1. Dismiss Notice
  2. GOG.com logo

Thanks to YOUR votes, GOG.com now sells:
    - Sea Dogs - Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales
    - Sea Dogs: City of Abandoned Ships

Vote now to add Pirates of the Caribbean to the list!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Under the Crossbones Podcast

A Pirate Podcast with Interviews
    Music, Comedy and all things Pirate!

- Episode Guide - About - Subscribe -
    - Twitter - Facebook - iTunes - Android -
    - Youtube - Fill the Coffers -

Dismiss Notice
  4. New Horizons logo

Quick links for PotC: New Horizons
    - Download latest version
    - Wiki - FAQ - Report bugs here
    - ModDB profile

5. GOF logo

Quick links for AoP2: Gentlemen of Fortune 2
    - Downloads and info
    - Historical Immersion Supermod
    - ModDB Profile

Dismiss Notice
New to the forum?
Please take a moment to read our Welcome Message and Forum Rules.

screenshots thread

Discussion in 'Sea Dogs: City of Abandoned Ships' started by Ben Coats, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Hylie Pistof

Hylie Pistof Curmudgeon Staff Member QA Tester Storm Modder

Ok on topic, my 2 frigates got chased into Tortuga by a 4 ship pirate fleet. As it turned out Tortuga had been captured not too long ago and the fort was still pretty beat up. So a battle ensued! :pirate41:

Long story short I captured two larger ships that had larger crews than I had and I ended up with five ships at the end. One got away.

start 2015-07-07 16-44-34-72.jpg start 2015-07-07 16-47-30-52.jpg start 2015-07-07 16-50-12-75.jpg start 2015-07-07 16-50-25-64.jpg

2. Hylie Pistof

This armor doesn't fit well at all.
    start 2015-07-10 21-12-27-92.jpg

3. A.H

A.H Privateer

LOL looks like a counselling session for pregnant women putting the bag on and viewing themselves on how they'd look like 9 months later :rofl

Moreorless it's nice that armor shows.. when I played GOF, the armor never appeared on me nor my officers

4. Hylie Pistof

This is the only character that I have tried that does show the armor. I'm only wearing it for the Tenochitlan quest.

5. Hylie Pistof

The Castel F1 is my favorite ship right now as she handles these weird waves better than just about any other ship, but 16 cannons just isn't enough. I hit level 40 and the game kicked it up a notch and now if there isn't a friendly fort close by I'm shark bait. I'm getting out gunned and out manned 3-4 to 1 now.

The La Licorne is probably the best all around ship I have seen in this game so far, although some of the frigates are pretty good in these waves too.

start 2015-06-17 20-59-07-97.jpg start 2015-07-16 09-09-11-79.jpg

6. alan_smithee

alan_smithee Corsair Storm Modder

No screenshots but I had a memorable time yesterday fraught with danger and gold.

I got a quest from one of the pirate captains to kill a bunch of Dutch soldiers and steal their gold. The first time I did it, I only had enough cargo space for 100 of the 430 units of gold I netted, so I reloaded an older save and spent some time gathering more ships, which I had to accomplish within the 17-day time window. After a whole lot of trial and error I finally had a small fleet, finally survived the battle, but there was still the getaway, which was a tense chase with some Spanish ships on my heels.

I was well ahead but I needed all three of my ships to reach a safe distance, and wasn't sure if the Spanish would be able catch me in time. I also didn't have enough firepower to fight back because I lost most of my crew in the last boarding action and dumped all my cannonballs to make more room for gold. Plus it was hardcore mode so I wasn't fully in the clear till I reached a friendly port.

In the end I made off with all but about 50 units of the gold, and earned over $100,000.

Pieter Boelen and Hylie Pistof like this.