• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

Well I play in arcade and cannons reload quite fast with my settings - after a few shots from every ship I could see a minor performance loss due to all the smoke the cannons fabricated :D But other than that, performance was fine. But I also consider my PC in the high-end category ;)

After getting the recent patches and fixes installed and working, I had to start a new savegame. So I decided to implement some more changes and get rid of my trust Unité class frigate. I have resorted to using one of my other favourites in the game, the Lyme class frigate. I know what you're thinking, yes I am very biased towards the 1750-1830 period and especially frigates.

7ps1n4d.png

I have also changed the way I take screenshots. Because the in-game screenshot option never worked and always gave me blank pictures, I just used Print Scr, tabbed out of the game and pasted it somewhere. Now I have resorted to using MSI Afterburner for directly taking screenshots. So my endeavours will go a lot more efficient and smoothly.

Joer: Those blank pictures are because the alpha-channel is still activated. Use e.g. XnView to get rid of the alphachannel.

Was lucky as I sailed into the Charlestown port: AI got lost and it looked like it actually wanted to sail to the port. Looked pretty cool.seadogs2_0313.jpg seadogs2_0317.jpg seadogs2_0322.jpg

BTW is it possible that the Installer ignores files that are already there? Cause I have some dead .gm files, e.g. Puerto Rico outskirts

BTW is it possible that the Installer ignores files that are already there? Cause I have some dead .gm files, e.g. Puerto Rico outskirts
Shouldn't do, no.

What do you mean by "dead .gm files"? :shock

Was lucky as I sailed into the Charlestown port: AI got lost and it looked like it actually wanted to sail to the port. Looked pretty cool.
I think @Armada will quite appreciate that one!

system.log says the game can't open them and when I enter such an area screen turn completely black, only logs and date and time is shown.

It could be that they're stock game files that were never changed in the mod.
Give the system.log entries and I'm sure someone can upload the correct files.

Could indeed be, since my last version was on a hdd which was defect in the past. I will open a help thread for this.

Several people have been working to bring you the Swedish East Indiaman. As Sweden doesn't exist in the game except in "Woodes Rogers" or as a choice of Personal flag, the ship is just "East Indiaman" in the game and available to pretty well everyone except Holland, who already have their own alternative East Indiaman. I had the relatively minor job of creating the interface picture. But the thing is, whenever my attention is drawn to a nice ship, I can't resist the temptation to steal it:
stealing_indiaman.jpg
The red ship is my Heavy East Indiaman, formerly someone else's Heavy East Indiaman and repainted in Spanish red because I'm routinely pretending to be Spanish for storyline reasons. The ship to the right is the new one. (Scurrying off to the left is a Snow Brig, which I took later.)

Now under my true flag, my big ship leads the prize away:
stolen_indiamen.jpg

I agreed to a temporary privateer career with Britain, so the black had to goseadogs2_0325.jpg

One of my officers didnt... looked so good, she was a bit .. distraught xDseadogs2_0326.jpg

And the last one, a big nope after I joined the Brotherhood againseadogs2_0329.jpg

Which character model was that, @Pillat?
How come all your officers were sitting down at the same time?
Is that a main quest scene?

Ah, that one might indeed be a bit of a special one that cannot actually sit properly.

BTW: As you can see on the Wicked Wench, I am using a merchant english flag, even if I had a LoM. I noticed that this has to do with if the ship has the HMS prefix. It is not deletable nor able to add. So my Black Pearl now is HMS Black Pearl while the Endeavour stays Endeavour and flies this red flag.

A LoM is indeed coded to add the prefix.
It is possible to disable navy behaviour for specific ships through code.
You could do that for the Pearl, if you want.

Shouldn't it be enabled for the Endeavour/Dauntless?:confused: If I could just get rid of the HMS prefix it would be fine. The navy blue flag looks cool and I am always disappointed if the game doesn't recognize it for a new ship.

Navy flag and HMS prefix are linked.

You get them if you're a Naval Officer OR Privateer.
Only exception is for specific non-navy ships, such as the Wicked Wench and Endeavour (remember, she's an EITC ship!).
You can easily add extra such exceptions in ships_init.c .

It isn't added for Dauntless either because I'm no fan of adding plenty of exceptions if it can be avoided.
If there's no exception, then it it depends on what the player is doing in the game instead of being ship specific.

Yes that was a main quest scene from standard storyline.
It was the BeatriceA character model.
Can you post a savegame from before you and Beatrice went to the tavern to sit down? The "BeatriceA" model uses the "Beatrice.ani" animation file which has no "sit" setting. I want to see if that model will work with one of the other animation files which does have "sit" settings, or if it's possible to add them to "Beatrice.ani".

Back