• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build New Fetch Quest for 3.3 Needs Testing

If I somehow find the time, I'll see if I can figure out why they aren't accepting your cargo.
Bit busy here at the moment though, so I can't make any promises.

Last edited:
Take your time sir Pieter, we are all almost having our final exams, so in JUne, the progress of this game will be quite little :(

But anyway, after finishing this week, i will have some more free time, so i'll continue testing all the new content of Beta 3.2 ;)

Suppose you get the news indicating that the tailor in Speightstown needs help. Good luck getting into the tailor's shop...

And if no further fetch quests can be generated until the current one has been cleared, that pretty well wraps it up for fetch quests for the rest of that game.

What was wrong with that one again? I recall hearing something to that extent.
Was that the Standard storyline Tailor Shop closed permanently after a certain point in the story? What point was that again?

If you go anywhere near the tailor's shop in Speightstown, you drop through the ground and end up in the dungeon. xD

The tailor disappears when the French arrive and never comes back. I was just there and he is gone.

Actually as near as I can tell all fetch quests are now broken.

I was sure that was the tailor's shop. :oops: Possibly the shop moved between Build 13 and Build 14.

I hooked up my external drive a couple of days ago and found Build 13 on it, so ran it just now. The Speightstown tailor shop has not moved.

OK, this is odd. I definitely remember trying to get into the tailor's shop and dropping through the hole, while playing Build 13. The only explanation I can invent is that I was close enough to the shop to trigger its icon but still somewhere in the middle of the street, so I had the choice of buildings to my left or right. I picked the wrong one, dropped in on the dungeon, and thereafter permanently associated the hole with the tailor's shop.

Fortunately, if the tailor's shop becomes unavailable anyway due to the French invasion right at the start of the standard storyline, my report about the quest then becoming impossible was not a total waste of time. xD

I'm not sure anyone knows why the tailor disappears. We would have him there if we could.

In Beta 3.2, the Fetch Quests were tied into the dynamic economy.
But since these are only temporary changes based on random town events, they don't need to be fully tied into a dynamic economy, right?
That might make it a fair bit easier to reintroduce them.

If I recall, the only real issue with the Fetch Quests themselves is that you MUST complete the randomly created quests before a new one appears.
So if you don't know the quest is active or you decide not to act on it, then no new ones will appear.
That should be quite easily fixable.

(Yes, I'd really like to have these quests make a well-deserved come-back too! :cheeky )

Like I said in the todo topic I will try to reintroduce them tomorrow. Most of the functions are still in place so I'm mostly a matter of adding the dialog and checking if everything works.
I wont tie them to the economy (for now) but they will be tied into the rummors.

Cool! As far as I'm concerned, what you had before was near-perfect as it was.

You still have the archive of your old code that I uploaded, right?
I wouldn't want you to waste your time doing things you have already done. :facepalm

I should have it somewhere, but the vital parts where in the common_quests and that code is still in the mod, it was never removed :p.

I should have it somewhere, but the vital parts where in the common_quests and that code is still in the mod, it was never removed :p.
Indeed, I removed as little as possible. If a quest case isn't called, then it isn't used and it does no harm being there.
I always did hope we could set things to right again.

That being said, I did remove some of your code from quests_common.c, so on the off-chance that you can still use that, see attached file. :doff

Attachments

• Levis Mods.zip
    185.5 KB · Views: 120
Back