• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

:pflagNow... bring me that horizon, I got another 10 years before I make my next port. :rofl
View attachment 34719

horizon.png

The "Ardent" storyline gets an extension. After receiving your rewards for defeating the Dauphin Royale, go and visit the admiral in Havana, who has a new job for you:
briefing.jpg

The stakes become clearer when you find out who the envoy is:
introduction.jpg

The first significant trouble is when, while sailing from San Juan to Santo Domingo, you're intercepted by a French squadron (exact composition depends on your chosen difficulty level and what's in your fleet at the time):
french_ambush1.jpg

Then someone attempts to kidnap the envoy in Santo Domingo:
kidnap_attempt.jpg

If you're quick, you might prevent that attempt, in which case the kidnapper switches to his backup plan. One way or another, he'll get the job done. All you can do is tell the admiral what happened, and he is not happy...
arrested.jpg

... especially when he finds out that you're responsible for the kidnap! :shock
youdunnit1.jpg youdunnit2.jpg

With some help this time, you escape from jail. But all your officers are still under arrest and your ships have been impounded. Now on the run, with only a little barque, you must find out who really took the envoy, and why, if you are to clear your name...

I almost forgot this game had an Xbox release. Still looks good to this day! :keith

How well does it play with a controller?

How well does it play with a controller?
Quite well actually, your camera is restricted to go up and down or left and right and not both for some reason but other than that pretty well.

The game uses less buttons than New Horizons, so the controller doesn't get cluttered and the menus on PotC where designed for Xbox. (without New Horizons you have to even click letters to type and not write with the keyboard)

Looking good, @Grey Roger! I get the impression that you're really making a nice pirate/privateer type story.
Your description kind-of makes me think of Errol Flynn movies. :cheeky

At the other end of the seapower spectrum, my lugger engages a Dutch "Castell Friedrichsburg":
venus1.jpg

In theory the brigantine thoroughly outguns and outmans the lugger. The lugger's only advantage is agility, which I exploit to the maximum, staying in its port forward quarter where its guns can't touch me. (This is easier than I thought because I'd forgotten that the "Castell Friedrichsburg" has no bow chasers, so it can't hit me if I'm anywhere in the forward arc.) After being peppered with grapeshot for a while, it eventually gives up.

In the background is a small barque, companion to the brigantine. That one does manage to get a few shots into me, but doesn't do much harm, and becomes my next target when the brigantine has surrendered.

And this is my special fast war galleon. I was "sailing" this, in a manner of speaking, before anyone had ever heard of PoTC, including Akella and Disney, and probably before anyone had ever heard of Akella.
fsgal5_aft4.jpg

Here's the original:
painting.jpg

I am using these three guys as officers in WoodesRogers2. The two first by me earlier.
Pyle off1.jpg
Now they need to pass as english officers/soldiers (at least in the dark).
Pyle off2.jpg
I have used the three tricks: switch heads, add extra things and retexture.

Back