• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

Milady de Winter posing in front of her ship with her new outfit:
milady_screenshot.jpg

Milady de Winter posing in front of her ship with her new outfit:
Ooh, NICE ONE! That looks very useful for my article.
(Except that texture isn't in the public release.... but that can be easily rectified.)

This might be one of the few cases where showing the interface could be a good thing, because then you see her portrait too.

Or have a picture of the "Characters" interface page as well, then you get the full size portrait.

You'll need to add both the texture and the new model. There was previously no specific texture and the existing "Milady.gm" points at "Daniell2".

Anyone has found a succesful way of adding modded POTC to Steam as a non-Steam game? I'd like to use the Steam overlay to take screenshots as I can't be bothered to download a specific software for it but when I launch the game through Steam I get only a white screen. The intro video end the menu seem to be working under it but I can't see a thing.

Or have a picture of the "Characters" interface page as well, then you get the full size portrait.
Maybe best to just have a "side-by-side" with her Select Storyline on the left and your screenshot on the right.

You'll need to add both the texture and the new model. There was previously no specific texture and the existing "Milady.gm" points at "Daniell2".
Already done in my game. I also gave her a "head GM" because for some reason it seems like she didn't have one.
Actually, I need to remember to check if she has a head GM ani file too! :shock

Anyone has found a succesful way of adding modded POTC to Steam as a non-Steam game? I'd like to use the Steam overlay to take screenshots as I can't be bothered to download a specific software for it but when I launch the game through Steam I get only a white screen. The intro video end the menu seem to be working under it but I can't see a thing.
I have not heard of anyone ever trying that before.

For screenshots, I normally just use windowed mode, Alt+Tab and Ctrl+V in Paint.
No extra programs needed then as you can just use default Windows tools.
See also here: Screenshots thread | Page 56 | PiratesAhoy!

Already done in my game. I also gave her a "head GM" because for some reason it seems like she didn't have one.
Actually, I need to remember to check if she has a head GM ani file too! :shock
That's odd. Looking through "b14_beta4_final.tar", the head model seems to be there, under "RESOURCE\MODELS\Heads". However, it needs to be edited as well because the existing one points at "Daniell1", which incidentally probably means the original head animation would have a different face to the full character model! Try the attached.

The head ani file also seems to exist under "RESOURCE\animation\heads" and, as far as I can tell, should not need to be edited.

Attachments

• h_Milady.zip
    28 KB · Views: 96
Hmm... Maybe I am misremembering then. I did make a HEX-edited head file, that much I do know.

Anyway, thanks for that; better be sure those files are actually there! :cheers

Those are some seriously tasteful screenshots! :onya

And @Armada definitely did a brilliant job on that ship model too.

First make a shortcut to the game on your desktop and go to steam and add a "non-steam game". You should get the shortcut if you select the correct file path and it should work from there, using the f12 key to take screen shots and they should open in a separate window when you exit the game

SHINY NUGGETS! LOTSA SHINY GOLDERN NUGGETS!! :guns:

Shinies!.jpg

Bosun: Cap’n! I blind! I d’nay see!
Cap’n: Wut yer blathrin’ on ‘bouts?
Bosun: It hurtin’n me ayes, boss!
Cap’n: Is...it... DAVY??
Bosun: Nah matey, it too shiny!
Cap’n: Did ye said SHINY??
Bosun: SHINY!
Cap’n: SHINIES?????
Bosun: Dunno matey, I blind.
Cap’n: AARRGGHH!! MY AYES!!
Bosun: It shiny, aye?
Cap’n: Dunno, I blind too.

Last edited:
@Homo eructus , you can very easily add it to Steam; in fact, that's how I play it! Simply go to the add non-steam game dialog, and navigate to ENGINE.exe. Then make sure you're running in Windowed mode. If you have problems, I'd suggest running ENGINE as a Windows XP executable and failing that, I'd wager it's your graphics card settings doing something. As there's not really any other reason Steam would do this to you; all it's doing is acting like a fancy framing program afterall.

Back