• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Reworked Coas ships (old Mod Guns & More)

Interesting; the PotC Files FTP still works, it's just the Build FTP that disappeared. :wacko:
I can still access both via FTP Commander; is there something wrong with the HTTP link to the Build FTP, then?

Do you mean where to get them, or how to install them into your game?

Well, yea, the path to install the files, I guess I copy paste the Ships.ini, what about the rest of them? I guess all ships have the same type of files, so a readme in OP would help

Well firstly it depends on which game you're playing; I can only help with PotC.
And by the way, there is some minor conversion work required to make these ships compatible with that game, too. :facepalm

Good job on figuring out the rest, then! :onya
As for that file, I believe it's the walk file, so is there a 'walk' folder (or something like that) somewhere?

Ah, so it's the same as PotC in this case. That makes things easier. :cheeky

I would have thought all the .ini files would be in a 'walk' folder; one file per ship (or ships sharing the same file). :?
So there shouldn't be one main file to copy the contents into.
Have you tried looking elsewhere?

pgargon I don't know if it is possible to fix the seam problem in the bow of some ships, especially of the models based on the Surprise

Sorry I don't know what you mean? Which model of Suprise? Best way is look at picture and show me the problem. :rolleyes:

Ok this picture is not the best possible, but anyway, this is the battle frigate or sth, and here is a shot from the bow
My link This is found more or less in most surprise models, I thought that you could include a little fix or something on your next ship pack! :bow The worst case scenario is that it is a render problem of my PC, so I guess no sweat

You don't need to worry about it being a render problem- it's a texture confusion, I'd say.
Easy to fix, though. :onya

Ok and about the walk file, it is called sailor points in COAS, I found the directory, finally..... RESOURCE-> MODELS-> Ships->Sailorpoints ! And you copy the file as it were.

And if you fix the seam in the surprise model too please gime a link to the file!! :will

Good point of Armada's; we should put these ships in the PotC Build Mod too, since we've got their original CoAS versions in there already.
All we'd need to do is sort out the locator changes and replace the ships currently in there. That should improve things nicely. :woot

Good find! These could be done as part of a ship pack next year for those ships that don't make Beta 2. But how will we remember them next year?

Why wait? There's very little to do to these ships to get them into PotC, so I'm sure they can make Beta 2's release.
I'll start with the lugger right away. :dance

Back