 26
Unless you've changed it, your game installation folder according to post #20 is "Program Files (x86)/Bethesda Softworks/Pirates of the Carribean". You should find "system.log" in there.

Except that Windows does silly things with "Program Files(x86)". You may find "system.log" in "C:\Users\<YourUsername>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Pirates of the Caribbean" instead. (Replace "<YourUsername>" with your user name. ;)) It's also possible that your modified "PirH_l.gm" has gone into "C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Pirates of the Caribbean" as well, though I'd need to see "system.log" to have a real clue as to why the game goes to a black screen.

In any case, re-install "Pirates of the Caribbean" somewhere else, such as "C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean". Leaving it in "Program Files(x86)" is certainly going to cause trouble.

As for "QuebradasCostillas.c", I don't see anything in there which would cause the black screen. What might cause trouble is a link from "QC_residence":
Code:
    Locations[n].reload.l2.name = "goto9";
    Locations[n].reload.l2.go = "Cayman_Grot_02";
    Locations[n].reload.l2.emerge = "monster39";
    Locations[n].locators_radius.reload.goto9 = 20.0;
And for "Town_Tunnel":
Code:
    Locations[n].townsack = "Grand Cayman";
Code:
    Locations[n].reload.l2.name = "reload1_back";
    Locations[n].reload.l2.go = "Cayman_Warehouse";
    Locations[n].reload.l2.emerge = "reload2";
    Locations[n].reload.l2.label = "Warehouse";
Why are you teleporting from Nevis to Cayman?

Oh that?, I've been trying to copy that "trap door" method on that Cayman spot that leads to the cave, that was one of my attempts for the Pirate House. it didn't work.

First, is there a "goto9" locator in "QC_Residence"? The trapdoor won't work if it isn't there. ;) It also won't work with "autoreload" set to 0 - try setting it to 1. And change "Cayman_Grot_02" to "QuebradasCostillas_cave", or to one of the tunnels. Change the "emerge" line from "monster39" to a locator that exists in your chosen destination. Then try walking into the pirate boss house, because "QC_residence" isn't the house near Clint Eastwood, it's the house in Pirate Settlement where you'll find Isenbrandt Jurcksen.

This is what I've got. Could it be named differently?
In the second screenshot you have the system text file - that's it!
Do this manipulation to display file extensions!
  1. Open Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization.
  2. Now, click on Folder Options or File Explorer Option, as it is now called
  3. Select the View tab.
  4. In this tab, under Advanced Settings, you will see the option Hide extensions for known file types.
  5. Uncheck this option
  6. Click on Apply and OK.

Attachments

• 1687979883813.png
    1687979883813.png
    227.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
In the second screenshot you have the system text file - that's it!
Do this manipulation to display file extensions!
  1. Open Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization.
  2. Now, click on Folder Options or File Explorer Option, as it is now called
  3. Select the View tab.
  4. In this tab, under Advanced Settings, you will see the option Hide extensions for known file types.
  5. Uncheck this option
  6. Click on Apply and OK.
AYE!!, MUCH THANKS TO YA SHIPMATE!!

First, is there a "goto9" locator in "QC_Residence"? The trapdoor won't work if it isn't there. ;) It also won't work with "autoreload" set to 0 - try setting it to 1. And change "Cayman_Grot_02" to "QuebradasCostillas_cave", or to one of the tunnels. Change the "emerge" line from "monster39" to a locator that exists in your chosen destination. Then try walking into the pirate boss house, because "QC_residence" isn't the house near Clint Eastwood, it's the house in Pirate Settlement where you'll find Isenbrandt Jurcksen.
I'll keep that in mind. Anyway I FINALLY found the system log file thanks to

AkrimalS

Attachments

• system log.zip
    766 bytes · Views: 39
The important part of that "system.log" is:
Code:
Unable to open resource\sounds\locator
resource\models\locations\Inside\Pirate_House\pirh_l.gm: can't open geometry file

Assuming you haven't moved your "PirH_l.gm" to the wrong folder and haven't renamed it, this is probably due to Windows security doing silly things. Therefore I repeat what I suggested before - reinstall the game somewhere other than "Program Files (x86)/Bethesda Softworks/Pirates of the Carribean". My own installation is in "C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean".

The stock game dates back to 2003, when the current version of Windows was XP. This was not cursed by the silliness that afflicts Windows 10, so "Program Files(x86)" was a safe place to install things.

The important part of that "system.log" is:
Code:
Unable to open resource\sounds\locator
resource\models\locations\Inside\Pirate_House\pirh_l.gm: can't open geometry file

Assuming you haven't moved your "PirH_l.gm" to the wrong folder and haven't renamed it, this is probably due to Windows security doing silly things. Therefore I repeat what I suggested before - reinstall the game somewhere other than "Program Files (x86)/Bethesda Softworks/Pirates of the Carribean". My own installation is in "C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean".

The stock game dates back to 2003, when the current version of Windows was XP. This was not cursed by the silliness that afflicts Windows 10, so "Program Files(x86)" was a safe place to install things.
ARRRRRRRGH!!!!, IT WORKED!!!, the reload2 point is there!!!!

Back