• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Suggestions and bugs for an upcoming version!

HAHAHA! It's great to upgrade the USA to being as fully developed a nation as the other ones! So thanks for working on this. They do deserve it, no? :cheeky
Yes, that is true! I think they're pretty equal to other nations now, except not having a Blacksmith as far as I know...

HAHAHA! It's great to upgrade the USA to being as fully developed a nation as the other ones! So thanks for working on this. They do deserve it, no? :cheeky

Question, if i was say... to build my own mod. for a pirate related game, not COAS or POTC, and i finish it. would you guys have it on the site?

Yes, that is true! I think they're pretty equal to other nations now, except not having a Blacksmith as far as I know...
True. But not all towns have blacksmiths anyway; only the original game ones do.
The one thing they ARE still missing, I think, is a correct animated flag on the worldmap.

Question, if i was say... to build my own mod. for a pirate related game, not COAS or POTC, and i finish it. would you guys have it on the site?
Sure. :yes

In an attempt to prevent confusion with us discussing multiple things in the same thread, I have split off various recent posts to their own separate threads:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/rebalancing-the-fencing-system.20547/
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/fixing-the-cannons-interface-including-buy-and-sale-prices.20551/
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/sidequests-for-additional-storylines.20555/

Edit: I did the same with many other posts in many other threads. Maybe not perfectly, but at least we've got grouped discussions now. :doff

any ideas why my cannon's smoke and shooting effect's look like this. all pixel and stuff.
Untitled.png

Here's a thought on that Sabre of Nicholas Sharp: What if we do keep it as being an amazingly good weapon,
but have Toff Oremans not give you an excellent one. Maybe a Worn one. Or even a Broken one.
So you'll have to repair it yourself and therefore have to put in a bit more effort to get such a good piece of metal.

I'm fine with that. It just means that new players will break and lose it before they repair it. I would put it in the ships chest until I get the money to repair it.

I'm fine with that. It just means that new players will break and lose it before they repair it. I would put it in the ships chest until I get the money to repair it.
If we make it a Worn one and not a Broken one, if they do use it straight away and break it, they'll still be able to repair it.
And since it is an expensive weapon, repairing it will be expensive. So it'll help you in the game. Just not straight away.

Hm, that seems to be an excellent option, I agree! Not sure how repair cost is calculated, but perhaps increase the price for this unique and very powerful sword a bit?

Worn one it is. I think I'll also change the description again to suggest it is one of its kind, to make it seem old and special. :cheeky

Alright, but be aware that in the Jack Sparrow Storyline, you can get your hands on several of those sabres, about 3, I think...

Several? Really? Indeed Will Turner and Annamaria have it too. Maybe give them another blade, eh?

Actually, when I looked through a few swords, I found this:
Perhaps if edited a little it would be a good blade to replace the Nicolas Sharp Saber in the Jack Sparrow Storyline?
Code:
  // Jack Sparrow's Cutlass (Russian Mod)//BB slightly 'crazy' weapon - it is JS!//BB highest value.
  makeref(itm,Items[n]);
  itm.id                      = "blade42";
  itm.skiptrade              = false;    //BB you can sell the item
  itm.skipsell                = true;    // you can't buy it
  itm.skiprand                = true;    // you can't randomly find it
  itm.skipequip              = false;
  //itm.skipequip  = NO_SPECIALWEAPONED_NPC ;
  itm.groupID                = BLADE_ITEM_TYPE;
  itm.name                    = "itmname_blade42";
  itm.describe                = "itmdescr_blade42";
  itm.folder                  = "ammo";
  itm.model                  = "blade42";
  itm.picIndex                = 8;
  itm.picTexture              = "ITEMS_23";
  itm.price                  = 19304;    //BB (25000)
  itm.dmg_min                = 10.0;    //BB (40.0) - now very low!
  itm.dmg_max                = 65.0;    //BB (55.0) - now very high!
  itm.piercing                = 75;      //BB (60)
  itm.block                  = 85;      //BB (60)
  itm.minlevel                = 99;      //BB+PB added minlevel to improve rarity.
  itm.rare                    = 0.00;    // should be unique
  itm.param.time              = 0.1;
  itm.skill.fencing          = +1;
  itm.param.colorstart        = argb(64, 64, 64, 64);
  itm.param.colorend          = argb(0, 32, 32, 32);
  itm.nation                  = PIRATE;
  itm.period                  = PERIOD_GOLDEN_AGE_OF_PIRACY;
  n++;
  // ccc special weapon assembly kit <--
For Will I could imagine Solingen Rapier (blade 26) or the Swept Hilt Rapier (bladeC30), and for Annamaria maybe a Piranha (blade10) or Snake Head (blade31)

Back