• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Sidequests for Additional Storylines

Any log files for that? And does she not talk at all or is the needed dialog option missing?

Any log files for that? And does she not talk at all or is the needed dialog option missing?
All she says is: I refuse to trade whit a person of your reputation and relations. No other dialog options .

Attachments

• system.log
    2.2 KB · Views: 103
  • compile.log
    6 KB · Views: 95
Ah! Indeed Pirates don't like commissioned officers anymore at all.
The Nigel quest is very piratey anyway, so that one doesn't make much sense for a navy officer.
So this may not be a bug.

I tried to play the Nigel Blythe quest as a rebel. The quest breaks at the same point, now the storekeeper
talks to me, But she still miss the dialog about Clauss.

Attachments

• system.log
    12.6 KB · Views: 93
  • compile.log
    38.4 KB · Views: 104
  • error.log
    18.9 KB · Views: 108
  • -=Player=- Nevis. Pirate Settlement tavern September 19th, 1682.zip
    776.2 KB · Views: 77
Extract attached to PROGRAM\DIALOGS and see if that is any better.
That is a completely redone version of her dialog, because it turned out the required quest code wasn't there at all.
Had to add the "random trade quest" stuff to her manually, so if you get the chance, please check if she isn't talking gibberish for those now....

Attachments

• KateBlowhorn.zip
    4 KB · Views: 75
Extract attached to PROGRAM\DIALOGS and see if that is any better.
That is a completely redone version of her dialog, because it turned out the required quest code wasn't there at all.
Had to add the "random trade quest" stuff to her manually, so if you get the chance, please check if she isn't talking gibberish for those now....
The dialog about Clauss is still not coming up. But now the error log tells about it.

Attachments

• error.log
    6.5 KB · Views: 101
Open dialogs\English\Kate Blowhorn_dialog.h and change the number on the first line to 57. That make a difference?
If not, I have to check it tomorrow.

Open dialogs\English\Kate Blowhorn_dialog.h and change the number on the first line to 57. That make a difference?
If not, I have to check it tomorrow.
No, no difference.

Attachments

• error.log
    9.8 KB · Views: 95
  • compile.log
    20.9 KB · Views: 82
At least her dialog-related errors are gone. And the needed code IS there this time.
Tomorrow I'll check if you have the correct attributes to make the story trigger.
Though you could also try to do a DumpAttributes on the player character yourself:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/modding-tips-tricks.24942/
In the resulting compile.log dump, search for "nigel_away_for_ship" and "talk_with_clauss" .

I have made a DumpAttrbutes and i found the line "nigel_away_for_ship" and "talk_with_clauss" .
Dont know what to do next. I dont understand the line:
delete that file prior to running this line to get a "clean" one containing only the data you want.

Attachments

• compile.log
    52.6 KB · Views: 108
Just found an issue with the BOP quest in Build 14 - 3.5 - 7 April. Emilio's dialogue is blank when you meet him for the first time in the Tavern. Quest stops.
I have not checked this quest for some time. I have looked at the dialogue files but cannot find anything wrong with these. Could it be an initialization issue???
I will keep looking for a solution, but any help would be appreciated.

That's odd; somebody must have gotten past that point recently because we found an error later with the Santiago quest later that I fixed.

Do you have log files and a savegame?

The line about deleting the file just means that if you use DumpAttributes without doing that, there will be a lot of clutter left in the file that might be confusing.
If you delete it just prior to making the dump, then you're left with only the results from the dump.

So those attributes are indeed there? That makes it really very weird.
Will check it tonight.

Just testing the BOP quest in 3.5 -16 April. Storyline cannot progress as Emilio dialogue is blank when you first meet him in the Tavern.
Tried looking at dialogue .c and .h but cannot find an error.
Possibly a initialization issue.
Any help would be appreciated.

Just testing the BOP quest in 3.5 -16 April. Storyline cannot progress as Emilio dialogue is blank when you first meet him in the Tavern.
Tried looking at dialogue .c and .h but cannot find an error.
Possibly a initialization issue.
Any help would be appreciated.
Anything in the .log files? You can also do a DumpAttributes on Emilio to check if he has the correct dialog currentnode.
See here for details on how to do that: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/modding-tips-tricks.24942/

That's odd; somebody must have gotten past that point recently because we found an error later with the Santiago quest later that I fixed.

Do you have log files and a save game?

Sorry Pieter, Doubled up on the post. You can delete the one in the WIP3.5 Thread.

Tried the 16 April update ZIP file as well and have the same issue.

Save Game just before entering the Tavern attached.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Hispaniola.7z
    418.4 KB · Views: 67
Hi Pieter, the dump shows that he has the wrong dialogue file - see below:

dialog =
filename = lastcrew_dialog.c
currentnode = begin1_1
tempnode = First time
greeting = Gr_Emilio Soares

The code is right as far as I see it for the storyline - He has the right dialogue file in the Character Init file. I a bit lost after this point though....

So what problems do we have now? Just so I don't get all confused....

We have:
- Kate Blowhorn won't talk about Clauss even though she should
- Emilio won't talk for the Bartolomeu sidequest, but this worked fine not too long ago
- Vigila Mendes works fine, unless you go into a specific location during a specific quest which messes him up

Am I missing anything?

Hi Pieter, the dump shows that he has the wrong dialogue file - see below:

dialog =
filename = lastcrew_dialog.c
currentnode = begin1_1
tempnode = First time
greeting = Gr_Emilio Soares

The code is right as far as I see it for the storyline - He has the right dialogue file in the Character Init file. I a bit lost after this point though....
He's supposed to have his own Emilio Soares_dialog.c file assigned, doesn't he?
We'd need to see if there is any code that overrides his dialog assignment then.

Is this for the first time you ever talk to the guy on a new game?
One thing you can try is to start a brand new game, do the DumpAttributes again and see if then he DOES have the dialog assigned as per the character init file.
That would tell us if he is wrongly initialized altogether or something happens to him later during the game.

Back