• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Suggestions and bugs for an upcoming version!

Hey, that's interesting I thought it was used in the Jack Sparrow storyline. But looks like it is NOT!

I think I could find the code that gives you the Nicolas Sharp saber and replace it with this sword, if you want me to!

I think we should do.

Have you added your PotC game folder to the Windows Search Index yet? That's an awesome tool for coding.
Just type in whatever code you're trying to find and it'll immediately search in all files.

I think we should do.
Alright, then that will be my last piece of work for today!

Have you added your PotC game folder to the Windows Search Index yet? That's an awesome tool for coding.
Just type in whatever code you're trying to find and it'll immediately search in all files.
No, I thought with it being a 10 GB folder, it would still be a bit slow, and since I'm using the same few files for the sidequests anyways, I only added those. But since I'm getting a good feeling where to find the things I'm looking for, I'm needing it less and less ;)

And that was easy. Putting this file into PROGRAM/Storyline/LegendJackSparrow/dialogs should do the trick! Tested it and it works fine for me

Attachments

• Matthew Shaw_dialog.c
    3.7 KB · Views: 123
No, I thought with it being a 10 GB folder, it would still be a bit slow, and since I'm using the same few files for the sidequests anyways, I only added those. But since I'm getting a good feeling where to find the things I'm looking for, I'm needing it less and less ;)
It works VERY quick for me. A real lifesaver.

Alright, then that will be my last piece of work for today!

You can select the files / folders that it indexes - if you just index the PROGRAM folder - plus the folder where the quest book is in the RESOURCE folder you can cut the number of files it has to look at ( eliminates all the model files - so that it just indexes the text and code files :yes.

:cheers

Even so, with the FULL game folder, it is working perfectly for me still. :shrug

As a head's up, I am being nicely evil for the next modpack release! :whipa
- Now officers in enemy nation ports WILL notice if you are their enemy and all start attacking you if you can't convince them otherwise.
- You no longer get the sound hint if you have been pickpocketed. So you're going to have to pay attention!
- Treasure Quests will require certain items (pickaxe and shovel) and if you don't have them, you're going to have to get one before getting to the chest.

Anyone got any thoughts on the above? :wp

Ouch! You're in an evil mood! I like those changes, but will probably hate you for it later. :razz
Where's that little devil emoticon when you need it?

Haha! I can understand where you're coming from. :oops:

The first two are just reinstating the original intentions of the modder who put that in. It just had been too heavily modded since to still do what it was supposed to.
The third with the Treasure Quests are me trying to add a bit more of an adventure type gameplay in there, similar to Jack Rackham's Woodes Rogers storyline.
Otherwise it'd appear like they just leave the treasure lying around. At least now you have to put some effort into getting it.
Actually, with the bugged version, you had to put in effort too. But that was of the stupid-and-unintentional kind. I'm hoping this will turn out a bit more fun. :cheeky

Back