• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Smuggling: Wine being contraband and import in dutch colonies

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
Does this check work with wine? The Dutch colonies especially have a problem with wine.

Does this check work with wine? The Dutch colonies especially have a problem with wine.
"Wine" has been set as "default contraband good" for several of the Dutch islands for a while now.
Since long before any improvements to the Smuggling System, at least.

Actually, it was @Talisman who did that because it used to be Rum, which is infinitely more annoying to have as contraband. :wp

Well in many colonies wine shows as an import and not as a contraband. That is until you try to sell some there and can not as it is contraband.

Well in many colonies wine shows as an import and not as a contraband. That is until you try to sell some there and can not as it is contraband.
WHA? I remember something like that being a bug at some point, but I thought that was fixed!
Is "Wine" actually listed as contraband then at all?

If you can, please post a save that is affected by "Wine being an exported contraband" good. :facepalm

it seems indeed in the island_init file for the dutch colonies the wine is set as both import and contraband.
but this should fix it once its called:
Code:
    if(CheckAttribute(sisland,"Trade.Contraband"))
    {
        aref contrabands;
        makearef(contrabands,sisland.Trade.Contraband);
        int amountcontraband = GetAttributesNum(contrabands);
        for(int i = 0; i < amountcontraband; i++) 
        {
            string contrabandidx = GetAttributeName(GetAttributeN(contrabands,i));
            if(!CheckAttribute(sisland,"Trade.Contraband."+contrabandidx+".notremove"))
            {
                string name = "Trade.Contraband."+contrabandidx;
                DeleteAttribute(sisland,name);
                i -= 1;
                amountcontraband -= 1;
            }
        }
    }

Odd. Maybe that doesn't get called?

In the hope that it helps, I'll just remove "Wine" as import good, leaving it only as contraband.

I noticed it always as last one. So maybe the loop has a offset error. Will take a look at it this week.

Hello all. Nice work!

A quick bug methinks? The dutch provinces are listed as importing wine, but it won't show up while trading with the merchants.

Moved your thread outside the Archive forum. That's where we put stuff that is already addressed. ;)

@martinborgen: Which exact modpack version are you running according to your game main menu?
I seem to remember this problem existing before, but fixing it a while back.
It was because wine was both an import AND a contraband good, which of course didn't make sense. :facepalm

You probably have the newest public release.
We're right now hard at work to get the next one ready to go.
It is meant to be released within a week from now.
You can find the latest internal release through the link in my signature. New game needed, of course.

Back