• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Simplified Code for Build 14 Beta 3.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ayup! :cheers

Meet me new motley crew. If they stand on one side of the ship it lists.
Beta3 2014-09-23 10-43-03-49.jpg

Visited Santiago. It looks very medieval but the buildings are scaled much better. It's a keeper I guess.

There seems to be some floating guns scattered here and there. I seem to remember this happening a long time ago, but it was quickly fixed.
Beta3 2014-09-21 15-06-01-10.jpg Beta3 2014-09-21 19-43-10-93.jpg Beta3 2014-09-23 10-00-54-91.jpg Beta3 2014-09-23 11-55-39-60.jpg

The last time I remember floating weapons was when I was playing Build 13. My guess is that there was something wrong with at least one of the character models, certainly whichever one corresponded to "Nobility is in her blood" for one. If I had an officer in that outfit, there were always a gun and sword floating near the loanshark's office in Redmond, and probably elsewhere too but those are the ones I remember seeing easily. And there were never any weapons visible on her. That may have been fixed in Build 14, but perhaps there is another character model whose gun is not properly mounted?

The only new character I'm using is the padre and I do know he doesn't hold his sword right. This last happened over a year ago in one of the patches. If no one else is noticing this, then he is probably the problem.

The problem I had was that the woman wasn't displaying any weapons at all. It's as if the model had no mount points, so the game put the weapons somewhere else instead. If that's what's happening here then the problem isn't with anyone's sword but with a gun. Look for someone who should be carrying a gun and isn't.

I can't see from your screenshots whether the priest is carrying a gun. It should be somewhere on his right, and in all pictures his right side is obscured. There's a partial view of his right side in your "motley crew" screenshot which shows no gun, but then the screenshot has the information removed so I can't see if he's supposed to have a gun. The other officer shows no weapons either, but his right side is mostly obscured by his belly and his left side is mostly obscured by you.

What sort of gun have you given the priest? Is it the same type as the one which is floating around? Give him a musket and see what happens to the floating gun...

It does appear to be the padre. He is so big that the sword blade is all that can be seen. I gave him a musket and it did not appear so I gave him a different pistol and will see what happens. He might be changing clothes soon.

When you give the padre a musket, what happens to the floating gun? Is it still a long pistol or does it turn into a musket? If a musket is now floating where there was a pistol, then it's the padre's fault. If it's still the same pistol floating as was there before, the problem probably lies elsewhere. If there's nothing floating there then it's still associated with the padre but it's no longer a problem, and if there's no musket on the padre either then you can just pretend he has it stuffed up his robe. :D

Indeed the monk model doesn't have a gun locator, so that would be the culprit. :yes

Well, the padre is wearing civvies now and he fires guns and there are no more floating guns.
Beta3 2014-09-24 07-16-27-99.jpg

Please take a look at Saint Dominque, it´s all look grey to me.

Attachments

• seadogs2_0054.7z
    321 KB · Views: 53
I have been there twice recently and it looked ok to me. What do your logs say?
Inside the gate, no color at all locations. I´m playing the Buccaneer storyline. No error log.

Attachments

• system.log
    7.2 KB · Views: 62
  • compile.log
    5.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
@ANSEL: That's confirmed. Execute the following code through console to fix:
Code:
ref lcn = &Locations[FindLocation("Santo_Domingo_town")];
DeleteAttribute(lcn, "filespath.textures");
In the Buccaneer storyline, that Spanish town is taken by France and is made to look French. Except that doesn't work for the new VCO model.

Bartolomeu O Portugues storyline doesn't seem to work at all. I get a black screen as soon as it finishes loading.

Attachments

• compile.log
    10.7 KB · Views: 66
  • error.log
    3 KB · Views: 71
  • system.log
    8.1 KB · Views: 63
@Pieter Boelen says: That's confirmed. Execute the following code through console to fix.

Thanks for the tip, now it works fine.

Last edited:
Bartolomeu O Portugues storyline doesn't seem to work at all. I get a black screen as soon as it finishes loading.
Confirmed and fixed. Extract attached to PROGRAM\Storyline\Bartolomeu .

Attachments

• StartStoryline.zip
    994 bytes · Views: 75
In beta 3.3 when I'm away from the towns the ground textures look very low rez. Jumping back and forth between beta 3.2 and 3.3 confirms it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back