• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

STORM modeling team

superdurnius

Corsair
Coordinator
3D Artist
Storm Modeller
Just an Idea...

I have many WIP's... And just understood, why I'm to lazy to work on them... That is, because I'm working alone. I know, that I can use much help from community, but still, I'm working alone on most models...

My Idea is to gather up some of community members to small sub-community, that will concentrate on modeling. That won't be some members, that disappear and reappear and you need to wait for ages of they're reply. Some of volunteers to model. First concentration will be to finish build 14, so no CoAS modeling.

Team of couple of modelers and texturers takes some objective as main (that doesn't mean they have to cancel all other works they're doing on solo or with other teams). For example, subject town: first makes some buildings and props, second compile and places everything, third makes walk file, forth place locators, fifth recolors and etc... In this way there will be couple of location models in progress, that when all will be finished would make complete town...

That is Just Idea. I'm heading to work now, but after work will look here if some takes this serious. After that will start to gather some guys (or not)...

This would make some order and increase productivity, I guess...

Current Team
- SuperDurnius
- Short Jack Gold
- SuperChango
- ZarethPL

Hmm, this could use some more attention yes. Because modelling can be more tedious than texturing (much more boring stuff like UV mapping, path making etc.)
Perhaps you could learn new members how to do certain tasks? So you can get your own modelling team. I am not so helpful for this, since I don't even have time to make my solo mods xD

I understand what you mean. It's quite discouraging to work on things on your onesy.
Me, myself, I also always prefer actual collaborative efforts.
Doing that shares the workload and makes you feel more like you're not all alone in your work.
And it'll usually yield better results because everyone pitches in with ideas on how to make it better
and somebody else might have an idea for your work which gives you an idea again which gives the other person even more ideas.
It's just more fun that way! :woot

Of course I am not a modeler anymore, so unfortunately I can't actually try and help you with this.
But I do hope it takes off. Still hoping for that swamp.
And that Black Pearl deck in the sand. You had that desert almost complete, right?

Cool idea SD... organized work always gives better results than everyone pulling to their own side...

Yep it does indeed sound like an excellent idea :cheeky

I hope it works out and we get to see some excellent works :yes

So... I guess desijion is made...

Any volunteers?

Any projects to start?

For now I'll introducing my swamp and cave_ship to team... Anyone want to join?

A project I would like to have started is a Singapore location :yes

However the swamp and cave_ship will be good to have in game (and I need the swamp first xD:)
We just need some of the modellers/textures to get interested now :yes

And an Idea... I'd love to have created separate group of different color... As modders or news gatherers... To have better feeling of "team"... How about that, Pieter?

By the way, SuperDurnius, have you got any news from Damski62 ?
No... No news... His old e-mail is deleted... So no contacts, that aren't forum...

A project I would like to have started is a Singapore location :yes
Will have that in mind, but first, after gathering up team, I'd like to finish all solo mods of all team members... After that will start some huge things...
However the swamp and cave_ship will be good to have in game (and I need the swamp first xD:)
We just need some of the modellers/textures to get interested now :yes
[note]swamp first[/note]

And an Idea... I'd love to have created separate group of different color... As modders or news gatherers... To have better feeling of "team"... How about that, Pieter?
I like this idea :yes

I think you guys will still have the same permission as the modders but I might also add a subforum in the storm-engine modelling section that you guys can talk about your projects in... First though need to get a team together ;)

Yes, already PMed for some members...
COUNT ME IN! :onya

I am STILL hoping that someone can help me with the "conversion back" for characters.
I am quite good at Maya and Blender now - it is just the conversion in TOOL (or where ever) that has me stuck.

But, yes - location are of interest too. Writing Quests becomes problematic when trying to get the location type you need for the action you want.

Good Luck with this project.

Well thats two members :cheeky

I like your idea of ModDB Bartolomeu, however I think if they want to join they need to prove they are commited :yes

ZarethPL is in also... Still waiting for reply from YoHoHo

Hope Damski will return sometime... He's the only one I know that done those character things we all are stuck...

Yep, swamp as the first project would be good. That one's close to being finished anyway, right?
Then maybe you could get that desert landscape done? No need for an actual accurate Black Pearl deck.
We'll just use what we have now. But we will need that desert around it sooner or later.

Cave_ship cabin sounds like fun and indeed Singapore would be exceptionally awesome to have! :woot

Can do. What colour would you like? And will you need a seperate hidden forum of some kind?
It is possible to set you to, say, "Modeler" usergroup but keep the Modders permission set. :yes

Well thats two members
Three, mate! SuperDurnius, SuperChango and Short Jack Gold.
Edit: Four now! :doff

I like your idea of ModDB Bartolomeu, however I think if they want to join they need to prove they are commited
Can't hurt to let them know though. Might get some new modelers. ;)
Especially if we know HOW to use our tools properly and the modelers can get to MODELING, rather than EXPERIMENTING,
that'd be really good. So in addition to finishing the group's current WIPs (which I think is a VERY good idea),
I think it should also be one of the major goals to figure out and document how to make:
- Character models
- Ship models
- Location models
- Island models
- Worldmap models
AND how to get them ingame properly. And this for both PotC AND AoP/CoAS, of course.
I know SuperDurnius already started on this, but it'd be good if it were to be continued.
Oh... and please DO make mention of the Pennant (penn) locators required for New Horizons. ;)

Ok if I managed to do this right, you guys are all now part of the group 'Modelers' and your title is in maroon (so its close to red still ;))

You should all have the same rights as before (being able to access PotC Modding subforum) but you should now have access to a new subforum called Modeling Team Projects located in Storm Engine Modeling. You are the only ones (along with admin/moderators) that have access to this forum ;)

Back