• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ships Ported Over From POTC

I think i may know where i was going wrong i will retest the Batavia1 to see mean while the Batavia 2 does work here's a picture of her.

Update:
Nope the problem is still there with Batavia1, at least Batavia2 works though. :will

Luke, I think its great you got Batavia2 to work. She looks great! I just ported the Mordaunt1. Followed your and all others instructions to the letter. ENGINE will not run now. Gonna do a reinstall and try it again. This is not as simple as everyone made it sound. :modding

MK

Hey luke there is a small issue with your cutter file: the texture file associated to the gm cutter file must be renamed "bortoutcutter1.tga.tx" instead of his current neam (cutter1.tga) otherwise texture won't appear ingame.

Also on the shnyeva sailors go through the cabin and through textures so the moving area of sailor points should be slightly reduced.

Great work by the way :onya

Sorry to hear that MK, i agree its not as easy as it sounds. I've had problems with four or five ships which i gace up on. The Bermsloop 256 i ported into the game which is ment to have something like 22 cannons, i thourght it would be a nivce upgrade for the smaller Bermsloop which only has 8 cannons. When i loaded COAS and saw the ship it was the Bermsloop with 8 cannons model so i uninstalled it, if you want to see if its something your doing wrong you could try that ship out yourself. :onya

Thanks nixarass i will have to edit that, as for the sailorpoints/walk file i have to convert most of them still. I left them out because i didn't have the time. Hopefully sometime next week i will be able to port a few walk files over. ;)

After converting the Indiaman's walk file i found it wasn't working and none of the current sailorpoints files work either so that means i will have to learn how to make a walk file for the POTC version of the Indiaman and then convert it to COAS sailorspoints file. Hopefully that will work just need to find tutorials on making walk files now.:(

Thanks nixarass i will have to edit that, as for the sailorpoints/walk file i have to convert most of them still. I left them out because i didn't have the time. Hopefully sometime next week i will be able to port a few walk files over. ;)

Oh ok i didn't know that. No problem dude in this case that's not a hurry. I know what is to lack time so let it for now, sooner or later i will have to learn to edit those sailor points files and will correct it :onya

Nixarass brings up an intersting point on the GM file. You notice that many of the primary texture files that we put in the INI folders are way bigger than all the rest. It seems like the average file size is 171KB. I think I may need to rename some of the textures so they work as well. The main texture file for Mordaunt is 10MB and it's called hmsmourdaunt1. With Batavia it is VOCBAT and is 5MB. According to the instructions everyone has posted you need to put the name of the primary texture file in Program\Ships\"Ships_init" file and RESOURCE\INI\texts\russian\common However the texture file doesn't match the name of the ship in these cases or the the case NIXARASS brings up. I also noticed that the very first GM file is not only named the same as the ship, but also the same size as all the other textures in the RESOURCE/MODELS/Ships. Just for fun I think I'm going to convert it to see what happens. :shrug Wish I had a modder to come over and look over my shoulder. Probably gonna bother one of my guys from work soon.

I'm starting to really get tired of this. I think I'm gonna download all the ships you got in Luke and play the game tonight. One other comment I need to make /question to ask.... Luke I noticed that the hit points were quite high in the ships you imported. Were you just using the ones that came from POTC (which are higher than COAS) or were you editing these to live in the Real Time Battle Light Mod? If so, we may want to make two copies or put a read me in that tells someone playing the ship in the vanilla game or non-Luke modded game that they need to edit the hps to bring them down to the other ships in the game. I personally like them high, but guys loading these into the regular game are gonna have really tough ships.

You're doing great things Luke. :onya I think the moderators should elevate you to modder status.

V/R MK

Hey MK, i'm just raring the ships i've ported over so that i can upload them all in a bundal mod which is a one time install. It should only take about 5 or so minutes to upload hopefully and then i will add the download link to the first post.

I will have a look at this Mordaunt, the Batavia1 was puzzling it seems you find the ships that are challanging lol, it would be nice for a modder to drop in and help explain why some ships are harder to port over or way's to get those ships into COAS.

Like you said at least Batavia2 is now in the game, a shame its not Batavia1 and that it wasn't ported over by you. I know its frustrating to spend so much time on a ship and then to give up or find another model of it works fine.

I would love to get the Dauntless, Victory and Endevour into COAs but i can't, well i can get them into the game but they have things missing and you can't walk on the ships, the Victory i downloaded replaces the default ManoWar and i don't want to replace any ships, although that Victory worked it had some texture problems, perhaps missing TGA files or a currupt file.

Ok this will take a little longer than expected, if you can't wait MK, download the Batavia2 and then you only need to add some files since all the files you would normally have to edit won't need to be done, ie ship_init, ship discriptions, BattleInterface etc etc, the only files you would need to add would be the following for all ships.

In RESOURCE\MODELS\Ships add all the ship models and there sailorpoints files.

In RESOURCE\Textures\Ships add all ships model texture folders.

In RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\SHIPS add all ships TGA files.

That is it all the ships are in the game, but you would need to install the Batavia2 files first, after that you would not need to replace or add edit any files. :onya

Thanks Luke, I have been downloading all the ones you posted. Looking forward to your bundled download. Yeah take a look at Mordaunt. Tell me how you're going to edit the hmsmordaunt1 tga. Will you rename it Mordaunt1? Something Maggee said ealier just hit me. He said if you change the names make certain they have the same number of characters. I think this may be where I went wrong. I don't have the mental energy left at this point to go back in and give it another try. Maybe tomorrow. I want to play the game now with all the great ships you've added.

Thank you again for all your effort Luke. :onya MK

Thanks MK. :onya I've missed playing COAs because all my sparetime has been spent porting ships over i haven't played the game at all, i've sailed the ships out of port but thats all and that was to see how they looked.

I've installed Mordaunt1 and have noticed its actuall name is H.M.S. Mordaunt, i use to edit the ships TGA files to be the same as the ships name so in this case it would be h.m.s.mordaunt.tga however had it been called Mordaunt i would have deleted the hms part from the tga file, i did this with a few ships but i've re-edited them so they have the full names for there tga files due to some problems. As you said Maggee pointed out any files edited need to be edited in hex code aswell which i have no clue on how to do that and they need to be the same amount of characters. :modding

Finally the combined ship mod is uploaded. :will

I have just ported another ship over, this one is some what weird, nice but weird. Not sure who made her but when your walking on on deck the layout looks different but you walk as if onboard the Corvette, what i mean is the stairs are where the Corvette's are but the ships layout has the stairs else where you can't walk from left to right of the ships because the Corvette has a boat in the centre which isn't there on the Lydia or at least you can't see it but you can sure as to hell not walk through it. Basically this ship has been created using the Corvette as a base structor but the base structor hasn't been changed to match the new structor if you get my meaning. Not to worry you just have to imagine your walking onboard a Corvette if you ever use her that way you will know where the stairs are and that there is a boat in the centre of the deck lol. Here are some pictures of the Lydia.

Luke, Could you keep posting the individual links as you get them done? :will I got your bundled download before I could get this new one. It's Very nice and I'd like to have it too. Go ahead and do the Mordaunt if you want. I've given up on it for today. The La Licorne is also a nice one.

V/R MK

Is that chick not just the hottest thing in the game...looks good from any view! ;)

Yep no problem bud, its uploading now. :onya

You will obviously have to copy all the files over but all the ships already uploaded are already in the files its easier to do it like this than add a ship and overwirte it with a new one while making a combined package of all the ships at least all that has to be done is the ships folders and tga and sailorpoints files to be moved over. I have included the character rpg file so you can look at it as a starting ship.

Oh i tried the Mordaunt and i had to give up, it wouldn't work. Kept crashing at the splash screen while waiting for it to load the harbour, obviously a texture problem.:modding

I have a few other ships i want to port over, funny enough the La Licorne is one of them lol, in total i think its another 3 or 4 ships but that could change after i look at the POTC ship_init file as it so often does.xD:

That is the one thing I hate about porting ships into CoAS the sailpoints ;)

I wish there was a program to do it all for you xD:

Oh BTW are you giving credit to the shipmakers in a readme file Luke? (for the ones that were made by modders ;))

That is the one thing I hate about porting ships into CoAS the sailpoints ;)

I wish there was a program to do it all for you xD:

Oh BTW are you giving credit to the shipmakers in a readme file Luke? (for the ones that were made by modders ;))

Yep if only there was an easier way to make sailorpoints files, but maybe when the real work starts on COAs a program will be created. :will

Well i haven't added any readme files in the single ships and the combined mod is only what i have ported over at the moment, i figured when all the ships have been ported over i could gather all the information and add it all in the readme file, obviously i wasn't trying to take any credit for there work i just want like so many other's to see these ships once again and it helps the modders out its one less thing they'll have to do, that means the focus can be on other area's. :onya

Here you go MK, you wanted her here she is, the La Licorne. I have to admit she looks alot nicer than i thourght, i will be using this ship in my main game when i buy/capture her. :will

See first post for link

Nice!!! :onya Again, You ARE the man Luke. When I looked at her files with my 3d viewer without texture I thought she resembled the Arabella. Now I see she is a beautiful reskin of her. Can't wait to see her in the game. :dance MK

Nice!!! :onya Again, You ARE the man Luke. When I looked at her files with my 3d viewer without texture I thought she resembled the Arabella. Now I see she is a beautiful reskin of her. Can't wait to see her in the game. :dance MK

Is she, i don't know i've not sailed the Arabella so i wouldn't know. If she is then that means copy the sailorpoints file somewhere and rename it La Licorne and move it back to the sailorpoints folder you should be asked if you wish to overwrite the exsisting file obviously yes to that.

I might give it a day or two's rest and just play the game and see these increddible ships sailing around the caribbean, i have a few more ships in mind to port over. I think i'll make a list of ships that had problems been ported over such as not letting you load the harbour or texture problems after a successfully porting them over the HMS Victory is one to list there, Just like the Batavia1 is one to list in not been able to port her over.

Thank you MK for your kind words, i know how badly it is to see the ships in POTC and not be able to use them in COAS. Thats why i started trying to port them over, and to help the modders out, obviously i won't be able to port all of them over but if i can port most of them over its less work for them later on. Hopefully when you have another try at porting a ship over it goes well and you get to sail the new addition to COAS without any problems.

One thing i'm thinking of doing is replacing the War Galleon with the other War Galleon, the difference is the current ship has 40 guns which is only 4 guns more than the heavy galleon, while the other war galleon has 56 guns some 20 guns more than the heavy galleon.:shock :will I've already tried to port the other war galleon over but it wouldn't work which makes me wounder if its a conflict problem with the current war galleon in COAS?

I might give this a try tomorrow, i need to rest i'm already falling asleep as it is. :modding

Back