• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ship Pack Updates

Armada

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Project Manager
3D Artist
Storm Modder
Ahoy everyone. :gday

I have recently realised that many people still don't know about the Christmas Ship Pack! :facepalm
I blame myself for a lack of advertising, but the next ship pack will be available on ModDB as well as here.

So if you have not yet found this pack, you can download it here.
It contains new and improved ship models, as well as the Interface Screenshots Mod.
It is truly essential if you wish to experience the latest model updates... ;)

Soon I plan to release a second version under a new name, with added content. This will most likely be within the next few weeks.
However, that is dependant on my free time, and how soon any recent WIP ship models can be finished.
Either way, expect an update fairly soon.

Update: 2nd March
The next ship pack's WIP details have been released here. Apologies for not notifying you sooner. :eek:ops2

Update: 7th May
We are currently testing the new ship pack, and expect to release it fairly soon.
Please follow the link above to see how the contents list has changed.

Regards,

Armada. :cheers

Yes, the Christmas Ship Pack is a necessity for everyone. :bow

Could this notice be pinned until it is no longer needed?

Experienced Captain, do i have your permission to Re-texture the Endeavour?

With best regards
Meyer189 :onya

Last time I checked, you didn't need my permission for anything...
Do what you want with it- you could post some pics here afterwards, if you want to propose a better texture. :yes

Last time I checked, you didn't need my permission for anything...
Do what you want with it- you could post some pics here afterwards, if you want to propose a better texture. :yes

Thanks, i am a modder on Nexus for Oblivion, Fallout 3/Nv so its a habbit to ask for permission for editing of others uploaded files ;)

How do i post JPEG pics?

With Best regards
Meyer189 :keith

Ah, I see. Well here, as long as your ideas are approved by others, it's fine to change/build upon others' work.
Unless you literally steal someone's work and claim it as your own. That's really the only exception. :shrug

To post images:
On the post reply toolbar, find the 'Insert image' button, and browse to the one you want to upload.
Then, click 'Add to post' once it has uploaded. :onya

Ah, I see. Well here, as long as your ideas are approved by others, it's fine to change/build upon others' work.
Unless you literally steal someone's work and claim it as your own. That's really the only exception. :shrug

To post images:
On the post reply toolbar, find the 'Insert image' button, and browse to the one you want to upload.
Then, click 'Add to post' once it has uploaded. :onya

hehe, i diddly didn't find out about the URL thing in insert photo, but here are the pics

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii35/Jordmoren/EndeavourStern.jpg

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii35/Jordmoren/Endeavour.jpg

With best regards
Meyer189 :onya

Ah, I meant to say to click 'Attach Files' rather than 'Insert image', that way you don't need a URL. :facepalm
Anyway, looks like you made her less brown and more black, right? Looks good! :onya

If you do want to ask anyone for permission, ask Pgargon who modeled her.

As for changing the colour to being more black, although that is more movie-accurate I like her being brownish.
The reason is that we've also got the Victory that is close to being the same model (but not quite) and is black.
So I like the Endeavour being brownish just so you can see the difference a little better.
But that might just be me. :shrug

Update: I've added a link to the WIP details of the next ship pack. See first post.

Ahoy mates. :gday

Sorry I've been so quiet here lately... I've been busy getting the new ship pack ready... and it's very close to release!

Please see here for the latest update, and then read the first post of that thread for the contents list.
As you'll see there, I need some guinea pigs for testing the pack's initial release.
Please tell me if you'd like to help out, but you MUST have the Xmas pack for the test version to work.

More news on the final release will be here soon. :dance

I've updated the first post to notify you that we are testing the new ship pack, and it will soon be ready for public release.
Follow the link given there to see the latest contents list.
That's all for now. More news when the pack has been released! :doff

Any thoughts on the default ship to be used if the code cannot choose a ship? We could make it a random selection of a few ships too.

Any thoughts on the default ship to be used if the code cannot choose a ship? We could make it a random selection of a few ships too.
I'm stumped on what to choose. :shrug A selection of some ships would be considerably better, though.
Without that, the poor victim chosen to be the 'default' ship would quickly lose popularity... you'd see it and think "Oh no, not that thing again!". :facepalm

Why not make it a class of ships, like all of the class 5 ships? Not too big and not too small.

Back