• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

That'd be awesome, @Grey Roger! :cheers
If you think that's awesome, you're going to love this...

The Speightstown Ladies' Guild Meeting is now in session:
tavern_women1.jpg

Miss Applegate, what are you doing? Put your clothes back on! ... Oh well, close enough:
tavern_women2.jpg

Meanwhile, in Port au Prince, Contre-Amiral Beauregard has finally decided to be a gentleman:
townhall.jpg

New thread in "Build Testing List" so other players can try this out:
Medium Priority - Changed female animations | PiratesAhoy!

I would say that it's more realistic than before. If you hire a female officer or appoint her as governor, that may be unrealistic but it's your choice. At least the visible consequences of that choice should now be realistic, namely that what should be sitting in the tavern or on the governor's seat is a female figure rather than a disorganised splat. :p

Quite quiet the last days here.. lets change that!

I tried a few storylines and I especially got stuck at Assassin and Ardent. In both storylines I now have my new favourite (normal) ship - the Heavy Pinnace of War (still behind the Black Pearl :p ).
The Marigot Fort Commander surely was frightened when seeing this:
seadogs2_0331.jpg seadogs2_0334.jpg Two huge spanish war Galleons, I think they wanted to greet the newest privateer Captain for Spain (Assassin Storyline) :D

And I encountered a I guess rare bug: I switched to shipdeck on Open Sea, at the moment the game decided to call "Land-Ho" in directsail mode, which resulted in a ninja ship:seadogs2_0336.jpg I couldnt do anything anymore in this situation, and as you can see, Interface was not showing up either, so killing ENGINE.exe was the only way out here

Wow, that's a rare one indeed! I think I only ever managed that while messing around with my game code.

Quite quiet the last days here.. lets change that!

I tried a few storylines and I especially got stuck at Assassin and Ardent.
Where did you get stuck? I may be able to help with "Assassin", and "Ardent" is mine so if anything is going wrong with it then I want to know!

Oh sorry, bad english here I guess xD I meant that I really enjoyed them and couldn't stop to play ;)

But, in Ardent I have a little tip: Add that you might listen around in Port Royale in the kidnap quest.. I spent hours in Santiago trying to figure out how to kidnap Donna

There's a problem in that originally I wrote storyline-specific dialog files for various characters, then was persuaded that putting storyline dialog into common dialog files was a much better idea. Unfortunately the original storyline-specific files are still embedded in the game installer, which means when you install the game, you get the obsolete files.

Go into "PROGRAM\Storyline\Ardent\DIALOGS" and delete the following files:
  • blaze_dialog.c
  • Charles Windem_dialog.c
  • Pedro Fructoso_dialog.c
  • Pedro Fructoso_dialog_orig.c
  • Rodrigo Ramos_dialog.c
  • Santiago citizen_dialog.c
Also go into the "ENGLISH" subfolder and delete their .h equivalents.

The problem here is that Pedro Fructoso should have set an attribute which would allow you to talk to the governor of Santiago about the proposed wedding, but if the old dialog files are in place then he probably set the wrong one - I had to rename it when I moved his storyline dialog into the common file. So you probably never got to ask the governor if you could congratulate Donna Lucia on her engagement, which would have put an entry into your questbook including exactly the hint you suggested. ("Donna" is the daughter's title, not her name. ;))

Meanwhile, here's part of what I've been working on - a combat-intensive chapter to be titled "The Battle of Isla Mona". This is the big fight scene. The Indians are on your side, so remember to go back to the village and thank the chief for their assistance...
mona_passage_battle.jpg

seadogs2_0340.jpg seadogs2_0348.jpg seadogs2_0354.jpg seadogs2_0357.jpg seadogs2_0361.jpg seadogs2_0363.jpg Just the normal day of a privateer captain, you know, raiding enemy nation merchants and stuff :D Got lucky and caught a pretty fast Bellona Class (faster than my Pinnace :O ! ), which is now my new Flagship ;)

This is how Sir Edward Pellew and Lady Barbara Wellesley look at the moment:
old_pellew_barbara.jpg

And these are my new versions:
pellew_barbara.jpg

Close-ups:
pellew2.jpg screenshot_new.jpg

As usual, distortions when the texture is applied to the model mean the faces didn't quite turn out the same as the originals. Even so, I reckon this...
interface.jpg
... looks more like this...
screenshot_new.jpg
... than this...
screenshot_original.jpg

That is REALLY very good, @Grey Roger! :woot

Nobody ever bothered to try and get those textures to resemble their characters at all.
We literally made those "models" by making a carbon-copy of existing ones and giving them a custom portrait for the sake of "pretend variety".

This is so much better! :onya

Can anyone suggest a use for this guy?
Blood_TDM_PoTC.jpg
I created that as a by-product of something I was doing for someone else. He's based on a model from CoAS, but with the texture adapted to fit the "will" type model in PoTC. At the moment I'm thinking of assigning him as another Spanish noble, as an alternative to "hub_spa3" who seems to turn up all over the place. Or he could be Portuguese as they have hardly any "huber" nobleman character models at all.

He doesn't look quite as evil as the original. This is where I got him. The face doesn't look the same on the PoTC model, but it will do.

I wasn't planning to have the model tied to a specific storyline, though of course he could be used in one as well as being available for other purposes. Possibly make him Milady's officer, or make him a Free Play character in his own right.

He doesn't look quite as evil as the original.
His blackness does give a hint of evil. To me, anyway, because he made me think of the Count of Rochefort from the Four Musketeers:
4b9f6903554e1a7fb9a3e35eb8f3065c.jpg

I wasn't planning to have the model tied to a specific storyline, though of course he could be used in one as well as being available for other purposes.
Just wanted to think of a good use for him, where people will likely get to see him.

Possibly make him Milady's officer, or make him a Free Play character in his own right.
We have to be careful with not adding too many Free Play characters to the default line-up.
Otherwise we'll end up with the situation that @LarryHookins didn't like so much in the GoF Eras mod.

Right now the only thing making Milady de Winter "unique" from a gameplay point of view is that she starts out with the worst reputation possible.
But of course that isn't really an advantage (more like the opposite!), so giving her a good companion officer to compensate might not be such a bad idea.
Up to you though. :doff

Back