• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ship Upgrade

Since you can't see ingame what ship models are based on what real/movie ships, I reckon that's something that could go in the descriptions.

But speaking of Endeavour, I seem to recall matching that one up with the Dauntless recently
Yes, my bad. I probably thought of something else.
Since you can't see ingame what ship models are based on what real/movie ships, I reckon that's something that could go in the descriptions.
I'll try as long as I will be aware of that ;)

Sorry for delay, I was short on time and wasted most of it on exploring files :D I figured since Im already here I'll gather some info on ships stats (like the fact, that HMS bounty and Edinburgh use 4 cannons models but fire from 14)
First descriptions are done (Willemstad Builders notes come in handy)

There's no time restrictions; I'm impressed that you've already managed something! :woot
Plus, mentioning which real-life ships some models are based on seems a really good idea to me.
I'll probably take a look at your work tomorrow sometime, if I can.

I'll probably take a look at your work tomorrow sometime, if I can.
But it was just a screen ;) but here you go. To bad there is so little space for description. I barely finished schooners, and the only unique ship (except for Bartolomeu's caravel) was Bounty.

Note that it requires reenabling descriptions in PROGRAM\INTERFACE\shipyard.c its suppose to work in cheatmode, but it didnt for me.

If you have more suggestions I'd glad to hear them before further writing ;)

Attachments

• ShipModels_descriptions.txt
    9.8 KB · Views: 147
Err, what does "wanniond" mean?
'Cursed' I believe. Ok, I'll change that ;)

So the Who... I mean, Hooker is fishing boat, probably something to do with hooks? But it is somewhat heavy for a fishermen. It has stats of war schooner.
And are the cursed ships from authentic legends? We all know Dutchman and Black Pearl, but what about cursed corvette and caravel?

Thanks a lot for working on this, mate! :woot

The cursed ships are just stock game models that somebody decided to "cursify".
Not based on anything real. :no

I need little help here.
First of all: what would you call THAT colour? Coral? Salmon-ish?
There are two models of US Enterprise. But in history of US Navy there was LOTS of ships with that name.
Also two models of Sophie are in game and again I dont know to which historical (or fictonal) ships I should reffer.
Is Edinburg (that looks like retextured Bounty) a historical ship?
Mordaunt is 58-gun vessel. Is it suppose to be the same HMS Mordaunt that wiki refers to?
I also wanned to make sure: is it normal that hull of xebec3 looks moorish to me and xebecCT looks nordic? (HERE they are)
I have hard time finding information on HMS Sirius so Im still not sure if wiki's only HMS Sirius is the one (the flagship of the First Fleet)

Other than that I'm almost done, so you'll be able to tell me how bad is it soon ;)

Well, let's see if I can help. :hmm

The hooker1 is a square sail schooner. Definitely a fighting ship. Small, fast, and maneuverable.

I'm no good at colors. Redwood? :))

I don't know about the Enterprise or Sophie.
Here is a link to the Sophie. http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/15469-jack-aubreys-first-own-ship-the-hms-sophie/page__view__findpost__p__359209__hl__sophie__fromsearch__1

Here is a link to the Enterprise. http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/15907-uss-enterprise-1799/page__view__findpost__p__367017__hl__enterprise__fromsearch__1

It seems there was already a version of both of these ships in PotC when the new ones were created, so there are two of each.

The Bounty came first and then the edinburg was created from it. http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/12160-h-m-s-bounty/page__view__findpost__p__321474__hl__edinburg__fromsearch__1

The xebec was a Mediterranean ship unsuited to the open ocean. It was used by Greeks, Moors, Italians, Spaniards, and who knows who else. They are pretty colorful.

The Siruis is a very low rez VCO ship destined for the breakers.

I'm no good at colors. Redwood? :))
Woman said brown. I'd trust woman with colours :D

So when it comes to double unique ships I didnt mention anythign special in first models, but put some description to the new models.

So what do you think?

Attachments

21.2 KB · Views: 132
You might want to mention that the Lugger VML is one of the best detailed ships in PotC with a working compass beside the wheel. :woot

Now that is a special attribute worth mentioning! :yes

Edinburg is the Edinburg Trader from PotC: Dead Man's Chest. The HMS Bounty was a stand-in for that merchant ship in the movie.

Edinburg is the Edinburg Trader from PotC: Dead Man's Chest. The HMS Bounty was a stand-in for that merchant ship in the movie.

Speaking of those two, despite being damn near identical the bounty version sails significantly better than the other - quicker y acceleration (double) and can sail 265 vs 295 to the wind.

Another update.
This time it's more like coop with Experienced Captain

Attachments

22.5 KB · Views: 135
Not at all sure why that would be. :wacko:

Its a very simple fix, I just wanted to know if that was intended or if the bounty was meant to be more special or something.

I can obviously make them identical in my game but if theres not much reason for the difference maybe it should be fixed in the main build too

Its a very simple fix, I just wanted to know if that was intended or if the bounty was meant to be more special or something.

I can obviously make them identical in my game but if theres not much reason for the difference maybe it should be fixed in the main build too
Concerning Bounty and Edinburgh, I think there should be some differences, since they are naval and trade vessels respectively.
Things like cargo space go without saying, but also the Edinburgh should have less crew, hull strength, and possibly less speed and manoeuvrability.

hmm... but rigging is exactly the same. War vessel will have heavier guns and more of them, also more crew and heavier hull. Therefore trader with empty hold will be faster, but will loose its advantage if you fill it with cargo.

Back