• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Simplified Code for Build 14 Beta 3.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally made it to Orangestad and the textures are still missing. Sooo...I DLed the fix from a few pages back and added the textures from it and all is well again.
Zipped them up and here they are. They go in POTC-->resource-->textures.
AH! NOW I know what is going on. Despite me adding those files on purpose, an old clean-up process also removes them again before the installation completes.
That is.... uhm.... rather useless. But easily fixed for the next release!

Just wondering if there is any way to bring the old Tortuga fountain back in another location? I always liked it.
Is that the same as the one in the new Havana location? That is a working fountain too.

The Lo-Rez jungle textures are still there.
Drat! Completely forgot about that.
Extract attached in RESOURCE\Textures to fix that. Please let me know if it works.

Attachments

• bump_land.tga.zip
    150.9 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
I just double-checked, but that file looks good to me. See here:
Ground.jpg

I haven't been there yet, but it seems that some locations are back to normal and some are still bad. I didn't take screenies, but go to Aruba and walk from the stockade to the native village annd you will see the difference.

Indeed work has been done there but more work is needed.
B 3 2014-10-13 12-38-39-85.jpg

Last edited:
That screenshot is like that because Bartolomeu considered it better that way.

Indeed work has been done there but more work is needed.
View attachment 18690
The texture for the ground? The old texture had some problems. Jason Maffetton made this new texture. From he said when he did this work, he recognized it wasn't the perfect solution but the least worst seeing the circumstances/restrictions of this location.
About the fountains, I'll try to have them working as those of the AOP Tortuga.

Yeah, that grass looks so 1984, where the land was green and the sky blue. The fountains are there but are not working yet.

I do not recall people walking around that section before, and I have been attacked twice now. That never happened before. So yes work is being done but it still has an unfinished feel to it.

Yeah, that grass looks so 1984, where the land was green and the sky blue. The fountains are there but are not working yet.
The problem is that ground texture is already 2048x2048, which is the texture limit in PotC.
So if the original is blurry on that size, it is impossible to add more detail.
It is either a blurry texture or a solidly coloured one. What would people prefer?

I haven't been there yet, but it seems that some locations are back to normal and some are still bad. I didn't take screenies, but go to Aruba and walk from the stockade to the native village annd you will see the difference.
Please open PROGRAM\console.c and find switch(0) and change it to switch(2) .
Go to the location where the ground is still bad and press F12. That should tell you the exact location ID so that I can double-check it.

"It is either a blurry texture or a solidly coloured one. What would people prefer?"

A new non blurry texture? Or whatever works.

Havana this time.
B 3 2014-10-15 09-56-21-47.jpg B 3 2014-10-15 09-56-23-75.jpg B 3 2014-10-15 09-57-13-27.jpg B 3 2014-10-15 09-58-30-57.jpg B 3 2014-10-15 10-01-48-87.jpg B 3 2014-10-15 10-02-43-14.jpg

I will check again about that bump.

EDIT: Just replaced the existing file.

Fixed texture is included in here, along with some other small stuff:
http://piratesahoy.net/build/b14_beta3-3_fix.zip
Does that work at all?

"It is either a blurry texture or a solidly coloured one. What would people prefer?"
A new non blurry texture? Or whatever works.
Hmm.... Perhaps I was confused when I looked at it before, so I tried something new. Included in the link I posted above.
Anyway, this is what it now looks like:
CartagenaResidence.jpg
Better?

And @Bartolomeu o Portugues: Any thoughts on this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back