• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Sidequests for Additional Storylines

Pieter,
This was from a new game so he is getting the wrong dialogue from the start. Could it be a similar thing to using the same character in different storylines?

Pieter,
Characters\ init\sidequest.c has another version of Emilio with his dialogue set at lastcrew_dialogue.c

Would this over-ride the storyline character initialization?

Pieter,
Characters\ init\sidequest.c has another version of Emilio with his dialogue set at lastcrew_dialogue.c

Would this over-ride the storyline character initialization?
Are you playing in the Bartolomeu storyline? That does explain a lot. I strongly suspect that you have indeed found the culprit. :onya
Little bit odd here though, since I thought the storyline initialization should take preference over the general one.
Apparently not so much. Might be a simple solution to just put a Bartolomeu storyline if-check around the general Emilio definition.
There are already such statements in place elsewhere.

We had similar issues with the Devlin Opera storyline (double "Pieter Boelen" and "Konrad Kuckzyki" characters) and I suspect it will affect Jack Sparrow too.

These compatibility issues are the result of me taking the sidequests out of the Standard storyline and making them generally available in every single one of them.
That is quite a huge change and this was to be expected. Thanks to everyone for their support in testing and assisting in fixing the issues though! :cheers

Yes Pieter,
I was testing this one out - had completed the Standard storyline in the previous WIP and most of the side quests.
Haven't been able to find the existing if-check statements you are referring to, to copy and modify yet for this one - still looking.
The work done in moving the side quests is fantastic and appreciated - and there are very few issues at this point to your, and everyone who has helped, credit.

I did see something strange in the L'Hopital Governor's Residence - There is a new Governor -Contre-Admiral Cesar Beauregard who brings in the La Croix storyline if you talk to him. The Governor "Isabelle De Cussy" is there also.
She talks normally as well as if the Contre-Admiral is not there.

Hope this helps.

Haven't been able to find the existing if-check statements you are referring to, to copy and modify yet for this one - still looking.
I know there is one in PROGRAM\ITEMS\initItems.c that refers to something like BART_PUZZLES or something like that.
Check the bottom of PROGRAM\Storyline\Bartolomeu.c for the exact name. That check may work here as well.

I did see something strange in the L'Hopital Governor's Residence - There is a new Governor -Contre-Admiral Cesar Beauregard who brings in the La Croix storyline if you talk to him. The Governor "Isabelle De Cussy" is there also.
She talks normally as well as if the Contre-Admiral is not there.
Functionally speaking, that is intentional. I cut off the "Sinking the Vogelstruijs" part of the La Croix and changed it into a sidequest that is generally available.
I figured that would allow more people to make use of it. However, the dialog hasn't been rewritten yet at all.
Might you be willing to rewrite that so it makes sense also for different characters in different time period?
That definitely needs to be done, because right now it appears really very strange.... :wp

My thinking is that Contre-Admiral Cesar Beauregard can have sort-of the same reason for being there as the Spanish admiral who lost his son.
Both of them now disappear after their sidequests are over. So he isn't really the governor (anymore); he's just somebody who happens to be in the governor's office.
Isabelle de Cussy can't sit on a chair though because of her character model, so that's why she's walking and he's sitting.

Pieter,
I have updated the Contre-Admirale's dialogue files. Attached are the .c and .h files. I haven't gone through all of the side quest to see if there is any other dialogues needing fixing, but this makes it OK in any time period, whatever relations there are and whoever is the PChar.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Contre-Admirale.7z
    2.3 KB · Views: 101
Indeed the Contre-Amirale would probably be the most relevant. Not sure about any other characters during the sidequest, but those are definitely less crucial.
Thanks for this! :cheers

The line about deleting the file just means that if you use DumpAttributes without doing that, there will be a lot of clutter left in the file that might be confusing.
If you delete it just prior to making the dump, then you're left with only the results from the dump.

So those attributes are indeed there? That makes it really very weird.
Will check it tonight.
Can it be something about the Clauss character there is going wrong?

Pieter,
I have updated the Contre-Admirale's dialogue files. Attached are the .c and .h files. I haven't gone through all of the side quest to see if there is any other dialogues needing fixing, but this makes it OK in any time period, whatever relations there are and whoever is the PChar.
Are you quite sure about this part?
Code:
    case "yourstory7":
       dialog.snd = "Voice\CLLA\CLLA005";
       dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[13];
       link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[14];
//       link.l1.go = "yourstory8";
   //     link.l2 = DLG_TEXT[17];
       link.l1.go = "exit";
       break;
That way, you never get to "yourstory8" and the sidequest wouldn't get to start. :confused:

Edit: Oh wait, looks like another route does work.

Last edited:
Im glad to say" The French Pirate in Tavern" now is working just fine,OK.:)

I tried to play the Nigel Blythe quest as a rebel. The quest breaks at the same point, now the storekeeper
talks to me, But she still miss the dialog about Clauss.
Got it! I was almost there, but not quite.
It WAS already working. Until the random quest overwrote it. Oops. :facepalm

Attachments

• KateBlowhorn.zip
    4 KB · Views: 100
Got it! I was almost there, but not quite.
It WAS already working. Until the random quest overwrote it. Oops. :facepalm
Yes:). I completed the Nigel Blythe quest and now it works just fine.OK
Now I have only left to test the Peter Blood related quests .Then I have tested all of
them several times.

Brilliant! You managed to complete Claire Larousse fine now then as well?

I was testing this one out - had completed the Standard storyline in the previous WIP and most of the side quests.
I propose this in SideQuest.c:
Code:
  if(sti(GetStorylineVar(FindCurrentStoryline(), "BART_PUZZLES")) < 1)
   {
     ch.old.name = "Emilio";
     ch.old.lastname = "Soares";
     ch.name = TranslateString("","Emilio");
     ch.lastname = TranslateString("","Soares");
     ch.id     = "Emilio Soares";
     ch.model   = "Emilio1"; // Thomas the Terror
     ch.sex = "man";
     ch.sound_type = "pirate";
     ch.location   = "none";
     ch.location.group = "";
     ch.location.locator = "";
     ch.Dialog.Filename = "lastcrew_dialog.c";
     ch.greeting = "Gr_Emilio Soares";
     ch.rank    = 1;
     ch.reputation = "None";
     ch.experience = "0";
     ch.skill.Leadership = "1";
     ch.skill.Fencing = "1";
     ch.skill.Sailing = "1";
     ch.skill.Accuracy = "1";
     ch.skill.Cannons = "1";
     ch.skill.Grappling = "1";
     ch.skill.Repair = "1";
     ch.skill.Defence = "1";
     ch.skill.Commerce = "1";
     ch.skill.Sneak = "1";
     ch.money = "0";
     LAi_SetCitizenType(ch);
     LAi_SetLoginTime(ch, 0.0, 24.0);
     LAi_SetHP(ch, 80.0, 80.0);
     ch.questchar = true;//MAXIMUS: identifier for captives
     AddGameCharacter(n, ch);
   }

Yes! I completed Claire Larousse and it work fine to.
Excellent! Then indeed it is just a final check of the Santiago quest and hopefully Emilio is fixed with the above in the Bartolomeu Storyline as well.

Then it is up to me to have one more look at Mendes and see if Edgar Attwood can be made generally available too.

Completed "Rescue Peter Bloods Crew" Works fine and Emilio act just as he should.OK.

Completed "Rescue Peter Bloods Crew" Works fine and Emilio act just as he should.OK.
Thanks. From what I understand, the problem was with the Bartolomeu Storyline itself; not with the sidequest. The two ended up interfering with each other. :facepalm

Completed "Search for Peter Bloods Ship" Working just fine, its OK.
Thats all of them being tested for now.

Back