• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Reworked Coas ships (old Mod Guns & More)

Ayup. I'm not concerned with the main sail so much, but THREE jib sails????? One will do.

Well, uhm... you sort out the rigging, because I don't know what I'm doing there! :razz

Anyway, in case you hadn't seen it, please check my last question on the previous page.

Also, she has the "high camera" problem and there's no fixed GM file in Pgargon's "AOPC" file, so I can't do anything. :(
I just tried separating the parts in TOOL to see if that would work, but the usual corrupted file problem occurs.
You might have to ask Pgargon really nicely...

As to your last question: All of them. :dance

But thank you for asking! I looked at the AOPC folder and found that I have NOT applied those files to the Unicorn! :facepalm Totally forgot...............

Sounds like that saves me the trouble of doing it then; brilliant! :woot
And the Unicorn I cannot do because you're still working on her. So I think that concludes my locator-and-ship-model work for now. :wp

But thank you for asking! I looked at the AOPC folder and found that I have NOT applied those files to the Unicorn! :facepalm Totally forgot...............
I just did the PO_CaravelR now too and have confirmed none of the ships contained in the AOPC file have any camera height issues in the game, so we consider that one sorted. :woot

I'm about done with that FR_LightPinnace. She doesn't look bad at all with those new masts! But I have a question that I probably should have asked 2 months ago.

What size and shape should the pennants be? I prefer long thin ones, but it appears that others prefer short fat pennants. What is best? :shrug

Something between short-and-fat and long-and-thin always seems about right to me. I saw some hugely long pennants in Napoleon: Total War, which I thought looked rather overdone.
As far as I understand from various period paintings, pennants were indeed very long and thin, but I just find that looking a bit oddish in the game when taken too far.
Anyway, I'll leave it in your capable hands. :doff

I'm about done with that FR_LightPinnace. She doesn't look bad at all with those new masts!
YES!! YES!! YES!! The old platforms (don't know what they are called) looked so awful. Very nice job! :onya

Yeah, ribbons don't look so good, but too many of them look like a flag with a v shaped end. I will always make pennants longer than ensigns, but I am starting to make them thicker too.

Anyway, the FR_LightPinnace is on the FTP. The GMs are named "LightPinnace3 " so they will work in my game.

So, what's next? There is a Tartane out there, and Rider88 is always putting out new goodies for the Neptunus.

LOL! Don't thank me. Those are Pgargon's masts, rigging, cannons, lifeboats, and other things too numerous to mention.

Yeah, ribbons don't look so good, but too many of them look like a flag with a v shaped end. I will always make pennants longer than ensigns, but I am starting to make them thicker too.
What you did on the FR_LightPinnace looks perfectly good to me. Thanks a lot for your work on her! :onya
The pennants look better than my quick "let's-make-them-look-like-pennants-by-only-changing-their-height" job and the main sails look sooo much better now that they're not huge anymore! :woot

Edit: Crew walk file doesn't match up entirely correctly on the aft mast. This in addition to the stairs>ladder conversion that also messing things up a bit.

So, what's next? There is a Tartane out there, and Rider88 is always putting out new goodies for the Neptunus.
There's still the following two if you're interested:
tartane_v1.01 (http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/18299-kriswoods-la-dilligente-tartane/)
Raa frigate (http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/16884-raa-frigate/)

YES!! YES!! YES!! The old platforms (don't know what they are called) looked so awful. Very nice job! :onya
With her being a fairly popular model for quest use, it's great to have her with more detail and less bugs. Definitely a keeper now! :dance

Back