• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Sail stretching issue with POTC>COAS model porting

mja

Landlubber
I have been working my way through porting some potc build mod ships to gentlemen of fortune, and I have come across a slightly strange issue that has left me a little perplexed.

drv1cQm.jpg

The model itself and the rest of the locators seem to work fine, but the sails (especially the front one) stretch an awful lot :p

Any pointers as to how to go about resolving this one?

Ah that happened to me with the Victory last year. Take a look at that ship to see how I fixed it as I do not remember what I did. Methinks it was just some trial and error.

From doing a bit of reading on those resources you linked it seems that sail0 is a sort of anchor that should prevent the sail from extending past a point. I suspect the spritsails may be somehow missing this feature.

There is a file called rey_a6.gm which seems to be missing a sail0 feature. I am guessing I will need maya to start editing these values? (I have only been playing around with locators in Inez too so far)

From doing a bit of reading on those resources you linked it seems that sail0 is a sort of anchor that should prevent the sail from extending past a point. I suspect the spritsails may be somehow missing this feature.
PotC doesn't have that "sail0" locator at all, so it is no surprise that a ship taken from PotC may be missing it.

There is a file called rey_a6.gm which seems to be missing a sail0 feature. I am guessing I will need maya to start editing these values? (I have only been playing around with locators in Inez too so far)
Inez Dias' TOOL can add locators. Unless I'm very much mistaken, that tutorial I linked to should tell you exactly how too.

No, all you need for locators is GMViewer and TOOL. That is all I use. Those and lots of time, good luck.

Is that the Soliel Royal? It is different from either the GOF2 or POTC versions

Ahh, it is indeed the FR_SotL from POTC. My old eyes failed me and I could not see the small t. :pirate07:

That ship does have sail 0 so it is just a matter of adjusting them until the sails start cooperating. It looks like rey_a6 is not used unless you want to add it to mast1.

Back