• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Some general comments and questions

Jason

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
First of all this game is really improving overall lots of issues are being resolved quickly but I want to highlight on long, long standing problem that has existed for literal years that is some captains killed during boarding were not lootable. That seems to have been fixed in the last two versions. :doff

Also fixed the CTD when encountering random officers.

Now for the questions:

1. The random officers I have encountered walking around are citizen, fighter, pirate, etc. What's up? Is the Officer tutorial? Quest working?

2. I have some abilities that I can't add. I now have very high status and lots of points. Could this be an effect of using opium?

I want to highlight on long, long standing problem that has existed for literal years that is some captains killed during boarding were not lootable. That seems to have been fixed in the last two versions. :doff
It has? Not intentionally... Maybe as an accidental side-effect of other work that has been done?

The random officers I have encountered walking around are citizen, fighter, pirate, etc. What's up? Is the Officer tutorial? Quest working?
That is, I think, a side-effect of recent work. But "Citizen" should not be hireable.
@Levis???

I have some abilities that I can't add. I now have very high status and lots of points. Could this be an effect of using opium?
Sounds like a bug in the interface.

It has? Not intentionally... Maybe as an accidental side-effect of other work that has been done?

That is, I think, a side-effect of recent work. But "Citizen" should not be hireable.
@Levis???

Sounds like a bug in the interface.

Would a save game help? or should we just let it go for now?

Posting stuff can never hurt. Always good to have stuff to test from. :doff

I've heard @Hylie Pistof also complain about some skills not being able to pick.
Please post a savegame if you have this problem. I had to change some of the logic in the perk system recently to speed things up so I might made a mistake somewhere.

The citizens walking about are now indeed no normal officers. You will see they have other contributing perks also. You can assign them to a position if you want and then they will stay that. I tought that to be a nice touch :). The officer tutorial still isn't finished because I have so much other stuff to fix :p. I hope to make it this weekend finally.

The citizens walking about are now indeed no normal officers. You will see they have other contributing perks also. You can assign them to a position if you want and then they will stay that. I tought that to be a nice touch :).
A "citizen" officer role doesn't make so much sense though.
It'll help once only normal officer types can be hired as officers by basing the Enc_Walker dialog on officer type instead of having it random.
But that's not such a major concern though for now, I suppose.

A "citizen" officer role doesn't make so much sense though.
It'll help once only normal officer types can be hired as officers by basing the Enc_Walker dialog on officer type instead of having it random.
But that's not such a major concern though for now, I suppose.
I actually like it a bit :p. but for beta 5 I'm going to look into the enc walkers indeed and it will probably be changed.
But for now I dont see the problem with having an officer who is a citizen :). I mean you can assign him to another post right :).
And dont you like the "People say I'm a good pirate" dialog :p?

Three more things. Leveling up for the player and the officers sees way too fast now. For example in a boarding of a larger warships the character and officers will gain levels several times. Secondly the offices one stats with in free seem stuck at only being able to handle ships at level 7 even though they have maxed out perks for leadership and sailing.

Also I have yet to see the apothacary quest to unlock the potion bonus. Is it active and just rare?

Three more things. Leveling up for the player and the officers sees way too fast now. For example in a boarding of a larger warships the character and officers will gain levels several times.
Did you install the fix I posted in the main topic already?
What level are you when boarding a large warship?

Secondly the offices one stats with in free seem stuck at only being able to handle ships at level 7 even though they have maxed out perks for leadership and sailing.
the officers you start with? You mean in Brave Black Flag? I believe a bug report for them is already made

Also I have yet to see the apothacary quest to unlock the potion bonus. Is it active and just rare?

Noticed that too. And because ayahuasca is only aviable on 1 place now I want to add a small quest at the apothecary which will also unlock the perks and allows you to buy ayahuasca there too untill we have more indian traders.

the officers you start with? You mean in Brave Black Flag? I believe a bug report for them is already made
I complained only about their salaries (zero at first and then changing seemingly at random). But the reason can be similar: when they are created out of thin air, some of the attributes are not properly updated. :)

For ease of use, here are all relevant code files that have been changed in my game since 8 Dec.

Attachments

• Levis_PB_Fixes_11Dec2015.zip
    154.6 KB · Views: 73
Put in the leveling fix. If anything the the promotions come even faster now. Multiple promotions in a single melee.

Put in the leveling fix. If anything the the promotions come even faster now. Multiple promotions in a single melee.
We could use some more information like what is messed up.

What diificulty are you playing?

Back