• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ships Ported Over From POTC

Just wait 'till CM sees this little neat pack... :keith
Seen it ;)

Nice little pack indeed, if only storylines were as easy to port

Good start though

EDIT: Just added Luke to the group modders

Wow i didn't expect to be added to the modder's group thank you Captain Maggee. :onya And thank you MK and SuperChango. :will

I'm working on a few more ships to port over, but first i'm, testing the game out with the new ships and RTBL and i'm having alot of fun. :keith :cheers

Excellent!!! :will

Any indications on how many downloads are occuring for the RBTL and the Luke ported ships Ubermod of awesomeness?

MK

Let me just check, 11 downloads so far, seems there are more people trying this mod out than i thourght. :will

Here's the details
Uploaded 12/06/2009 | 552.87 KB | 11 Downloads

Luke and all fans of the Luke Ubermod, I have gone through and fine tuned the waterlines of all ships that needed it. About two thirds of all the ships needed either major changes or fine tuning. I viewed every ship from shore and under sail from multiple third person views. When I was unsure I consulted my extensive library for paintings and other examples. There were several ships that required major changes. Many of the smaller craft including xebecs sit much higher now. A lot of the larger vessels sit lower. The most dramatic change was the large black War Galeon that is reminiscent of an early transitional Portuguese Galeon that still has many leftover attributes from the earlier Carracks. These ships sat very low amidships. I think it looks tons better! :yes For that matter I was amazed at how many of the ships look much better after tweaking them. :b: Anyway, very rewarding in that I can now start a new game and have all the amazing ships Luke ported over exactly as I want them.

Here's the file if anyone is interested. Hopefully this will stop any complaints about ships being too low or too high:

EDIT: New file posted taking into account ship waterlines loaded and unloaded.

Now its time for me to play!!!! :woot

MK

Do I lie brother??? LOL, This is just one wall. :dance

In addition to this time consuming hobby, I am writing a couple of books.

I offer myself/services as a free resource to anyone needing historical research in our community to further our piratey obsessions! :woot

MK

Thank you MK. :onya

Its good to have a historical side to the waterlines, some ships didn't sit right but i didn't have the time to search the net to see, thank you for correcting them now. ;)

I offer myself/services as a free resource to anyone needing historical research in our community to further our piratey obsessions! :woot

MK

xD: My collection is small at the moment i have 16 books most are fiction like Masters And Comanders but i picked up one book i over looked the previous time i went shopping, its called Sovereign Of The Sea by David Howarth. I haven't had time to read it yet but it starts from 450 through to 1945. :will

How can i use one of the port over ship the War Galleon as my start ship. When i do i get the black screen
of death or an exe.error and the program to close. The other ship i have with the same problem is the ArabellaShip.
This is the line i add the war galleon to. Any idea is welcome.

pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip((SHIP_Galeonw), 0);

How can i use one of the port over ship the War Galleon as my start ship. When i do i get the black screen
of death or an exe.error and the program to close. The other ship i have with the same problem is the ArabellaShip.
This is the line i add the war galleon to. Any idea is welcome.

pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip((SHIP_Galeonw), 0);

The Arabella isn't a ported ship but i can see your mistake, you are using the wrong name for the SHIP_NAME. you are placing the ships name in the right place though. in ship_init file you will see a line of code that looks like this.
Code:
makeref(refShip,ShipsTypes[SHIP_GALEON]);

Its that code that you need to copy this part of the code from.
Code:
SHIP_GALEON

And enter it into RPGUtilite, so the clode will read as follows.
Code:
pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip((SHIP_GALEON), 0);

And that is the War Galleon you are trying to start the game with. :onya

Thanks Luke for the fast reply.

Dumb, dumb, dumb of me. :):)
How in the H double hockey stick did i put the wrong name.
Time for new glasses. :)

Thanks again :)

Luke et al, Sorry about the earlier file not having the loaded values corrected. I have remedied that. Here is the new Ships init file for waterlines to correct loaded and unloaded values. These look really good. I've spent hours testing and spent the last day playing to verify all was working OK. You will see a noticeable difference on most ships when they are lightly burdened or unloaded and heavily laden. I really like how this turned out and it's been very satisfying to see in action during the last 8 hours of gameplay. Enjoy. :)

http://www.filefront.com/15113797/Ships_init.c

MK

Luke et al, Sorry about the earlier file not having the loaded values corrected. I have remedied that. Here is the new Ships init file for waterlines to correct loaded and unloaded values. These look really good. I've spent hours testing and spent the last day playing to verify all was working OK. You will see a noticeable difference on most ships when they are lightly burdened or unloaded and heavily laden. I really like how this turned out and it's been very satisfying to see in action during the last 8 hours of gameplay. Enjoy. :)

MK

Thanks MK, this will little mod will add some realistic value's to the game and a little eye candy aswell. Keep up the good work bud. :onya

MK

Thanks MK, this will little mod will add some realistic value's to the game and a little eye candy aswell. Keep up the good work bud. :onya

Sorry if this has been mentionned before, but can you confirm that the steps to have all the new ships in game are as follows:

1. Download and paste "Real Time Battle Light Version 1.4" where necessary

2. Download and paste your file on the ship ports (the 830 megs)

3. Download and paste your second file on the ship ports (the 230 megs)

4. Overwrite old files with the "http://www.filefront...97/Ships_init.c"

And that's it im ready to go ?

Thanks and regards,

inquisiteur

MK

OMG !!! lol... I figured you had a big library when you posted the galleon photo in the san martin thread... well i'm not that much of a reader, but i'm curious doh...
Right now my library consists of 1 borrowed book... Birds of Prey, the first of the Courtney saga... wich i've finished last night... can't wait to get the second..

I download the part 1 of the port over ship. Nice job by the way. No problem with the install.
When i start game i get the black screen of death or an error and the program have to shut down.
The file ships_init is the is the cause. Put back old ships_init file the game start right up.
any idea how to find this problem. I even try the file by MK no go the death screen???

I download the part 1 of the port over ship. Nice job by the way. No problem with the install.
When i start game i get the black screen of death or an error and the program have to shut down.
The file ships_init is the is the cause. Put back old ships_init file the game start right up.
any idea how to find this problem. I even try the file by MK no go the death screen???

The ship_init file in the RTBL is with all ships included so you will need to install everything all the ships and the RTBL mod then you can install the ship_init made by MK, that should solve your problems. I'm seriously thinking of uninstalling my COAS and installing it again to test the mod out and make sure all is as it should be and if not then fixing the problem, MK did get it to work by installing everything the way you said above, but you will need to install everything before the gamw will start.

Back