• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ship Pack Updates

I'll probably leave for sea again in about a week, so before that would be nice.

Not yet in Patch 6 are:
Caravela_Redonda_1.00
Derfflinger_1.00
DutchPinnace_1.00
PinnaceBerlin_1.00

That should be fine; I'll try to do them over the weekend.
Just thinking about the clean-up, do we want any of these ships to replace any older ones, or to just be additions for now?

Just additions for now. We can do the cleanup later. I probably won't manage to release Beta 2 this week, so it'll be next holiday for me.

See attached file: I replaced the emtpy sea texture with a screenshot to better match the ship screenshots now in use.
Armada or anyone else, please feel free to do a better job.
Also, would anyone be able to make a new, better and higher resolution "empty/no ship" texture?

Nice job; that's a much more suitable texture! I've just tested it with the old interface pics, and they look fine with this new texture as well. :onya
All I would say is the border looks a bit thin, and originally I thought the whole thing was too bright, but it looked fine in-game.

About the 'Blank ship' texture, I'm sure I could have a go at something better, but here's the dilemma: should it be the ship only, or the background as well?
If I use the standard screenshot method, then using the ship alone would cut off the underwater hull, making it look strange in interfaces where it stands alone (without the empty sea texture).
Conversely, if I include a background, then your new texture won't be visible anywhere (I think). :eek:ops
Also, should we decide on a 'generic' model to take the screenshot of? I could then desaturate the hull colours, like the current texture, to make it look 'blank'.

The border on my file is indeed a bit dodgy; you could probably do a better job sourced from your actual ship screenshot files.
You'd be welcome to make the empty ship picture with background; I don't care if my file is not seen, as long as we get something better than we've got.

hell...o :rolleyes:

how many ship pack are realized for beta 1 patch 6 ? i havent installed any pack at the moment. :wp

i understood the old xmas pack works with the patch 6 but is there other ones ? :drunk

:bow

Pieter and Armada know best what is in patch 6. :bow

It includes the Christmas ship pack plus much more. There are new ships as well as upgraded older ships. The list of things done is quite large.

In fact, go here and read all about it. You want this. http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/15382-build-14-beta-1/page__view__findpost__p__394024

i understood that the xmas pack is in (i was not sure), btw i didnt see it in the list of teh patch that i regulary read, thats why i asked ;-)

Any objections to unpinning this thread to clean up the amount of stickies on this forum?
Technically all ship pack updates are included in Beta 2.

Same as the other thread: unpin it for now, and I can always revive it in future if need be.

Done. Do you know why there's two in different forums? Should we merge them?

Back