• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Simplified Code for Build 14 Beta 3.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem with 3.3 with the crew that you can take with you. Most of them don't have weapons anymore and i can't give them any either like in 3.2 because they say they upgrade by themselves.

I have a problem with 3.3 with the crew that you can take with you. Most of them don't have weapons anymore and i can't give them any either like in 3.2 because they say they upgrade by themselves.

Try dismiss them all then go to sea for a few days go back to a diffrent island with just a common sword equipped then ask for the crew again.

Currently my crew all have sabres for some reason which is odd because i dont have one at all theyre disabled in the period i am in lol

Have you downloaded the latest bugfix? You find it in this thread.

Which one ? Does it change anything with the landing crew ? Either way i would hope not to start a new game again.

Does that apply to only guns or blades as well?

Out of the 9 i could take with me only 2 had sword and pistol the others had nothing and they dint't participate in battles of course.

Try dismiss them all then go to sea for a few days go back to a diffrent island with just a common sword equipped then ask for the crew again.

Currently my crew all have sabres for some reason which is odd because i dont have one at all theyre disabled in the period i am in lol

I did that and it worked! Thanks! I equipped a walloon sword and they reset to arabic swords from the looks of it.
I then re-equipped the Saber of Nicolas Sharp i normally have and they seem to have a saber of some kind (same they had before) which one is this anyone knows ?
6FD798BB81797D4A4F11C0837384E57EDCE82F0B

Last edited:
That looks like the pirate sword. I can't remember the name of it, but the only way I get it is to take it from Barbossa when capturing the Black Pearl at Cozumel. It's pretty good but not the best.

Why does everyone take a mob of crew with them? I accomplish everything with 3 officers.
beta3 2014-06-29 08-47-31-11.jpg

That looks like the pirate sword. I can't remember the name of it, but the only way I get it is to take it from Barbossa when capturing the Black Pearl at Cozumel. It's pretty good but not the best.

Why does everyone take a mob of crew with them? I accomplish everything with 3 officers.
View attachment 18287

Oh so that's that sword ? Weird they all have it.

Haha well i just found out about them so that's why i guess. Plus some events that happen when you have them like a pirate attack or something like that is pretty fun.
They're mostly useful in the beginning when you're pretty weak and the officers are bad.
Cool party btw.

View attachment 18287
It is the Dragon's head. Very good blade close to the Saber of Nicholas Sharpe.

What's the deal with multiple points required for certain abilities? I thought that was what was "turned off" in this version. Am I thinking of the wrong thing? For me it's still two points for "Advanced Defence" for instance.

What was turned off was needing to do certain things to unlock perks so they could then be bought. Making some perks cost more makes the game last longer and be more interesting.

What's the deal with multiple points required for certain abilities? I thought that was what was "turned off" in this version. Am I thinking of the wrong thing? For me it's still two points for "Advanced Defence" for instance.
I turned it off at first, but since that part does work, it is back on now.
There is a toggle on it, so easily switched off again for those who don't like them.

Those will be brought back as everyone likes them.
All the "regular" books are still there. Only the ability-unlocking ones are 'missing', because they don't serve their purpose right now.... :wp

This file ANS4.

If any of the crew's blades feels wrong that's easy to change. The idea though is
to equip them with broad heavy blades. The ordinary cutlass is of course one of them.

Attachments

• LAi_init.c
    16.1 KB · Views: 89
I turned it off at first, but since that part does work, it is back on now.
There is a toggle on it, so easily switched off again for those who don't like them.

All the "regular" books are still there. Only the ability-unlocking ones are 'missing', because they don't serve their purpose right now.... :wp

I hope they never come back!

This file ANS4.

If any of the crew's blades feels wrong that's easy to change. The idea though is
to equip them with broad heavy blades. The ordinary cutlass is of course one of them.

Interesting, but i'll probably break the game with whatever i try to do with that.

Last edited:
Interesting, but i'll probably break the game with whatever i try to do with that.

You might be ok i think i worked it out just want to check first though. Awesome line of program the change if you know what to do wont break the game.

This file ANS4.

Just wondering if i have this right ?

The way you did it was with a value check on the players blade and then thats how the game works out what to give the crew so

if(blade2.price >= 8000)
{
right_blade = "blade34";
}
else
if (ect ect ect)

means that if my blade is worth more than or equal to 8000 then my crew gets blade34 the dragons head ? and that if thats the case i could change blade34 to whatever i wanted instead and that is the blade they would receive ?

Epic! the landcrew weapons make perfect sense now i thought it was whatever weapon i got they got but that was not the case at all that is awesome stuff

but yeah ANS4 open that file in notepad++ and get yourself to line 164 then go from there if you wanted to change them or leave them the same its all good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back