• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ships Ported Over From POTC

Luke, Could it be that he's installing RBTL and Combined on top of vanilla and doesn't have the JScombined mod in place? :shrug

YellowDog, Did you install the JSCombined mods?

MK

Yes i install the JScombined mod. But i got its work now.
I change the cannon back to reg. All the 8 pounder back to 12 and
the 18 pounder back to 16.

Luke, Could it be that he's installing RBTL and Combined on top of vanilla and doesn't have the JScombined mod in place? :shrug

YellowDog, Did you install the JSCombined mods?

MK

Yes he would need the ships that was originally ported over but thats all i didn't install the actaul full JScombined mod.

Yes i install the JScombined mod. But i got its work now.
I change the cannon back to reg. All the 8 pounder back to 12 and
the 18 pounder back to 16.
Sounds like you missed a file out or something the cannons work fine, so if they was what stopped the game from loading my guess is there's a file you missed out or placed in the wrong location. :shrug

First I've heard a complaint. It works great for me and I have it loaded on three different machines.

Luke, How many downloads are you up to?

:shrug MK

Well if you have it on 3 different machines and your not having problems then its a file that yellow-dog has not added or has over wrote with an old file, there are a few files that determine which cannons are in the game, the cannon files in the cannon folder are only a few. :shrug

While i think about it yellow-dog you could alway's install this RTBL Cannon Mod Version 1.2.rar that mod will add all the cannons to the game and be up to date. :onya

13 downloads so far.

Thanks again Luke your the man. I have a funny feeling i was
missing a file or two but an whole mod wow. I download the cannon
mod as you said and everthing is working ok. Now i check the shipyard
there are a lot of cannon. Thanks again

Luke the force will be with you away. :)

Luke et al,

My apologies to any that downloaded my ships waterline values and played the HMS Lydia. I screwed that one up. I know I tested it, but it was late and I was playing with two files for the purposes of testing and can only figure I entered the numbers in the wrong file. I was sure I had screened every ship, but this one is too high. To ensure that no others slipped through the cracks I will test them all again. I don't want to share another ships_init file until I have accomplished this in case there are others (don't think so but...). Again sorry. :modding

MK

Thanks again Luke your the man. I have a funny feeling i was
missing a file or two but an whole mod wow. I download the cannon
mod as you said and everthing is working ok. Now i check the shipyard
there are a lot of cannon. Thanks again

Luke the force will be with you away. :)

No problem bud. :onya

Happy to hear its now working for you. :will
I'm thinking what happened is you installed something and it overwrote the file that added those cannons and thats why it crashes, i'm about to find out myself now. I will install the mods in the order as follows.

COAS_Characters.zip
COAS_Ships.zip
COAS_combinedpic.zip
Companion Ball Choice
All Ported Ships Combined Mod
All Ships Combined Addon Part 1
Real Time Battle Light Version 1.4.rar

Luke et al,

My apologies to any that downloaded my ships waterline values and played the HMS Lydia. I screwed that one up. I know I tested it, but it was late and I was playing with two files for the purposes of testing and can only figure I entered the numbers in the wrong file. I was sure I had screened every ship, but this one is too high. To ensure that no others slipped through the cracks I will test them all again. I don't want to share another ships_init file until I have accomplished this in case there are others (don't think so but...). Again sorry. :modding

MK

Don't worry bud i did that with the cannons when i added the 18 pounder's, they would show up in the game but as soon as you mounted them on your ship and went pirate hunting or what ever you shoot at the game would crash. It turned out i had missed a simple line but added all other lines in every file but one. :facepalm

I'm almost back up and running, just got to add all the mods i play with and then add the ported ships and RTBL. :will

I'm almost back up and running, just got to add all the mods i play with and then add the ported ships and RTBL. :will
Do you reckon you could put all those mods' files together and stick them on top of this?
http://www.moddb.com/mods/city-of-abandoned-ships-combined-mods

Do you reckon you could put all those mods' files together and stick them on top of this?
http://www.moddb.com/mods/city-of-abandoned-ships-combined-mods

Yep no problem bud. :onya as soon as testing and small fixes are done they will be added Pieter. :will

No rush, mate. I'm just trying to push ye CoAS players to get to work from the same base and make a CoAS Build Mod kind of thing. ;)

That compilation looks really tempting :3

Now, I wish I can filch CoAS from somewhere this part of the world...

That compilation looks really tempting :3

Now, I wish I can filch CoAS from somewhere this part of the world...

I don't know how it would work but I could purchase it hear in the states for you and then ship it to you somehow? :shrug

Or Snow White Sorrow you could search the US Ebay site and see if there are any for sale on there. It doesn't come out where i am till some time in 2010. :modding

I am having an issue. I have installed the ships addons, and the part one two, then the cannon mod, then RTBL

At the shipyard I can only see the name of the ship, the price is 87 gold pieces, for all ships, cant see the pics, and when I buy one the game crashes.

The only mod I had before was JScombined mod.

Any thoughts why ? (attached pic)

Edit: Nevermind, I started a new game and spotted a few new ships at sea, and a heavy lugger for sale.

The diversity of ships is amazing !

Attachments

• issue.jpg
    issue.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 138
I am having an issue. I have installed the ships addons, and the part one two, then the cannon mod, then RTBL

At the shipyard I can only see the name of the ship, the price is 87 gold pieces, for all ships, cant see the pics, and when I buy one the game crashes.

The only mod I had before was JScombined mod.

Any thoughts why ? (attached pic)

Edit: Nevermind, I started a new game and spotted a few new ships at sea, and a heavy lugger for sale.

The diversity of ships is amazing !

Are you having error lines in the shipyards, stores etc? because that indicates something is wrong.

How did you install the mods manually or using a program?

I manually copy pasted the content of each zip file in my existing COAS folder.

As I said it looks like it is working when I started a new game. Now if you tell me that it should work without having to start a new game, then maybe there is a problem somewhere.

I did not have time to play around with it yesterday, will do that this evening and see if all is fine now.

There is only one glitch I had in the new game, at some point when I went anchoring to a city, the game crashed (happened only once) and I had an error message with "rigging" somewhere. Hope that gives you a clue.

Let me test it more before looking into that.

You say you have the JCcombined mod installed?

If there are problems it will be because you over wrote some files that effected mods that the JScombined mod added, the RTBL mod wasn't built around any of the JScombined mods, i downloaded the ships and character's seperatly and installed them so the ships are built around the original ships to be portted over. If you continue to have problems then try this mod out. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=22P1XDR4 its JScomined mod 1.9 with all the ships and RTBL combined with some other mods so you get the benifits of every mod from JScombined mod and some of the latest mods too. This mod is currently been worked on and some testing would be nice but its stable from what i have seen in testing so far. :onya

You say you have the JCcombined mod installed?

If there are problems it will be because you over wrote some files that effected mods that the JScombined mod added, the RTBL mod wasn't built around any of the JScombined mods, i downloaded the ships and character's seperatly and installed them so the ships are built around the original ships to be portted over. If you continue to have problems then try this mod out. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=22P1XDR4 its JScomined mod 1.9 with all the ships and RTBL combined with some other mods so you get the benifits of every mod from JScombined mod and some of the latest mods too. This mod is currently been worked on and some testing would be nice but its stable from what i have seen in testing so far. :onya

So basically If I copy paste this file I can keep on with my old savegame ?

Is it normal that its only 330 megs ? (because the ship files I have downloaded from you previously was something like 880 megs and 280 megs)

No i think you'll have to start a new game for the mods that have been effected to work again, but you could try it out and see what happens.

Its heavily compressed using 7zip, when uncompressed it should be around 2.8GB's :shock or there abouts.

Back