• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Simplified Code for Build 14 Beta 3.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think attached are the most important Beta 3.3 WIP fixes:
- Saint Domingue has textures in the last time period as well
- Tailor talks
- Bartolomeu storyline starts
- Pintel and Ragetti show up properly in new Tortuga
- Mistress gets killed as needed in Woodes Rogers
- Oranjestad missing textures added

Are there any other major new issues anyone is aware of?

I think attached are the most important Beta 3.3 WIP fixes:
- Saint Domingue has textures in the last time period as well
- Tailor talks
- Bartolomeu storyline starts
- Pintel and Ragetti show up properly in new Tortuga
- Mistress gets killed as needed in Woodes Rogers
- Oranjestad missing textures added
See attached an updated version of the file. Now also includes:
- Mr. Gibbs new Tortuga location fix by @furkan59
- Improved Oranjestad port location by @Bartolomeu o Portugues with the huge barrels removed

Attachments

• b14_beta3-3_fix.zip
    853.2 KB · Views: 90
I just downloaded it from the first post of this thread and it is the same size as the one I DLed over a week ago. :shrug

The change log states thar multiple ability points are switched OFF, yet in-game specific abilities still require multiple ability points. Any idea how to switch it off, so that each ability would require only 1 point?

Edit: Also in Bartolomeu o Portugues storyline Bartolomeu is given 5 ability points, that seems odd since he starts at level 1. Was this intended or is this a bug?

PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h - line 100 PERK_MULTIPLIER . to change how much points each ability costs it has an explanation in the comments.

The change log states thar multiple ability points are switched OFF, yet in-game specific abilities still require multiple ability points. Any idea how to switch it off, so that each ability would require only 1 point?
Ah! Indeed, I have to remove that from the Change Log because it isn't relevant anymore. :facepalm

Edit: Also in Bartolomeu o Portugues storyline Bartolomeu is given 5 ability points, that seems odd since he starts at level 1. Was this intended or is this a bug?
Good catch! Two missing lines of code. Will be fixed in the next update. :doff

Now I don't know if this is related to these two missing lines of code in Bartolomeu storyline, but whenever I change the in-game speed in Bartolomeu storyline, the top-left corner of the screen floods with the following message: "ERROR - Unable to load storyline/Bartolomeu/SL_utils.c!!!" Doesn't seem to be a game breaking bug whatsoever, still pretty annoying but who am I to know. D:
In addition, there seems to be a weird issue with the land crew. I did the following: Started the Assassin storyline, went back to the ship, talked with a crewman, asked for x men to go to the shore with me next time, went to the shore, pressed the menu button, started a new game as Brave black flag, and the number of crewmen I took with me in other storyline, were present in Brave black flag at the very start. Every other storyline seems to be a subject to this bug too, it doesn't matter which storyline I start with and to which storyline I switch later on. I am certain this one is non game breaking but still very weird.

Perhaps those are some of the weird effects of starting a new game when a game was already in progress?
Try to close the game completely and only then start a new game. See if that makes more sense.

I think someone managed to do that by editing RESOURCE\animation\man.ani (or new_man.ani or whichever file applies to your character).

The running speed could be bumped up just a little. POTC is a little slow and COAS is a little fast.

I bumped the running speed from 3.3 meters per second to 3.9 mps and noticed that the character seems slightly more planted and floats less.

How fast do people run anyway?

Ah. The pace of the footfalls is about right for someone running easily but the character looks to be floating. A faster pace has the character looking like he is pushing it a bit, but isn't floating.

It's a small thing and once you get used to it there is no problem.

So? Should we change anything? We should definitely tone down those AoP characters; they looks ridiculous when running.
But the PotC ones never bothered me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back